Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/14/2008 7:10:54 PM   
KG Erwin

The Packers' Aaron Rodgers has already thrown for over 200 yards and 3 TDs as GB now leads Detroit 21-0 in the 1st half. I'm lovin it. The understudy has learned well under the tutelage of a future Hall of Famer, and has proven that he can hold his own.

I'm seeing a curious parallel to the SF 49ers when they traded Joe Montana and handed the reins over to Steve Young. Hopefully 24-year-old Aaron Rodgers will maintain his balance and not let this early success go to his head.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/15/2008 11:47:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/14/2008 7:59:16 PM   
JudgeDredd

Well, I doubt this is hijacking the thread, as the question is linked to American Football.

Do those buggers get drugs tested? And if they do, is it to make sure they're on them?

Don't get me wrong, I love American Football, but the way those players smack each other around just because they stopped an interception or banged a runner...looks like they're all pumped up on steroids.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/14/2008 8:00:14 PM   
JudgeDredd

Meant to say, I like the Packers, so I'm glad to see they're winning. I'm switching between that game and Where Eagles Dare

< Message edited by JudgeDredd -- 9/14/2008 8:42:43 PM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/14/2008 8:09:55 PM   
Skipjack

Great to see #12 doing well - I figured Teddy T and Mike #3 knew he was good enough to start in the NFL, when they effectively went "all in" on him

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/14/2008 9:33:02 PM   
KG Erwin

The final was 48-25, Green Bay. The Packers are becoming a scoring machine, with both the offense and defense contributing. Here's the thing about Aaron Rodgers -- his disciplined style doesn't remind me so much of Favre, but of an earlier Packers legend --Bart Starr. Short passes combined with occasional throws down the field. Combine this with a decent running game, and GB shows potential to be a power to be reckoned with.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/14/2008 9:35:37 PM >

(in reply to Skipjack)
Post #: 5
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/14/2008 9:52:51 PM   
KTNJR

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

The final was 48-25, Green Bay. The Packers are becoming a scoring machine, with both the offense and defense contributing. Here's the thing about Aaron Rodgers -- his disciplined style doesn't remind me so much of Favre, but of an earlier Packers legend --Bart Starr. Short passes combined with occasional throws down the field. Combine this with a decent running game, and GB shows potential to be a power to be reckoned with.

Were you around to see Bart Star play They almost gave the game away.
Judge, the drug testing in the NFL is very strict! Everybody is tested once a year and then random testing through out the season. The test will find out if they do take anything. Even the cold medicine they take.
This is one sport you to love to really play it at a high level.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 2:26:08 AM   
Phatguy

JD,

Speaking from experience(non-pro) you are so full of adrenaline that it can seem you are jacked on 'roids... but then again, when I played 'roids werent exactly illegal.

(in reply to KTNJR)
Post #: 7
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 3:40:39 AM   
Paul Vebber

Next week against the 'Boys will be the real test of Rodgers. The way the Vikes played against the Colts made that win a bit more impressive, but I am not that impressed with the Lions.

I think the game will be close, but Pack will need some Lambeau magic to win... but there is a good chance for a post season rematch...

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 8
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 3:49:43 PM   
Grell

quote:

The Packers' Aaron Rodgers has already thrown for over 200 yards and 3 TDs as GB now leads Detroit 21-0 in the 1st half. I'm lovin it. The understudy has learned well under the tutelage of a future Hall of Famer, and has proven that he can hold his own.

I'm seeing a curious parallel to the SF 49ers when they traded Joe Montana and handed the reins over to Steve Rogers. Hopefully 24-year-old Aaron Rodgers will maintain his balance and not let this early success go to his head.

Hi KG Erwin,

I see what you are saying, he does have that spark.

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 9
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 5:04:59 PM   
Twotribes

Carolina Panthers all the way.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 10
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 7:43:28 PM   
Arctic Blast

I like the Panthers this year...they were my NFC 'Dark Horse' going in to the season.

And, yeah, Rodgers looks DAMN good. Of course, there are some Pop Warner teams who would look good versus that Detroit 'defense'.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 11
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 9:47:03 PM   
Yogi the Great

Unfortunately (because of age) I was around to see Bart Star Play.  I actually preferred him to Brett.  Of course back then Teams were Teams not a bunch of individuals.  We will probably never see another Lombardi  or team accomplish what they did.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the players of today aren't physically bigger, stronger or individually more talented.  I'm just a bit of an old fogey who appreciates other values.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 12
RE: OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" - 9/15/2008 11:49:22 PM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grell

quote:

I'm seeing a curious parallel to the SF 49ers when they traded Joe Montana and handed the reins over to Steve Rogers. Hopefully 24-year-old Aaron Rodgers will maintain his balance and not let this early success go to his head.

Hi KG Erwin,

I see what you are saying, he does have that spark.

Regards,

Greg

Oops. I realized a mistake I made. Montana's replacement was Steve YOUNG.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> OT "Mister Rodgers' Neighborhood" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI