Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 - 11/1/2008 10:41:30 AM   
Lützow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston
I am tempted to ask how many games you have encountered that a) have better graphics than FO3 and b) weren't targeted at that awful 'mainstream crowd' ?

None of course, but for Fallout 3 I had been happy with hand drawn maps, 2D toons and old school gameplay as trade-off.

< Message edited by Lützow -- 11/1/2008 10:42:50 AM >

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 61
RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 - 11/1/2008 12:11:26 PM   
Perturabo

I'm still happy with Fallout graphics with high resolution paths.

quote:

GURPS game would have been worse, and it might even have been better, but to say the franchise 'died' is ludicrous.

GURPS have clearly shown purpose of Fallout - recreating the tabletop roleplaying experience on computer and gave it a strong backbone in form of a system that was tested and improved for over a decade.
The point of Fallout: A GURPS Post Nuclear Adventure was recreating GURPS on computer as faithfully as it's possible.
And it wasn't even intended to be "Fallout series". It was intended to be the first of many GURPS cRPGs set in different settings.

After it was released, the clarity of the purpose was lost. It was widely known just as a cRPG with an interesting but half-baked (but still the best I've seen in a cRPG) S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system.
It would be impossible to do the "Fallout was intended to be RT FPP but there wasn't technology." thing if it still was a cRPG that faithfully recreates GURPS on computer.

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 11/1/2008 12:19:00 PM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 62
RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 - 11/1/2008 1:06:07 PM   
Phatguy

The only reason Fallout is Fallout is SJG had a falling out with the programmers, got mad, and took thier toys home....

Btw, I'm happy. Always hated the GURPS name. It sounds like something I did after drinking a liter of pop and eating a bucket of sweet delicious suicide wings.....

< Message edited by apathetic lurker -- 11/1/2008 1:07:41 PM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 63
RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 - 11/1/2008 1:55:08 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow
I get occassional crashes for which I blame the copy protection since I got a freshly installed Vista system here.

Try directing your shortcut straight to the .exe and not the launcher; that seems to have solved my crash problems. It bypasses the CD check as well.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 64
RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 - 11/1/2008 2:26:51 PM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow
I get occassional crashes for which I blame the copy protection since I got a freshly installed Vista system here.

Try directing your shortcut straight to the .exe and not the launcher; that seems to have solved my crash problems. It bypasses the CD check as well.

Seems to work for a LOT of people

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 65
RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 - 11/7/2008 8:54:51 AM   
doomtrader

Still waiting for my collectors edition :(

Hoping it will be today as we have long weekend in Poland

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Only 12 days until Fallout3 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI