Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mega Campaign vs. Campaign ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Mega Campaign vs. Campaign ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mega Campaign vs. Campaign ? - 4/14/2002 10:46:42 AM   
Adamo

How do the MegaCampaigns differ from 'Campaign' mode in SP:WAW? adamo
Post #: 1
- 4/14/2002 11:53:14 AM   
chief

Adamo: Mega Campaigns are available only from Matrix and are loaded into your game, they come with a core force supplied by the authors. Basically speaking this is the major difference. If your not playing the Mega Camps your missing 75% of the fun in this game, in my opinion. Also by purchasing these Mega Camps you are supporting Matrix who gave you a free pass on this game.:) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 2
- 4/14/2002 3:01:49 PM   
ZoomBoy27

I know little of the regular Campaigns but with the MC there is a role-playing aspect that leads you through-out the game. There's also the documents and maps - excellent
And the Choices are quite dynamic.

ZoomBoy

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 3
- 4/15/2002 11:40:40 PM   
Phil

[B]If your not playing the Mega Camps your missing 75% of the fun in this game, in my opinion. [/B]

This cannot be stressed enough. At first glance the inability to choose your core force and the lack of upgrading may seem less than ideal. But what you have is a much more historical representation of what was available at the time.
Instead of a series of generated battles, you are given specific situations with options of what kind of support you'd like, or just going on to another battle all together.
If you enjoy SPWAW you do yourself a great favor by getting the Mega Campaign.

Phil

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 4
mega campaigns - 4/18/2002 1:37:35 AM   
ravensclaw

what with me being a newbie and all is there a megacampaign that is best suited to begin with

[IMG]http://www.thoraa.net/pics/breasteagle.jpg[/IMG]
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 5
Re: mega campaigns - 4/18/2002 2:26:03 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ravensclaw
[B]what with me being a newbie and all is there a megacampaign that is best suited to begin with [/B][/QUOTE]

Ravensclaw:

I've played SPWaW for a long time but I've only just played about 8 scenarios from Lost Victories and I have not played Watchtower or Desert Fox at all (yet). Given that, I would suggest you start with Desert Fox. DF seems to be a bit more straight forward for a newbie.

In Lost Victories you are often faced with those KV tanks and T-34s with nothing capable of penetrating their armour. Not recommended for the faint of heart!

In Watchtower, you are dealing with Japanese in the jungle. Very close quarters, and not much room for movement errors.

Those are my thoughts. I'm sure others will disagree.

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 6
- 4/18/2002 2:32:21 AM   
ravensclaw

thanks for the tip rbrunsman

i got to admit that i have tried facing the japs and found them to be very tenatious little devils who swamp you with wave upon wave of infantry which even massed fire from multiple mg's found hard to stop:)

[IMG]http://www.thoraa.net/pics/breasteagle.jpg[/IMG]
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 7
- 4/18/2002 2:54:08 AM   
Mojo

[B]thanks for the tip rbrunsman

i got to admit that i have tried facing the japs and found them to be very tenatious little devils who swamp you with wave upon wave of infantry which even massed fire from multiple mg's found hard to stop:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Too true but you have the US Marines to fight them with. I went with Watchtower because I'm topographically challenged ie I can't look at these maps and get a good sense of LOS yet. That's a real disadvantage in the desert and the Eastern Front really doesn't interest me very much but I might buy MCLV eventually

If something's not working you might want to tunk it a dite.
Mojo's Mom

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 8
- 4/18/2002 3:51:21 AM   
WhiteRook

I think all of them are Great! I do not personaly have Desert Fox but I am going to have to get a copy. I have heard many say it is a good one to start with.
I am of course biased reguarding WT as I was able to help with that one and it is my area of personal choice. ;) ;)

That being said - get them all when you can! :D

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 9
Adamo - 4/18/2002 9:42:33 PM   
Gary Tatro

I think it depends on what you like to play. If you are a true infantry guy/girl you should probably go with Watchtower. If you like infantry battles with armor as support you will want to go with Lost Victory's. If you like tank battles with infantry support then go with Desert Fox.

All are very good and have a mixture of everything in them.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 10
Re: mega campaigns - 4/18/2002 11:26:13 PM   
TheZel66

[B]what with me being a newbie and all is there a megacampaign that is best suited to begin with [/B][/QUOTE]

I would recommend Watchtower for the newcomer.. Its main focus is on infantry and artillery. Not much armor involved. Desert Fox is mainly armor, so you should go after this one next. Since LV is the largest of them all, and has a mixed infantry/armor/artillery, etc. I'd try this last.

I've played them all. Watchtower, I thought was the best, with the best scenerios. But all three are fabulous.. at $25 a pop, I'd get all three asap, before they run out of stock..

(in reply to Adamo)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Mega Campaign vs. Campaign ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI