Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Metro Football League - Season 5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/1/2008 12:20:54 PM   
Tullius

Brandenburg should fire the GM and not the coach. Brandenburg has since two seasons a punter which achieved a net average of 25 and 27 yards/ game.

(in reply to bneil)
Post #: 61
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/2/2008 3:41:12 AM   
DreamTeams

Four teams just hired new head coaches. Who will lead these teams into the future?

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 62
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/6/2008 4:27:53 PM   
DreamTeams

As usual, I'll be taking a break the next couple months or less and will return for season six after that. Meanwhile, I'll be tweaking graphics, toying with the constants, and holding the draft. I'll post the draft results when completed.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 63
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/12/2008 6:58:53 AM   
DreamTeams

Added brief team notes to each team page.

Nothing big, lists brief team post season accomplishmets (if any) and arch rival.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 64
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/15/2008 8:59:54 PM   
DreamTeams

Here are a few graphic updates...

- The Rangers have been switched to the Double D Stadium (garysorrel) model stadium.

- The Invaders have been switched to the Rhino Bowl (garysorrel) stadium model.

- If you hadn't noticed already, the Monarchs were switched to the Urban Dome (garysorrel) stadium model at mid-season. Although, the Convention Ctr model was a great fit for them the game play was too choppy. Tried to get the poly count down, but with no success.

- The Colonials have been switched to the Municipal Stadium (garysorrel) model.

- The Bulldogs have been switched to the Bedrock Stadium (local8h) model. Was finally able to get the poly count down for smoother play.

- The Kodiaks have been switched to the Don Stadia (local8h) model.

Here are a couple uniform tweaks...

- The Colonials have discarded their colonial red jerseys and will play in patriarch blue jerseys next season. They'll play in patriarch blue pants on the road. Their reds will serve as alternates from time to time.

- The Jaxton Jackets have retired their yellow pants all together. They will play in white pants at home and on the road next season. They do plan to wear their yellow pants as alternates every so often.

All updates can be seen on the site at the 'team locker room' page.

< Message edited by DreamTeams -- 12/15/2008 10:40:30 PM >

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 65
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/16/2008 12:26:56 AM   
garysorrell

Hey DT....did you try making the bmp files in Convention Center 256 color?

As zipped and uploaded to my site, they were 16million color, which means they are big suckers. 3 of them total about 6 megs.

decreased to 256 color bitmaps, the biggest is about 700k, instead of 2meg.

If you havent tried it, it may help the framerate....maybe.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 66
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/16/2008 1:40:51 AM   
DreamTeams

Hey, that worked pretty good. Thanks Gary.

The Metropolis Monarchs have been switched back to the Convention Center.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 67
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/16/2008 1:52:15 AM   
garysorrell

Glad to hear that. I should post a warning on the stadium pages of my site. David said big images could cause slowdowns. But I try and use JPGs which are usually compressed small anyway, and BMPs can be lowered as well. I would imagine they are the main culprit. If you edit them as 16million color images, then decrease them to 256, they should usually look fine. And the pink seems to decrease properly as well and the transparency isnt hosed.

I left them big so people could edit them, then compress.....probably shoulda mentioned that :-)

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 68
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/25/2008 12:53:40 AM   
DreamTeams

Just having a little fun. Here are few visuals of the uni tweaks for next season (mentioned earlier in this thread)...

Left to right: Tritons will strut their powder blues on the road; Colonials do a total switch from colonial red to patriarch blue; Jackets trade in their yellow pants for whites at home and on the road.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 69
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/25/2008 3:51:28 AM   
garysorrell

Looks good......Hope Cape City is ready for the draft

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 70
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/25/2008 5:27:13 AM   
DreamTeams

Thanks, Gary. The good news is that I'll be using Tullius' draft utility for the MFL draft this offseason. It's quite a utility and does an amazing job at anlyzing individual team rosters, looking for retirement holes and drafting according to team needs, as well as accounting for stars in the draft. It does a far superior job than MaxF which leaves holes due to the wacky way it uses profiles to draft rookies.

Anyway, hope to hold the draft sometime this week.

Post #: 71
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/28/2008 7:19:26 PM   
DreamTeams

The MFL draft is complete.

Ran the draft using Tullius excellent draft utility.

Site has been updated with complete 10 round draft results.

Enjoy.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 72
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/28/2008 9:01:55 PM   
garysorrell

Aint that the truth. What a wonderful utility. Love how all the info you need is right there, a click away.

Very nice job for CC. Got a couple young skill guys on offense and loaded up heavy on defense.
Look forward to seeing their post camp ratings.

Interesting all the WRs that went in the first round.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 73
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/28/2008 9:19:24 PM   
Tullius

Nice that now a draft went through.

I do not like the white background color in the first row. It happens when you select all rows. My original intention was that the csv file is used for html pages but i have already seen the tendence to use the Draft result screen (which is only for information).

The design of these tables was a little adventure because i have no clue about the colors so i made several experiments and asa result we have different looks. Graphics is still a weak point.

Post #: 74
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/29/2008 1:25:03 AM   
garysorrell

My leagues are usually no more than 10 teams, so it's just easier to take a shot of the results screen. After season 1, I usually only have 5 round drafts anyway.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 75
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/29/2008 2:41:26 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

Interesting all the WRs that went in the first round.

Yep. Used the suggested position factors found in the utility manual.

Most of those WRs taken where created players I dropped in the draft pool to become potential stars. Was pleased that the utility recognized their star potential and some teams drafted for talent while others focused on desperate needs. I also dropped in 5 RBs, 4 LBs, 4 DBs, 3 QBs and 2 TEs. Quite a few of these were taken in the first round. Overall, most teams got what they needed. Normally I don't create that many players, but for some reason felt inspired to do so this time.

Post #: 76
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/29/2008 2:58:01 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tullius

Nice that now a draft went through.

I do not like the white background color in the first row. It happens when you select all rows. My original intention was that the csv file is used for html pages but i have already seen the tendence to use the Draft result screen (which is only for information).

The design of these tables was a little adventure because i have no clue about the colors so i made several experiments and asa result we have different looks. Graphics is still a weak point.

It worked great, Tullius. I thought about using the csv-to-web page but the results screen is quite nice and is easier on the eye.

Great job.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 77
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/30/2008 7:05:54 PM   
DreamTeams

Another graphic update...

- The Spartans have been switched to the R.N.M Stadium (Mykal) model.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 78
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 12/31/2008 12:17:13 AM   
DreamTeams

Still gearing up for season 6 so here's what I've been up to...

- Next season's schedule has been posted to the site.

- Updated team rosters are posted.

- Starting with season 6 I'll be going back to posting the stats page generated by MaxF after each sim week. I know it's not the best approach to posting stats but it currently saves time on updating. I will also continue to list injury updates on a separate page. However, I will be posting the Garysorrel/Tullius approach to the season stat page after sim-week 5 and at the end of the season.

Here are a few more thoughts and changes for next season...

- Again thought about expanding the playoff structure and adding two more teams to the mix (8 teams total), but just could not pull the trigger on it. The conference title and seeding would have still worked the same, but the bye would have been eliminated. It's a no go. I'll most likely consider this again after next season.

- Tweaked the constants file again. Also tweaked the quick sim constant. I'll post these later as I'm still testing.

- Tweaked injuries in the maindata dbase. There should be far less injuries next season thus making it a bit less likely the ai will need to adjust rosters due to frequent injuries.
Also added a few more injuries...

Knee
Foot
Arm
Serious Arm
Serious Leg
Collar Bone
Hip Pointer
Quad Contusion
Serious Concussion
Wrist

- Edited the SkillAttribute_Ranges for speed (R1) of WRs and DBs. This will make most game generated receivers faster than D-backs. Should keep the passing game open. Here are my speed ranges for both...

WR 80/90
DB 75/80

I will still be dropping a few lock down D-backs (90+ speed) into the rookie draft. This will keep things interesting.

- Completed a few more uniform tweaks last night. Most teams will be dropping the old-school sock stripes and adopting the bold yet simplified pro-style stripe seen on the updated Jaxton Jackets uniform.

Hope to kick-off season 6 within the next few weeks.

Stay tuned.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 79
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/2/2009 10:05:51 PM   
Reaser

Best solo league by far, love the updates, like the new uni's also, Frank Wine is obvious pre-season choice for ROTY...

Not that I have any control over what you do with your league, but I prefer the 6 team playoffs if you were looking for opinions on that , 8 seems like it'd be too much and take away the bye from winning your conference...

I like that we are opening our season (as defending champions!!) against Cape City, which is our week 1 oppononent every year, traditional, also the last two Metro Bowl champions facing off to open the season, nice touch.  Its the game I look forward to most each season, even though Gotham got listed as our arch rival I consider Cape City to be our rivals, as thats the best competition in our conference, its who we open the season against each season and they have 2 titles to our one.  Plus it has the two best coaches in the league, imo, lifetime contracted coaches Stanley and Cooper going head to head, obviously with Stanley being the best coach in league history. 

Feel confident in our team repeating for season 6, Metro Bowl MVP Garwood Greaney still at QB, 4 legit RB's not counting our first round pick, all have got the job done when they've been in the lineup even though we're a passing team, two awesome corners in future MFL HOFer Dee Sugden and superstar D. Naylor.

We do have two players on the roster with #0??

and

EMERGENCY!!!!! (READ)

I didn't see his name listed on retirements, and for some reason I'm not seeing him listed on our roster, its just after New Year's so could easily be out of it and not seeing it but where is the greatest WR in league history, HAGIN...He's not listed on the league records page though I'm sure he would be in the top 3-5 in each catagory, had over 2,000 yards receiving in season 5 as well as 18 receiving TD's.  Missing from the roster and record books and not seeing that he retired.

Can us Makos fans get an update or did we dominate the league so bad that players are getting stolen from us...  (jk)...

< Message edited by Reaser -- 1/2/2009 10:07:26 PM >

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 80
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/2/2009 10:10:57 PM   
Reaser

also just a question, would be good but maybe coincidence.

Is the former Spartans QB Fedora that retired after season 5 the same Fedora that is the Spartans new head coach??

that'd be pretty cool, former players taking over coaching jobs, though crazy, QB'ing the team one season, the next he's head coach, running the show either way...

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 81
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/2/2009 10:27:22 PM   
Marauders

The Dragons needed some defense and drafted a running back in the first round.  Typical ....

Let's hope that Jasper Sweet has the same impact that Adrian Peterson had in the NFL.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 82
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/2/2009 11:05:23 PM   
Reaser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

The Dragons needed some defense and drafted a running back in the first round.  Typical ....

Let's hope that Jasper Sweet has the same impact that Adrian Peterson had in the NFL.

This post made me think;

Since I found the MFL I've wanted to "run" the Makos but had already read that DT is set with solo, and really, I think he should be, the league as is is extremely entertaining to follow, I like the coaches setup (as in contract review and length they can coach and especially the lifetime deal to when they retire for Metro Bowl winning coaches), so ya, I'm happy just following the entire league and specifically my Makos....

that said, the ONE thing that could use some human GM interaction is the draft, imo, would be cool if DT opened it up where we could be GM (or some other title) of a team and just have control over doing the draft, get to see the list of avaliable players, and make our picks for our teams, could follow who we pick and such, NO control over anything else, coaches, starters, anything because personally I like how all that is, players stay with their teams until they retire is awesome, but ya, just throwing us a bone so to speak, and letting us do the draft would be fun and something cool for each off-season. Could easily limit it also, teams have to draft the open positions, say I needed a QB and 2 DL, I couldn't just draft WR's because they looked good, would have to fill the required positions but still would be picking the players for my team that I wanted.

Just an idea, not even really that, just want another connection to "my" team and without ruining/changing how the league is ran, thats the best thing I could think of, and would definately be fun to follow the players "we" picked...

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 83
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/3/2009 12:01:20 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reaser

Not that I have any control over what you do with your league, but I prefer the 6 team playoffs if you were looking for opinions on that , 8 seems like it'd be too much and take away the bye from winning your conference...

Agreed. Seems like there should be a bonus reward for winning the conference and the bye is that bonus.

quote:

I like that we are opening our season (as defending champions!!) against Cape City, which is our week 1 oppononent every year, traditional, also the last two Metro Bowl champions facing off to open the season, nice touch. Its the game I look forward to most each season, even though Gotham got listed as our arch rival I consider Cape City to be our rivals, as thats the best competition in our conference, its who we open the season against each season and they have 2 titles to our one. Plus it has the two best coaches in the league, imo, lifetime contracted coaches Stanley and Cooper going head to head, obviously with Stanley being the best coach in league history.

Hmm good points. Ok. Gave them Gotham becasue both are huge market cities on the east coast. However, the Makos now have two arch rivals in Gotham and Cape City. Both are now listed on their team page.

quote:

We do have two players on the roster with #0??

Fixed.

quote:

EMERGENCY!!!!! (READ)

I didn't see his name listed on retirements, and for some reason I'm not seeing him listed on our roster, its just after New Year's so could easily be out of it and not seeing it but where is the greatest WR in league history, HAGIN...He's not listed on the league records page though I'm sure he would be in the top 3-5 in each catagory, had over 2,000 yards receiving in season 5 as well as 18 receiving TD's. Missing from the roster and record books and not seeing that he retired.

Can us Makos fans get an update or did we dominate the league so bad that players are getting stolen from us... (jk)...

Good catch. Somehow he was released by the Makos. Clearly a game error. Also, fixed.

quote:

also just a question, would be good but maybe coincidence.

Is the former Spartans QB Fedora that retired after season 5 the same Fedora that is the Spartans new head coach??

that'd be pretty cool, former players taking over coaching jobs, though crazy, QB'ing the team one season, the next he's head coach, running the show either way...

Yep. He's one in the same. True, it' s a quick rise to the helm but the Spartans really wanted to shake things up. Should be an interesting season six.

Thanks for the feedback.

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 84
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/3/2009 12:12:22 AM   
Reaser

quote:

Hmm good points. Ok. Gave them Gotham becasue both are huge market cities on the east coast. However, the Makos now have two arch rivals in Gotham and Cape City. Both are now listed on their team page.

Nice, thanks, good change, just how I personally looked at it, kinda makes Gotham our Northern Eastcoast Rivals and Cape City our Southern East Coast rivals if I looked at and am remembering the map correctly...

quote:

Good catch. Somehow he was released by the Makos. Clearly a game error. Also, fixed.

Hell ya!!! Hagin is back, nice, damn "we" have an impressive roster...

quote:

Yep. He's one in the same. True, it' s a quick rise to the helm but the Spartans really wanted to shake things up. Should be an interesting season six.

Thats awesome that you did it like that, I like it, just noticed it because he was QB, has this happend with any other players, and are you going to incorporate it in the future, having former players become coaching candidates??

< Message edited by Reaser -- 1/3/2009 12:13:50 AM >

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 85
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/3/2009 12:50:54 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Hmmm. It is interesting they'd take a RB over the DB, but Sweet would have definitely been gone by the second round. Not sure that it wasn't a pretty good ai move after taking a look at it. The Dragons picked up a really nice skill player in the first round and an excellent defender in the second round. Sweet could make quite a blistering tandem in the backfield with Franklin an already great back. Also, Grover's speed makes him quite a foe at DB to go along with a already lockdown DB in MacCluskie, last season's draftee. Will be interesting to see how this pans out over time.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 86
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/3/2009 12:59:30 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

[Thats awesome that you did it like that, I like it, just noticed it because he was QB, has this happend with any other players, and are you going to incorporate it in the future, having former players become coaching candidates??

He's the first former player to be named head coach of an MFL team. Yes, it's something I plan to continue.:)

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 87
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/3/2009 9:47:43 AM   
DreamTeams

quote:

that said, the ONE thing that could use some human GM interaction is the draft, imo, would be cool if DT opened it up where we could be GM (or some other title) of a team and just have control over doing the draft, get to see the list of avaliable players, and make our picks for our teams, could follow who we pick and such, NO control over anything else, Just an idea, not even really that, just want another connection to "my" team and without ruining/changing how the league is ran, thats the best thing I could think of, and would definately be fun to follow the players "we" picked...

Thanks for the suggestion Reaser. However, I see all folks who choose to follow the league, including myself, more as fans of the league or certain teams rather than taking on any GM functions. Also, not really intersted in taking on even slight commissioner responsibilities. Been there, done that. For me, I've learned to keep it solo and possibly inspire others in the process. This way I can move forward as my schedule allows. Actually, the Tullius trade utility is proving a solo league godsend as it has improved the draft process considerably.

Anyway, thanks again.

< Message edited by DreamTeams -- 1/3/2009 8:27:25 PM >

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 88
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/3/2009 6:38:42 PM   
garysorrell

Yes, please keep it solo DT....love following the Metro.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 89
RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 - 1/7/2009 3:21:14 AM   
bneil

DreamTeams,
A quick question about the league. Do you quick sim or play sim the games?

Bobneil

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> RE: Metro Football League - Season 5 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI