Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario List with Briefings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Scenario List with Briefings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario List with Briefings - 10/2/2008 12:19:57 AM   
McGlu

I posted this over on the Slitherine forums and thought folks here might like this info as well. Here's a list of all the scenarios and their associated briefings...

Grand Campaign 1805-1814 [169 Turns]

France:

The year is 1805. Great Britain is allied with Austria and Russia and part of a Coalition that you need to defeat to win the war.

Russia is a mighty and growing enemy with vast terrain and harsh weather. You need to defeat them sooner rather than later.

Austria is your neighboring rival, the first chance to gain a victory. Defeat all three countries of the coalition to win the scenario.

Coalition:

The year is 1805. Great Britain is part of the Coalition together with Austria and Russia, trying to defeat France led by Napoleon Bonaparte. Conquer Paris to make France surrender to win the war.

Russia is a large country with harsh weather biding its time. You need to build your forces and develop your technologies to be able to cope with superior French tactics.

Austria has started the first hostilities, but an aggressive French counterattack soon forces her to fight along a wavering front, desperately calling on their Allies to help them out.

Victory Conditions:

London 2VP
Berlin 1VP
Moscow 3VP
Paris 3VP
Vienna 1VP

1806-1807 The Prussian Blitz [14 Turns]

France:

The year is 1806. Great Britain is allied with Prussia and Russia and part of a Coalition. The British form no real threat as a military land power on the Continent, but they are the main economic force behind the Coalition and the British Navy indisputably rules the waves. You need to take Berlin and Warsaw, completely defeat Prussian forces and force Russia out of Prussia to win this scenario.

Prussia finally joined the coalition after the defeat of Austria. Take Berlin and destroy all Prussian resistance throughout its territories.

Russia is strongly allied with Prussia and will help to defend Prussian occupied Polish territories, in the mean time securing its own Western borders. Conquer Warsaw and drive all Russian forces out of Prussia and force them to an uneasy peace.

Coalition:

The year is 1806. Great Britain is part of the Coalition together with Prussia and Russia, trying to stop France.

Hurt France and help your allies as much as possible. Your Navy is a powerful weapon controlling the seas, use it wisely.

Prussia is currently invaded by the French forces. Defend Berlin, defeat the French forces and protect all Prussian territories at all costs.

Russia needs to defend Warsaw and assist the Prussians as much as possible, try and defeat French forces and hold on Prussian territory as long as possible.

Victory Conditions:

Berlin 2VP
Warschau 1VP

1808-1809 The Peninsular War [19 Turns]

France:

The year is 1808. Great Britain is allied with Portugal and Spain as part of a Coalition. Your main goal is to defeat all Coalition forces within the Spanish Peninsula. Expect strong resistance and hostile guerilla activities that can cause heavy supply problems. You need to defeat and hold all of Spain and Portugal and expel all British forces to win this scenario.

Spain will strongly resist your invasion of its territories. Take Madrid and Cadiz, hold and secure all of Spain and crush all resistance and guerilla activities.

Portugal can count on strong British forces to help and defend her territories. Take and hold Porto and Lisbon and expel all British forces from the Peninsula.

Coalition:

The year is 1808. Great Britain is part of the Coalition with Portugal and Spain. Together you will have to defend Spain and Portugal and repel all French invasion forces. Your Navy is a powerful weapon controlling the seas, use it wisely.

Spain is currently invaded by the French forces. Defend Madrid and hold Cadiz at all costs, defeat the French forces with help of your coalition partners and hurt French supply as much as possible with your guerilla units.

Portugal needs to defend Lisbon and Porto and assist the British as much as possible. Try and repel the French invasions and eventually force France out of the Peninsula.

Victory Conditions:

Lisbon 2VP
Madrid 2VP
Cadiz 1VP

1809 Campaign on the Danube [8 Turns]

France:

The year is 1809. Austria may, without any declaration of war, invade Bavaria and threatens to take Munich, this could potentially lead to widespread revolts in Prussia and unrest among your German Rheinbund Coalition partners.

Defend Munich, take Vienna and destroy all Austrian forces on the both banks of the Danube to win this scenario.

Coalition:

The year is 1809. Austria finally decides to revolt against French domination of Continental Europe again. Invade Bavaria and take Munich, hopefully dividing French forces and force Prussia or other German States to join your revolt. On the same time defend Vienna against any French counterattack and hold the banks of the Danube as long as possible.

Victory Conditions:

Munich 1VP
Vienna 2VP

1812 The Invasion of Russia [19 Turns]

France:

The year is 1812. Russia is your only surviving rival on the continent, the immense vastness of its territories the harsh terrain, sever winters and constant Cossack raids will cause huge logistic problems. Supply and food will be hard to find so a quick and decisive victory is your goal. Take Moscow and other victory locations to win the scenario.

Coalition:

The year is 1812. Russia is invaded by French Imperial forces, it is time to defend the Motherland. Destroy all French forces and repel them from Russia’s sacred soil. Defend all of your important cities and the Capital.

Victory Conditions:

Paris 2VP
St. Petersburg 1VP
Moscow 4VP
Reval 1VP
Smolensk 1VP

1813 The Struggle of the Nations [9 Turns]

France:

The year is 1813. Russia is allied with Prussia and part of a Coalition. Austria is officially still neutral but cannot be trusted any longer. Despite the horrendous losses and the total disaster of the Russian campaign, Napoleon has been able to raise a new 'Grande Armee' once again. Lacking horses and cavalry in general and with mainly green recruits, France marches again to meet his enemies in the field.

Prussia is revolting and a new wave of German nationality is threatening to alienate France from its German Rheinbund allies.

Austria is still official a French ally, but rumors of treason are rising and you will have to keep a watchful eye on her loyalty and troops.

Coalition:

The year is 1813. Russia is allied with Prussia and part of a Coalition. Austria is officially still neutral but close to joining your Sixth Coalition against France.

Prussia is finally getting rid of French occupation and will do anything to revenge the humiliating defeats of 1806.

Austria is a French ally but her loyalty lies in the balance, she might be tempted to join your cause against France.

Victory Conditions:

London 2VP
Berlin 4VP
Moscow 1VP
Paris 1VP
Vienna 4VP

1814 The Defense of France [6 Turns]

France:

The year is 1814. Russia is allied with Prussia, Austria and Great Britain and part of a Coalition. France is in peril and invasion by Coalition forces are threatening on all of her borders. You have to defend France - beat back all invasions and hold Paris at all costs to win this scenario.

Prussia, just as Russia is out for revenge and they have just one goal - entering Paris as victors and finally bringing France to its knees.

Austria is pushing towards your Capital and is threatening your Italian borders at the same time.

Great Britain together with Spanish and Portuguese troops is ready to cross the Pyrenees and invade the south of France.

Coalition:

The year is 1814. Russia is allied with Prussia and part of a Coalition. All of your Coalition forces are ready to invade France and finally defeat Napoleon. Your goal is break France dominance once and for all - take Paris by all means necessary.

Prussia is a close and determined ally and ready to march on Paris.

Austria is on route to central France and Paris and will try to put pressure on French forces through Italy.

Great Britain’s Anglo-Spanish forces are ready to cross the Pyrenees and invade the South of France.

Victory Conditions:

Toulouse 1VP
Lyon 1VP
Paris 3VP
Metz 1VP

1815 The Waterloo Campaign [4 Turns]

France:

The year is 1815. Great Britain is allied with Prussia and is part of a Coalition, so You will have to defeat the British and Prussian forces. Try to prevent a merger of their forces as you will have a better chance defeating them separately. Take Brussels, Antwerp and Liege to win this scenario.

Prussian forces are closest to your border, engage them and defeat them as soon as possible, then pursue vigorously so they cannot merge with and aide their British allies.

Coalition:

The year is 1815. Great Britain and Prussia are part of a Coalition, try and work together with Prussia to withstand the French invasion of The Netherlands. Defend Brussels and Antwerp and defeat French forces to win the scenario.

Prussia will feel the full blunt of the sudden French attack. Try and protect your vital supply route from Prussia at Liege, at the same time assisting your British ally to defeat the French forces together.

Victory Conditions:

Antwerp 1VP
Liege 1VP
Brussels 2VP
Moscow 3VP

< Message edited by McGlu -- 10/2/2008 2:37:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario List with Briefings - 10/2/2008 12:39:04 AM   
carnifex

quote:

1808-1812 The Peninsular War [19 Turns]

How is the Peninsular Campaign only 19 turns?

(in reply to McGlu)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario List with Briefings - 10/2/2008 2:37:30 AM   
McGlu

I just entered what the in-game text said.

Looks like they update the scenario without editing the title. From Johan at Firepower...

quote:

Noticed
1808-1812 The Peninsular War [19 Turns]

Should be 1808-1809 since we have shortened down that scenario so I will update the scripts eventually.

I've updated my post.

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario List with Briefings - 10/2/2008 2:57:45 PM   
jimi3

Thanks McGlu. Now you've got me interested in this one !!!
Jim

(in reply to McGlu)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario List with Briefings - 10/5/2008 5:20:38 AM   
Adam Parker

quote:

ORIGINAL: McGlu

I posted this over on the Slitherine forums and thought folks here might like this info as well. Here's a list of all the scenarios and their associated briefings...

Alright! Had Slitherine/Lordz/Matrix published this information at ANY time before release (or even after) I'd have been VERY INFORMED and VERY INTERESTED in this title.

McGlu - you have done this motley group of designers/developers/publishers a great service with this post.

I am going to buy right now - with full knowledge of the following - again, thanks to my fellow posters alone:

1. The game's AI is broken and has promised to be fixed by the developers.
2. The game's screen resolution may give me issues because it is fixed at yesteryear standards.

Otherwise, I love the look of the map, I love the promise of easy to learn-hard to master simplicity (if indeed inspired by Panzer General), I love the setting and I love these scenario briefings/selections (given some minor issues with grammar).

Slitherine/Lordz/Matrix - make good with your promise.

< Message edited by Adam Parker -- 10/5/2008 5:43:32 AM >

(in reply to McGlu)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario List with Briefings - 10/7/2008 10:04:55 PM   
McGlu

Glad I could help you make your decision. :) So far, I'm really having a good time with this game. The shorter scenarios really keep me coming back to play again and again. I like the puzzle-like feel that they have.

I have no major gripes with the AI, but I'm not much of an expert at this yet. Though, I have seen situations in the short scenarios where the AI could have easily bypassed my forces and attacked a VP city, but instead attacked other units that were closer. Perhaps the AI could put more priority on VP cities.

Some of the comments that I have read about the scale I think are being a little critical. I see this as an abstracted game, more the lines of a board game than an actual war simulator.

Looking forward to any future improvements that make it into the game.

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Scenario List with Briefings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI