Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question About Money

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Question About Money Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question About Money - 10/14/2008 11:54:49 PM   
Col Klink

I got kind of ambitious arming my units to try and keep in step with the northern troops and now I am coming out with a negative net income of cash (also labor while I'm at it). I don't have a problem with the fact that I overspent but I would like to know if anyone has an idea as to what the affect of a negative income is besides not being able to spend money.

In other words, I can't figure out what is going on because of the -$20 income, for example, that I got last turn. I actually had a -$90 at one time and I changed some city settings and, of course, it hurt my labor.

Anybody have any idea? Appreciate any input.
Post #: 1
RE: Question About Money - 10/15/2008 7:01:41 PM   
terje439

Every weapon has a upkeep, my guess is that you have bought alot of expensive weapons and that this is being the main reason for your loss of money, also are you spending alot on diplomacy?

My idea of a fix would be to change your weapons on quite few brigades and spend diplomacy on only one European power. I will usually have a mixture of Improved Springfields, Minies, Richmond Muskets and Enfields in my armies to keep upkeep within an acceptable range, and as to diplomacy I will only spend cash on France or England if things are really going downhill and Europe can declare war. But usually I find the diplomacy to be a huge monetary drain for the South. The Union can afford to spend just as much as the South and come out on top.

(in reply to Col Klink)
Post #: 2
RE: Question About Money - 10/15/2008 9:05:22 PM   
moose1999

Yes, the diplomacy spending is expensive for the South - but I also find that it can be worth it as the 'gifts' from Europe increases in value the better relations you have.
When Europe starts sending you gifts of 50 weapons or 50 iron you'll feel better about spending those dollars on diplomacy.

regards,

Briny

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Question About Money - 10/16/2008 9:02:24 AM   
haruntaiwan

I don't buy anything but muskets and try to get better stuff off routing Yankees (you get to keep some of what they drop when they retreat in detailed combat.) Later on, when I have more money, I will but some of the better rifles, but nothing too fancy (like an Enfield!) Also, they get more expensive if you buy too many.

One thing about Minies, is that they seem more powerful than their 150/100 number would give you.

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 4
RE: Question About Money - 10/16/2008 9:08:46 AM   
jkBluesman

What about supply? If you put too many containers on normal or high priority you will soon run out of money.

"War is the field of chance."
Carl von Clausewitz

(in reply to haruntaiwan)
Post #: 5
RE: Question About Money - 10/16/2008 12:57:44 PM   
moose1999

Yep, supply can be expensive - and if you're really desperate you can set all of your units to zero supply and free some funds that way.

regards,

Briny

(in reply to jkBluesman)
Post #: 6
RE: Question About Money - 10/17/2008 1:34:00 AM   
Col Klink

I sure do appreciate all the info.  I didn't realize that supply could drain so much money but all this started after I put the Army of Northern Virginia to high supply and another army in the west also.

What I was really wondering, though, is what the affect of negative income is on my country.  I mean, what goes on behind the scenes that I am not aware of when I don't bring in a positive cash flow.  There has got to be consequences but I haven't figured it out yet.

Once again, thanks for the responses because I have learned some things from you guys that I did not know.

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 7
RE: Question About Money - 10/17/2008 6:40:21 AM   
moose1999

Hehe, sorry, I haven't got first hand experience with negative cash-flow...
Never been there...

regards,

Briny

(in reply to Col Klink)
Post #: 8
RE: Question About Money - 10/17/2008 1:52:42 PM   
BodyBag

Well, if you can't pay for your forces supply, you will have mass-desertions on your hand (up to 20% of your armies) and their disposition will take a dive.

Cheers,

In politics, stupidity is not a handicap
Napoleon Bonaparte

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 9
RE: Question About Money - 10/17/2008 3:57:32 PM   
terje439

And of course the obvious - you will eventually have no cash left, and will not be able to build anything, produce anything, buy new guns etc.

(in reply to BodyBag)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Question About Money Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI