Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CPU Doesn't send players in motion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> CPU Doesn't send players in motion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 12:21:01 AM   
Hampe

I made a playbook with a bunch of plays that have players in motion before the snap. I'm pretty sure I set it up right, because when I test the plays if I push "2", the guy goes in motion like he's supposed to.

But when the CPU is controlling the team with that playbook it never sends the players in motion before the snap. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

< Message edited by Marauders -- 10/22/2008 6:26:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 1:46:19 AM   
garysorrell

I just checked using my 8 man playbook, it has motion on every play. It seemed to work fine.

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 2
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 4:48:46 AM   
Mykal

I use a fair amount of motion plays
the CPU has no problem using them either

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 3
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 4:52:21 AM   
dreamtheatervt

What's your playclock setting?  If there isn't enough time, the QB will snap it before motion starts.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 4
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 11:53:10 AM   
Hampe

I found the problem.....I had the guy in motion, but I forgot to add him to the motion list on the bottom left. 

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 5
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 1:22:46 PM   
Hampe

I think I see another mistake I made....

When you set up the motion, is the red dot the point after which the qb will snap the ball?  I had some motions where the red dot was directly behind the reciever and then he motioned across the formation.  When I was watching the game, on most of the motions (now that I've got it working), the qb would snap the ball before the WR had finished motioning (play clock is 45 sec.).  I had a few plays though where I put the red dot on the other side of the formation, and I remember seeing some plays where the qb waited for the motion to finish.  I'm guessing it's because of the red dot.....correct?

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 6
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 3:24:17 PM   
dreamtheatervt

No, the red point is a waypoint.  The player will end his motion where you put him, but he will motion to the red dot first.  It allows you to make reverse motion (cross the formation and go back across) or just change direction in the motion route.

< Message edited by dreamtheatervt -- 10/19/2008 10:41:31 PM >

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 7
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/19/2008 4:46:27 PM   
Hampe

Oh, alright then.....maybe I'll try adding 5 seconds to the playclock then.  Thanks.

Post #: 8
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/20/2008 9:10:43 AM   
Hampe

Hmm......I still seem to have the problem with the CPU QB snapping the ball too early.  It's sending the guys in motion now, but half the time it waits for them to get to their spot, and half the time it snaps snaps the ball while the WR is running behind the o-line.

I don't think it has to do with too little time, since I set the play clock to 45 seconds, and the times I thought to look it was snapping the ball too early with 14-15 seconds still on the play clock.

Anybody else have this problem or ideas how to fix it?

< Message edited by Hampe -- 10/20/2008 9:12:33 AM >

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 9
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/21/2008 8:23:33 AM   
Hampe

Nobody else out there with this problem?

I went over my plays again yesterday, and I can't determine anything different about some of the plays than the others.  I still haven't even been able to determine if it's the same plays that are always getting snapped too early, or if it's just random.

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 10
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/21/2008 8:31:21 PM   
Marauders

I could check this out when I go into the game.

I haven't seen a problem with it other than when the clock is running down.

How long are your motion routes?

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 11
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/21/2008 9:09:02 PM   
dreamtheatervt

The biggest motion problem I have is in the PDS.  When I load a play that has motion, the first time I snap it I can start the motion.  I can also start the motion if the previous play is a TD, an incomplete pass, or goes out of bounds.  If the previous play ends with a player being tackled in the field of play, the CPU snaps the ball as soon as all 11 offensive players reach their starting position, making it impossible to get motion started.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 12
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/21/2008 9:27:24 PM   
Hampe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

I could check this out when I go into the game.

I haven't seen a problem with it other than when the clock is running down.

How long are your motion routes?

Not long....my formations aren't very wide. The WRs are about 6-7 yards outsid (if that), and the motion is usually going from one side to a slot position on the other side (about 3 yards past the tackle).

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/21/2008 9:27:39 PM   
Hampe

quote:

ORIGINAL: dreamtheatervt

The biggest motion problem I have is in the PDS.  When I load a play that has motion, the first time I snap it I can start the motion.  I can also start the motion if the previous play is a TD, an incomplete pass, or goes out of bounds.  If the previous play ends with a player being tackled in the field of play, the CPU snaps the ball as soon as all 11 offensive players reach their starting position, making it impossible to get motion started.

I've seen that as well.

Post #: 14
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/22/2008 12:39:08 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Not long....my formations aren't very wide. The WRs are about 6-7 yards outsid (if that), and the motion is usually going from one side to a slot position on the other side (about 3 yards past the tackle).

Is this just in the PDS, or is it in games as well?

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 15
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/22/2008 8:24:28 AM   
Hampe

Well, in the PDS I'm the one controlling the motion and the snap, so no.....just in the games when the CPU is in control.

I'm trying to pin down if it always happens on the same plays or not. So far I haven't been able to though (the damn game seems to always decide not to show what play it was when I really need to see it).

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 16
RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/22/2008 6:25:46 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Well, in the PDS I'm the one controlling the motion and the snap, so no ... just in the games when the CPU is in control.

That makes sense.

I did some checking, and something similar was noted in testing. I don't know what the follow up was on it. Nevertheless, it still looks to be a problem for at least some plays.

Is this just on motion plays that cross the formation?

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 17
RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/22/2008 8:55:13 PM   
DAWUSS

My biggest problem is when a play is dependent on a motion. For example, if my HB starts out wide and he goes in motion into the backfield where he receives a direct snap, there's the occasional moment where the center performs the impossible snap, getting the ball 20 yards to his left or right, miraculously avoiding the guards and tackles.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 18
RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/22/2008 9:08:49 PM   
Marauders

If that's the case, there isn't much we can do about it now other than to cut down on long motion plays in playbooks run by the CPU.

I am sure we will see other cases where items like this have been found either by testers or the community that have not been addressed in the final build.  It would be nice if these type of things could be addressed from time to time, but the developer is the only one who may do so, and he isn't around to do it.

It is likely a good idea to look at what can be done in the game and accept that all computer games have limitations.

(in reply to DAWUSS)
Post #: 19
RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/22/2008 11:48:38 PM   
Hampe

Well that would kinda suck if there was nothing we could do about it. 

But it is weird....like I said, sometimes it works (even coming across the formation).  I went through all my plays with motion the other day to make sure they were all as similar as possible, but I still can't tell if it only happens on certain plays or not.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 20
RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/24/2008 5:24:40 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Well that would kinda suck if there was nothing we could do about it.

I agree.

quote:

But it is weird....like I said, sometimes it works (even coming across the formation).

It could have to do with other thing like old play code, speed of the machine, or something else.  The problem with this kind of thing is that if this was reported as an issue, and David could not reproduce it in game, he had nothing to go on for fixing it.  With so many things to do, he had to do the things that presented themselves more clearly or were urgent issue items first.   

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 21
RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion - 10/24/2008 8:19:18 AM   
Hampe

Ugh.....I watched two games yesterday trying to narrow this down a bit and didn't get anywhere.  The damn game keeps not showing the play called!  Argh!

It seems like it shows the name for every other play except the ones where the motion doesn't get completed.  It seems to happen less when the WR is going from left to right, but I know I've seen it work both ways.  It really shouldn't be this hard.....I've only got like 28 plays or something like that, and at least 10 of those are run plays.

I'll have some more time to look at it this weekend.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 22
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/25/2008 1:39:07 PM   
MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hampe

Hmm......I still seem to have the problem with the CPU QB snapping the ball too early. 

I've seen this for quite some time (since v1) with the Hitch Pass from the I Formation in the default Canadian playbook. The running/full back (don't remember which) is supposed to go in motion to the far right side. When the CPU calls the play, it doesn't let the back go more than a few steps in motion, so when he receives the ball he's usually still in front of a bunch of defenders, resulting in an immediate tackle.

A short disclaimer -- I haven't had much time to play with the latest update, so I don't know if anything has changed due to it.

(in reply to Hampe)
Post #: 23
RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion - 10/25/2008 1:45:09 PM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hampe

Hmm......I still seem to have the problem with the CPU QB snapping the ball too early. 

I've seen this for quite some time (since v1) with the Hitch Pass from the I Formation in the default Canadian playbook. The running/full back (don't remember which) is supposed to go in motion to the far right side. When the CPU calls the play, it doesn't let the back go more than a few steps in motion, so when he receives the ball he's usually still in front of a bunch of defenders, resulting in an immediate tackle.

A short disclaimer -- I haven't had much time to play with the latest update, so I don't know if anything has changed due to it.

running under Canadian Rules, thats probarbly a time issue
theirs usually not much time to get your play off
so if the clock is running down the QB will snap the ball regardless of wether the Fb has completed his motion or not

try altering the play clock, say to 25 instead of 20, see if it still happens.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> CPU Doesn't send players in motion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI