Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audiere.dll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audiere.dll Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audiere.dll - 10/25/2008 12:44:15 PM   
D King

I used to be able to play all 3 theatres in the campaign series until I loaded the 1.04 patch. It seemed to load without problem but now I always get the message unable to find audiere.dll when trying to run any of the 3 theatres. The message suggests reinstalling the game as a possible solution. I did a search and audiere.dll is in all three directories namely east,wet and rising sun. So I am a bit baffled what it means.

I did try uninstalling the game but that failed too. I am getting a message "Invalid unistall control file .......unistall.xml.

So I am at a bit of a loss what to do as none of the games now work nor can I uninstall them either. Has anyone else experienced this?
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audie... - 10/25/2008 1:16:42 PM   
cpdeyoung

Good morning,

Have you tried going to a game directory and clicking on the actual exe.  For example navigate to East Front and run East Front.exe, or EF.exe.  This just might get you gaming till the fix is discovered.

Chuck

(in reply to D King)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audie... - 10/25/2008 3:59:17 PM   
countblue

If the aforementioned hint doesnt get you going, I just removed once the whole dir of Matrix games.
A simple reinstall of the various games brought everything back and after I added my selective backup of my map and org collection plus savegames everything worked fine.

So it seems there is no downside of not removing it correctly.

CB

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audie... - 10/25/2008 9:51:40 PM   
D King

Thanks for the suggestion. If I get chance later today I will try and do reinstall this way and I will post the results.

(in reply to countblue)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audie... - 10/26/2008 5:10:50 PM   
Warhorse

Do you have your game installed in a directory other than the default?

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to D King)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audie... - 10/27/2008 1:01:49 PM   
D King

I have successfully deleted the game by just deleting the folder. Then reinstalled the initial installer and tested it. Game worked OK lus also the uninstall command. The installed the 1.04 patch and again tested. Both still worked so looks like successful in getting game going.

I did find 2 matrix games folders prior to deleting them.One was in the c: folder and the other was in the document settings/application data folder. I deleted both. The reinstallation process reinstalled the game in thedocument settings/application data folder. All my other matrix games bar larry Bond harpoon are also in the document settings/application data folder so this seems to be the prefered destination. The harpoon game though is also in the c:/matrixgames folder.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audie... - 10/27/2008 1:22:20 PM   
D King

I should add thanks for the advice and help in getting through this problem

(in reply to D King)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Problem with all 3 games and supposed missing audiere.dll Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI