Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of questions on leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> A couple of questions on leaders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of questions on leaders - 9/18/2008 7:01:59 PM   
silber

Is it an effective tactic to concentrate an army's artillery under an artillery commander, or is it better to parcel it out among the infantry corps? I know that artillery can slow down a corps if the commander has a poor artillery rating though, but that you need a certain amount of infantry per artillery unit in order for it to commit.

Is there any use attaching an admin leader as a CSC?
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of questions on leaders - 9/18/2008 8:16:02 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: silber
Is it an effective tactic to concentrate an army's artillery under an artillery commander, or is it better to parcel it out among the infantry corps?

Concentration works great. However, it's a lot more common to have an infantry corps commander than an artillery corps commander until later in the war (most Artillery commanders need experience before getting up to Corps Command level). So in 1862 you usually have artillery in your infantry corps with artillery CSCs and by the end of the war you likely have some concentrated artillery corps as well.

quote:

I know that artillery can slow down a corps if the commander has a poor artillery rating though, but that you need a certain amount of infantry per artillery unit in order for it to commit.

Always try to avoid slowing down a corps if the commander is not good with artillery. The infantry/artillery ratio is checked on a battle basis, not corps by corps, so you just need the right ratio overall.

quote:

Is there any use attaching an admin leader as a CSC?

Nope.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to silber)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> A couple of questions on leaders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI