Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Deciphering Leader Ratings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Deciphering Leader Ratings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deciphering Leader Ratings - 9/26/2008 10:23:38 PM   
tbriert

I have a question for anyone who can provide an answer regarding leader ratings, for the mod I am looking at undertaking.

When you look at the leaders61.txt or the XLS spreadsheet file, I can make sense of any number of things. However, I am baffled as to what the value for 'start' means -- the last one in the column. It does not appear to refer to the starting region, nor does it appear to relate to a particular rank or turn delay either. I am mystified as to what this value means, but it must be important.

I can see where the command ratings in the file are not necessarily the ones the leaders start with, as those are set in the regions.txt file. Rather, they appear to be what the command rating becomes when the leader hits his promotion rank after the delay. The delay is self explanatory as well, but also makes it confusing as to how to make a leader enter at a certain date, and promote him automatically at another date.

For example, take Joe Hooker. He is listed as a command rating 12, with a delay 0f 6205 and a rank of 2. He then has a 'start' value of 224. So, I interpret this as Hooker gets promoted in May of 62 to 2 star rank, at which time his CP goes up to 12. I dont know what the start value is however, or how it modifies any other value. As he is brought in as a reinforcement, perhaps it has something to do with designating which theater he comes in, but I dont see how it is tied to a particular region when I can bring him in as a reinforcement directly to an army.

Continuing with my Joe Hooker example, how would I code him for the 1861 scenario if I wanted him to first be available to the Union player to be selected from the leader pool in January, 1862, and to enter with a 1 star rank and a 5 CP rating. Then, I wanted to have him autopromoted in September, 1862 to 2 star rank and a 9 CP rating?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Deciphering Leader Ratings - 9/27/2008 6:12:26 AM   
Joel Billings

Start is the region number that is where the leader is from (determines whether he is an eastern or western theater leader.

As for your question about Hooker, you'd have to give him a 9 CP rating and a delay of 6209 with a rank of 2. This would meet your 1862 stats. Whether he comes in earlier or not is based on what other leaders are available to come along with Hooker's stats. You can't determine both, exactly when he is first available and when he will reach the higher rank.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 9/27/2008 6:13:05 AM >

(in reply to tbriert)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Deciphering Leader Ratings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI