Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with CHS?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Problem with CHS? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with CHS? - 10/10/2008 8:54:00 PM   
cyqq

A strange occurrence has just happened early in my first game with CHS - extended map, scenario 255, non-historical opening. 2 day turns. I'm the allies. The Combat Replay showed a daytime naval combat at Cagayan at the very end of the second day in the turn sequence. Boise and Marblehead were shown as part of the combat engagement and undamaged. The combat report generated on my computer shows this to be the case. However, when I loaded the turn that came from my opponent along with the replay, it shows that the Marblehead is sunk and that the Boise is heavily damaged. I then looked at the combat report sent by my opponent along with the replay and turn files. His Combat Report shows that Boise and Marblehead were damaged/sunk by carrier aircraft prior to the battle occuring, and that they didn't even take part in the naval battle in which I watched them perform so admirably. Summary: Combat replay and Combat Report generated therefrom on my computer don't even remotely match the Combat Report or the turn file sent from my opponent. What happened? Is this normal with the CHS game? I haven't ever experienced this discrepancy with stock. Not very happy!

cyqq
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with CHS? - 10/11/2008 2:26:30 AM   
Halsey

sounds like a pwhex file mismatch.

you need to see who has the most current one and match it.

it's in the main WITP folder.

check the date to see who has the newest version.

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with CHS? - 10/11/2008 4:19:36 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: cyqq

A strange occurrence has just happened early in my first game with CHS - extended map, scenario 255, non-historical opening. 2 day turns. I'm the allies. The Combat Replay showed a daytime naval combat at Cagayan at the very end of the second day in the turn sequence. Boise and Marblehead were shown as part of the combat engagement and undamaged. The combat report generated on my computer shows this to be the case. However, when I loaded the turn that came from my opponent along with the replay, it shows that the Marblehead is sunk and that the Boise is heavily damaged. I then looked at the combat report sent by my opponent along with the replay and turn files. His Combat Report shows that Boise and Marblehead were damaged/sunk by carrier aircraft prior to the battle occuring, and that they didn't even take part in the naval battle in which I watched them perform so admirably. Summary: Combat replay and Combat Report generated therefrom on my computer don't even remotely match the Combat Report or the turn file sent from my opponent. What happened? Is this normal with the CHS game? I haven't ever experienced this discrepancy with stock. Not very happy!

cyqq

Being on the road and so not able to do my normal work, i'll chime in this one time:

REPLAY/SYNC BUG is your problem... common occurence in both stock and CHS - has several causes (including PWHEX file mismatch), but the most COMMON one (in my experience) come from the Japanese player not rebooting before a turn.

See this for more details (from the PROBLEMS? READ ME FIRST! sticky):
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1686565

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with CHS? - 10/11/2008 3:29:35 PM   
Halsey

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Had enough rest yet?
Ready to tackle some more hardheaded behavior?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with CHS? - 10/13/2008 3:25:35 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halsey

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Had enough rest yet?
Ready to tackle some more hardheaded behavior?

Ah - not resting, trying to catch up on postponed work.... i should be caught up in a couple more months... i was at a meeting out of town so i couldn't do anything to catch up more, so i felt ok about being on the forum a bit.

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Problem with CHS? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI