Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Manual? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual? - 9/25/2008 3:36:48 AM   
Sarconix

Hey folks,

I am considering buying CAW, but I would like to see the manual. I don't need a high-quality version, or even the whole thing: maybe just a few pages and the table of contents and index. Is this available somewhere, or can it be posted here? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 2:22:40 PM   
SuluSea

The manual is 60 some pages and the game is well worth the money if  WW2 Naval Pacific Theatre is to your liking.

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to Sarconix)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 2:34:04 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarconix

Hey folks,

I am considering buying CAW, but I would like to see the manual. I don't need a high-quality version, or even the whole thing: maybe just a few pages and the table of contents and index. Is this available somewhere, or can it be posted here? Thanks.

I am not positive, but I don't think posting even part of the manual is allowed.

Flipper

(in reply to Sarconix)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 4:15:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm allowed, so I'll post a couple of pages here for you to help with your decision.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 9/25/2008 4:17:52 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 4
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 4:16:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

And here's a second one. Hope that helps.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 9/25/2008 4:18:14 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 6:53:56 PM   
wworld7

Erik is God!

I heard the rumors but never beleived them until now...

P.S. Could you please help the Miami Dolphins?

Flipper

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 8:08:42 PM   
SuluSea

I usually read the manual from front to back but using the tutorial option the game provides you'll be up to speed and enjoying game play within the hour.

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 7
RE: Manual? - 9/25/2008 11:58:16 PM   
Sarconix

Thanks very much, Erik! That looks pretty good. You have just helped make a sale. Now I need to decide whether I want to download / print the manual myself or buy the boxed version...

<soapbox>
I frequently rely on game manuals to help me make a purchase decision, especially in the absence of a demo or many reviews. Steam makes the manuals for almost all of its games available, before you buy. Replacementdocs.com is also a good resource for finding manuals for older games.

So why not make the Matrix manuals freely available for review? The manuals I have seen for Matrix games are of pretty good quality (including the sample above), and reflect well on the product.

It won't hurt sales to share the manuals (unless the manual is not very good, of course), and indeed it can certainly help. You might argue that you don't want game pirates to have access to the manual, but since the manual is available in PDF format (unlike the old days), it doesn't make a difference: the manual will be in the pirated copy anyway.

There might be a decent reason I am missing, or perhaps this has been discussed before. These are just my immediate thoughts.
</soapbox>

(in reply to Sarconix)
Post #: 8
RE: Manual? - 9/27/2008 3:01:47 AM   
LarryP

This manual is excellent. In full color too as you can see. I have been reading it this week and also going back to the game after not playing since last year. I have been having a great time again!

Many times having a manual posted would have made the buying decision a faster one for me. Good idea.

(in reply to Sarconix)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Manual? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI