Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mouse problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Mouse problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mouse problem - 9/20/2008 8:24:09 PM   
rich12545

The problem is only with this game so far as I can tell.

I have a Logitech multi-button programmable mouse. Made for left handers heh heh. What I can do is program each button for each game. This is handy in lots of cases. For CS (it's tied to an exe so I set it for each) I programmed 1 and 2 so I could easily change views. The way it works is I set a key to a mouse button. Simple. Problem is it didn't work here. The mouse program set it up fine. It just didn't work. Anybody have any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Mouse problem - 9/20/2008 10:37:36 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

The problem is only with this game so far as I can tell.

I have a Logitech multi-button programmable mouse. Made for left handers heh heh. What I can do is program each button for each game. This is handy in lots of cases. For CS (it's tied to an exe so I set it for each) I programmed 1 and 2 so I could easily change views. The way it works is I set a key to a mouse button. Simple. Problem is it didn't work here. The mouse program set it up fine. It just didn't work. Anybody have any ideas?

No ideas from me, but interesting issue nevertheless.

Jason Petho

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 2
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 12:28:11 PM   
borsook79

What exe have you tied it to? There is one exe that fires up the menu were you choose West-East-RS and then a separate exe for each of these is fired. Maybe you set it for the menu exe not the actuall game exes? Just guessing of course.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 5:15:10 PM   
rich12545

Thanks but no.  I tied it to each.  ie west front.exe.  

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 4
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 6:27:59 PM   
junk2drive

You used the 1 and 2 at the top of keyboard? Not number pad.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 5
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 7:19:56 PM   
rich12545

Hi Junk, how you doing?    Yeah, that's right.  Top of the keyboard.  This is why sometimes I hate computers.  For no reason whatsoever, something doesn't work right.  And it defies any kind of rationality.  I thought maybe there was some internal reason in the game, but according to Jason there's not.  Weird.  And being left handed with the 1-2 on the left it's sometimes a pain to keep changing.  Oh, well.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 7:33:54 PM   
junk2drive

Doing well thanks. I'm lefty too and have my mouse on the left but still use the left button to left click.

I reach across with my right to press the 1-5 keys for view and sometimes use the on screen icon to zoom back in. Wish list would be a zoom out icon and plus minus hotkeys.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 7
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 7:54:20 PM   
rich12545

This mouse from Logitech is the only one I've seen that is specially designed for left handers. Got it about a year ago and started using the right button for a left click (and vice versa), after all these years. Took me a while to get used to it but once I did it's really great.

Months ago I pushed for programmable keys for CS but it didn't fly.  Reaching across is certainly not a game breaker, just a minor inconvenience.  I hardly ever use 3-4-5 but use 1-2 all the time so I tried to do the mouse.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 8:48:18 PM   
junk2drive

Is it cord or cordless?

I've gotten so use to middle finger left click and index finger scroll/right click. My brain can't read directions that say left click here and have my index finger click the right button, lol.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 9
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 9:19:24 PM   
rich12545

It's cordless.  I have two sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger that I got off ebay for about $10.  Batteries last about a month before needing to be switched.

Yeah, I used to be the same way.  Felt weird for a while and for about a week I had to consciously think about which finger to use.  So now I use the index for L click and scroll and the middle for R click.  Once I got used to it, it really feels more natural.  Plus there are a lot of additional buttons that are programmable....for most games lol.

Anyway, if you're interested, take a look at the Logitech web site.  You can't mistake it.  It's for all the great people.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 10
RE: Mouse problem - 9/21/2008 11:57:25 PM   
junk2drive

Thanks I'll have a look.

My coworker just bought a new wired mouse as he got tired of the cordless one needing batteries and he states it goes to sleep to conserve and waking it up with movement gets annoying.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Mouse problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI