Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

You will love this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> You will love this game Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
You will love this game - 4/20/2002 9:31:47 AM   
siRkid

If this game does not save turn based strategy games, nothing will. I highly recommend playing a few short scenarios to get the feel of the game then get a PBEM game going. I am playing Crocky from New Zealand right now and things are getting so tense that I leave my e-mail program on all the time just waiting for the chime to tell me I have another turn.

Right now we both have all our carriers out sparing with each other like boxers in a fighting ring.

Rick:D

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 1
more info - 4/20/2002 9:50:22 AM   
mogami

Hello Kid. tell us more. Who is Who? What scenario? etc etc

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 2
Re: more info - 4/20/2002 10:34:48 AM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B]Hello Kid. tell us more. Who is Who? What scenario? etc etc [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't give you a good AAR because I have not taken any notes, but here is a brief summary. By the way spies are everywhere so I will leave some things out.

I am US and Crocky is the Japs. We are playing the Decision in teh South Pacific 1 may 42 to 31 Dec 43 scenario.

My main effort early on was New Guinea. I quickly moved the 7th Aus Div to Gili Gili and started expanding the airfield and port. Meanwhile Crocky moved on Lunga. In this effort I lost one carrier and I think I damaged two of Crocky's.
With only one carrier I had to play cat and mouse until the others arrived from Pearl.

Let me warn all of you that Crocky is a master at mine warfare. Every time I turned around another ship was hitting a mine. He ringed Guadalcanal with them. So far I've lost 4 ships to mines and have had many more damaged.

While Crocky was solidifying his position on Lunga, I air lifted troops into Wau and marched them to Marilian and then Nadzab by the time the Japs realized Lae was my main objective I was outside the gates. My best move of the game or at least the one I'm most proud of is when I took some fast APDs and ran a small unit around the end and took Finschhcfen. I now have Lea completely cut off.

I made the mistake of trying the same tactic on Gasmata. My recon flights only showed a HQ unit. Well my unit is now stranded there and will be wiped out in a few turns. All my APD were damaged or sunk in the effort.

Last turn or so Crocky made a beautifully coordinated attack from three carrier groups. All I saw was red lines converging on my ships and men. I was luckly that my one carrier up in that area had been sent back to refuel or it would have been toast.

Crocky has Lunga so well defended it will coast me dearly to take it. Recon shows coastal batteries, AA, Eng and front line troops. And like I said before one hell of a lot of mines.

Last turn I got reports of the Kaga and the Kongo hitting my mines. One can only pray.

See map.

Attachment (1)

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 3
- 4/20/2002 10:49:22 AM   
Crocky

Right now I am sitting in front of my PC saying come on hurry up Rick wheres my turn....... UV is that addictive the last couple of days I have even snuck home to check and return turns :)

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 4
Thanks - 4/20/2002 11:32:59 AM   
mogami

Greetings, Thanks Kid I was very impressed with your conduct of opening operations in New Guinea (and then the Gasmata episode confused me, was that a raid or were you trying to occupy the base-thus placing Allied units in one of the few locations guaranteed to allow the Japanese an easy target. Of course I base this on the assumption the Japanese could land march from Rabaul to Gasmata. Also I do not believe Gilli Gilli requires such a large commitment if it subtracts from the force required to secure the Japanese bases to the North west.
Japan does not have enough to both defend Lunga and operate in New Guinea it has to be one or the other. (both have valid considerations I prefer the Lunga/Solomons direction for Japan sole for the reason the logistics in New Guinea favor the allies. In the Solomons the Japanese possess the supporting bases in the operational area. Lunga being the historical battle field attracts a lot of attention from players trying to improve upon the Japanese historical outcome. As the US I don't feel compelled to respond by making it the primary target. Early in the campaign New Guinea can be the active area while building up in the other.

Whatever Japan commits to New Guinea is lost to the Solomons.
If Japan builds Lunga while the US builds their bases to it's south east a stalemate situation develops that in the long term favors the allies. There is no call for hurry over here. If the Japanese allow their airgroups to diminish to no end. The US can choose another base as target. (Shortlands or Once NG secured the leap to Gasmata/Rabaul) and cut off the bases in the Solomons. Lunga achieves much of it's importance because the Allies focus their resources on it.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 5
- 4/20/2002 1:19:19 PM   
Snigbert

At midnight my fiance dragged me into bed complaining about how I'm addicted to UV.

It's now 2:15 am and I'm back in front of the computer. She didn't hear me sneak out of bed so I think I'm safe for a while. :)

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 6
LOL - 4/20/2002 1:25:46 PM   
mogami

Its a tough life:eek: You score points for dedication to duty.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 7
Re: Re: more info - 4/20/2002 1:46:25 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid
[B]

Let me warn all of you that Crocky is a master at mine warfare. [/B][/QUOTE]

So that now makes TWO that I am going to avoid playing......Mogami and Crocky:D ;) :p

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 8
Mines - 4/20/2002 2:17:54 PM   
mogami

Hi, expect the waters around any of my bases to be infested with mines except for the routes I intend to traverse with my forces.
The crews of any vessal able to lay mines will have really nasty names to call me since they will only see a port when they need to take on a fresh load. The mine is one of the cheapest methods of damaging the enemy. As such it will be used to it's fullest extent when ever and where ever can I safely use them.

Why would you not want a PBEM against a skillfull (still yet to be detirmined my actual skill) opponent over one that is easy to better?
What is proven by overcoming less then yourself. The brave player will be Japan in the historical campaign. I encourage everyone wanting a PBEM game to assign to me whatever side in whatever scenario they want. We will post AAR's and philosopical debates to establish the most workable approaches to each side in each scenario. Then thus armed fight new battles to study the results.

An AAR that read "Picked Japan May start versus AI, Whooped it's butt" would not be as interesting to me as the same versus human that went "Picked Japan May start versus human, after a long bloody exciting fight was forced to adopt a defense to preserve Rabaul"

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 9
- 4/20/2002 2:25:44 PM   
ratster

This just made me think of a question;

How big are the turn files for PBEM?

" If it be now, tis not to come: if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all"

Clan [GOAT]

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 10
- 4/20/2002 2:43:11 PM   
jrcar

Well I for one will be steping forward to offer Crocky some action, I owe it to him :D !

I really did try to get you into action in that last turn, honest!

Cheers

Rob

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 11
Re: Thanks - 4/20/2002 6:20:42 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogami
[B] 1. the Gasmata episode confused me, was that a raid or were you trying to occupy the base-thus placing Allied units in one of the few locations guaranteed to allow the Japanese an easy target.
2 Also I do not believe Gilli Gilli requires such a large commitment if it subtracts from the force required to secure the Japanese bases to the North west.

3. If Japan builds Lunga while the US builds their bases to it's south east a stalemate situation develops that in the long term favors the allies. There is no call for hurry over here. If the Japanese allow their airgroups to diminish to no end. The US can choose another base as target. (Shortlands or Once NG secured the leap to Gasmata/Rabaul) and cut off the bases in the Solomons. Lunga achieves much of it's importance because the Allies focus their resources on it. [/B][/QUOTE]

1. It was a target of opportunity. Recon showed light forces an I felt I could grab it and stop any construction going on there. Also, it would draw out the Jap navy if Crocky wanted it back. Crocky's ships would be in range of my New Guinea airfields. A third benefit was a diversion for my efforts at taking Lea. As it turned out I did not take the base the Jap's reaction was much stronger than I expected.

2. First, I was used to playing the computer and it almost always makes a grab for Gilli Gilli, Second, I planed from the very start to use it as a staging area for future amphib operations. Marching takes too long and air transport is limited. Crocky realy hampered my efforts by putting a mine field at the entrance early on. Any DMS I sent to clear it were under constant air attack.

3. I agree.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 12
- 4/20/2002 6:22:12 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ratster
[B]This just made me think of a question;

How big are the turn files for PBEM? [/B][/QUOTE]

They are 8 meg but zip down to about 245K.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 13
- 4/20/2002 8:07:13 PM   
Crocky

He certainly attracted my attention when he landed in Gasmata the situation started to get a bit out of hand in New Guinea.....and it 1am Sunday morning and Im still getting yelled at to come to bed :)

A couple of surface battle results from last turn the first when I tried to resupply my forces in GasmataNight Time Surface Combat, near Gasmata at 17,32

Japanese Ships
CL Jintsu, Shell hits 10, on fire, heavy damage
DD Takanami
DD Nenohi
DD Yugure
DD Uranami
DD Sazanami, Shell hits 10, on fire, heavy damage
APD 2

Allied Ships
CA Vincennes, Shell hits 1
CA Canberra
CL Leander, Shell hits 1
DD Helm
DD Mugford
DD Henley

and the next day when a TF of mine raided Gilli Gilli we are playing 2 day turns

ight Time Surface Combat, near Gili Gili at 17,42

Japanese Ships
CA Tone
CA Takao, Shell hits 1
CA Atago
DD Kuroshio
DD Hayashio
DD Maikaze
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
CL Leander, Shell hits 5, on fire, heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Gili Gili at 17,42

Japanese Ships
CA Tone, Shell hits 1
CA Takao, Shell hits 1
CA Atago, Shell hits 1
DD Kuroshio, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Hayashio, Shell hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Maikaze
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
CA Vincennes, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CA Canberra, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Helm
DD Mugford
DD Henley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Gili Gili at 17,42

Japanese Ships
CA Tone
CA Takao
CA Atago
DD Kuroshio, on fire
DD Hayashio, on fire, heavy damage
DD Maikaze
DD Akebono

Allied Ships
AO Brazos, Shell hits 21, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 14
- 4/21/2002 1:59:37 AM   
siRkid

Crocky was too modest to mention that he also sunk the Yorktown.:mad:

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 15
- 4/21/2002 4:58:25 AM   
Crocky

I was a bit lucky with the Yorktown my carrier TF was about to head back to Rabual so I gave it orders to dtour into the Coral Sea in the hope of causing some havoc amongst his transports heading for Gilli Gilli and stumbled across the yorktown
The USN attacked first causing damage to the Hiryu

Air attack on TF at 29,46

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 30

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 8
SBD Dauntless x 20

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 2 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3 Wildcat x 4 destroyed
F4F-3 Wildcat x 3 damaged
SBD Dauntless x 7 destroyed
SBD Dauntless x 16 damaged

PO2 R.Doikawa of AI-1 Daitai is credited with kill number 2

LCDR N.Keene of VF-42 bails out and is RESCUED

Japanese Ships
CV Hiryu, Bomb hits 3, on fire
BB Kirishima

but my retalitory strikes

Air attack on TF at 28,53

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 10
D3A Val x 18
B5N Kate x 24

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 2 destroyed
D3A Val x 3 damaged
B5N Kate x 2 destroyed
B5N Kate x 16 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3 Wildcat x 1 damaged

Allied Ships
CV Yorktown, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire
DD Morris

Air attack on TF at 28,53

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 5
D3A Val x 18
B5N Kate x 21

Allied aircraft
F4F-3 Wildcat x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 1 destroyed
D3A Val x 4 damaged
B5N Kate x 2 destroyed
B5N Kate x 5 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-3 Wildcat x 1 destroyed

LTJG I.Barnes of VF-42 is credited with kill number 2

Allied Ships
CV Yorktown, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
CA Chester

A total of 4 torpedo and 3 bomb hits reduce Yorktown to a disaster area but she still took 2 days to sink ...US carriers are tough

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 16
- 4/21/2002 6:18:52 AM   
Nomad

Thanks for the warning Mogami. I'll keep my minesweepers busy clearing your mine fields.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 17
Re: Re: Re: more info - 4/21/2002 12:25:59 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]

So that now makes TWO that I am going to avoid playing......Mogami and Crocky:D ;) :p [/B][/QUOTE]

[U]I AM JOKING ![/U]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 18
News FLASH Lae Captured! - 4/21/2002 7:17:53 PM   
siRkid

Lae has fallen! Light losses to ground forces but the cost to the navy was high. See picture for details.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 19
- 4/21/2002 9:46:40 PM   
HMSWarspite

9 ground troops lost? In a division sized combat?
What came over the Japs? I hope the game doesn't do that too often!

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 20
- 4/21/2002 11:26:09 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HMSWarspite
[B]9 ground troops lost? In a division sized combat?
What came over the Japs? I hope the game doesn't do that too often! [/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen this happen once before and I have reported it. However, I do not know the condition the Japs were in. Two of my units were fatigued and disrupted from the long march but I had landed a fresh unit for the assault. My men were in supply and I had been bombing the Japs for weeks prior to my assault. Still for a WWII engagement I should have lost more than 9 men.

Rick

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 21
- 4/23/2002 10:31:43 AM   
Crocky

Ok enough is enough Ground forces attack at Gasmata disposing of the impudent thrust toward Rabual. Carriers sortie into the area around Lae and bombardment TFs head toward Lae and Finschafen ....The carrier bear immediate fruit a fast Transport group presumably headin g toward Lae is found and disposed of...2 DD & 3 APDs gone this is immediate revenge for the loss of my roops in Lae......

Lae is bombarded from sea and seems to sufer serious damage to its Level 4 airfield

The cruiser Canberra and its destroyers escourts make a valiant attempt to engage my carrier TF in a surface action by my wise Admiral manages to side step the blow and the Canberra and a destroyer are sunk the next morning.

Invasion Tf is aproaching and begins landing at Finshafen light opposition so far I think I may have caught him by surprise.

So far most of my fleet is intact but the Allies have lost Lexington and Yorktown to the light carrier Shoho. I wont say to much more about damage etc because my estemed opponent may be listening but ......he should already know about the Hiryu :( she took 3 x 1000 pdrs in the action against the Yorktown and was dispatched back to Truk...unfortunately damaged as she was she couldnt avoid a spread of torpedoes from a US sub just of Truk and took 2 hits ....I think the old girls in for a lengthy dry dock spell just dispatched to Japan for repairs...250 days before she is availible again...there you go Rick some intelligence for you

;)

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 22
- 4/23/2002 5:39:08 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crocky
[B]Invasion Tf is aproaching and begins landing at Finshafen light opposition so far I think I may have caught him by surprise.

So far most of my fleet is intact but the Allies have lost Lexington and Yorktown to the light carrier Shoho. I wont say to much more about damage etc because my estemed opponent may be listening but ......he should already know about the Hiryu :( she took 3 x 1000 pdrs in the action against the Yorktown and was dispatched back to Truk...unfortunately damaged as she was she couldnt avoid a spread of torpedoes from a US sub just of Truk and took 2 hits ....I think the old girls in for a lengthy dry dock spell just dispatched to Japan for repairs...250 days before she is availible again...there you go Rick some intelligence for you

;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I was caught sleeping off my victory celebration. Thanks for the intel I saw my sub fire but no hits were reported.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 23
- 4/23/2002 5:44:04 PM   
Crocky

Really now you wouldnt be kidding me would ...well I suppose the sub went deep to avoid the depth charges thrown at it by the glorious Imperial Navy :)

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 24
NEWS FLASH Major Action in the Sout Pacific - 4/23/2002 11:11:10 PM   
siRkid

Japs re-take Finschafen in a well planed counterattack.
Allied forces run down and wipe out the remnants of the Lae garrison (500+) and capture Hopei.
Jap bombardment fleets devastate Lae and Buna during the night. High loses of men, planes and materials.

The invasion of Guadalcanal is underway. Several large convoys, lead by mine sweepers, are approaching the Island . One TF was mauled by a Jap carrier group but is pressing on to the objective.

US carrier TF sweeps into the area after a prolonged absent and scores several his on some CAs. We have lost radio contact with the carrier group but unconfirmed reports say that the Akagi has been sunk. This is a major moral booster to allied forces. :D

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 25
- 4/24/2002 3:26:57 AM   
Crocky

Oops spoke to soon .....Akagi sortied into the Coral Sea found and disposed of several AOs (you must be running short of those by now Rick)....while returning discovered several TFs steaming for Guadalcanel she immediately turned to intercept unfortunately 3-4 waves of carrier based planes found her and caused some damage....:(

Unfortunately my recon did not spot the Allied TFs heading towards Guadalcanel so its all hands on deck hunker down you boys in Lunga theres a storm heading your way.

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 26
- 4/24/2002 4:19:25 AM   
Admiral Scott

Now that you guys have been playing the game a while, do you feel both sides have an equal chance at winning? Or does one side have the advantage?

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 27
- 4/24/2002 4:56:32 AM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admiral Scott
[B]Now that you guys have been playing the game a while, do you feel both sides have an equal chance at winning? Or does one side have the advantage? [/B][/QUOTE]

I purposefully have not played as the Japs in any of the games I've played because I do not want to know too much. As the Allies, I can tell you that I never have felt that the game was in the bag. Today, as I watched my AOs get pounded, I was shouting so loud my kid came to check on me. The game we are playing is not historical. Midway never happened so the Japs have those 4 carriers. It evens thing out quite a bit. I also have to mentions (Crocky turn you head) supplies and base, airfield and port sizes are critical. I overextended myself in New Guinea and my advance has come to a grinding halt. In fact I have lost ground. I had to quickly move the 7th Division out of Gilli Gilli because they were consuming the supplies faster than I could get them there. Crocky played no small part in this.

The one big advantage I have is numbers. I am losing about 2.3:1 and I am not too concerned. I take a lot of chances because of this. I would suspect that the Japs have to be a little more cautious.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 28
- 4/24/2002 10:36:10 AM   
siRkid

Major engagement at Guadalcanal. US Navy force way through minefields. Several ships damaged or sunk. Army troops pouring ashore. Marine Raiders land at Tulagi. Surface combat at Lunga. Five Jap carriers reported in the area. Waves of carrier based aircraft maul allied armada. Eleven ships reported sunk many more damaged. Jap airfield pounded to dust. Will the carriers duke it out tomorrow? Will the marines take Tulagi? Will the rest of the men and supplies make it ashore?

Most action in any one turn so far.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 07/20/42

Sub attack near Tenmarou at 53,54

Japanese Ships
SS I-2

Allied Ships
SC 646, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Air attack on TF at 34,36

Japanese aircraft
A6M2-N Rufe x 2

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 17
SBD Dauntless x 40

Allied aircraft losses
SBD Dauntless x 1 destroyed
SBD Dauntless x 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Bomb hits 2, on fire
CL Tatsuta
DD Makinami
PC Ch 11

Air attack on TF at 34,36

Japanese aircraft
A6M2-N Rufe x 1

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 11
SBD Dauntless x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2-N Rufe x 1 destroyed

LTJG R.Shannon of VF-6 is credited with kill number 2

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Bomb hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
PC Ch 17, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CL Tatsuta

Air attack on TF, near Taivu at 39,40

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 21

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 2 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Fomalhaut, Bomb hits 1
AK Mercury, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD Gridley
DD McCall, Bomb hits 1
MSW Wollongong, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage

Air attack on TF, near Finschhafen at 11,33

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 34

Allied aircraft
P-40E Kittyhawk x 7
B-25D Mitchell x 7

Allied aircraft losses
B-25D Mitchell x 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CL Sendai
ML Takashima

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x B-25D Mitchell at 5000 feet
4 x B-25D Mitchell at 5000 feet

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty x 1 destroyed
G4M1 Betty x 7 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Perkins, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Wilkes, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Attacking Level Bombers:
4 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet
3 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet
1 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 24

Japanese aircraft losses
G4M1 Betty x 12 damaged

Allied Ships
AK Mercury, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
DD Gridley
AK Fomalhaut, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet
1 x G4M1 Betty at 200 feet

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 17

Allied Ships
AK Rhesus
AK Barwon, Bomb hits 1, on fire
AK Adelong, Bomb hits 2, on fire
MSW Lismore
AK Alchiba

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 10

Sub attack near Port Moresby at 10,40

Japanese Ships
SS I-159

Allied Ships
AP George F. Elliot, Torpedo hits 1, on fire

Ground combat at Finschhafen

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 6531 troops, 81 guns, 0 vehicles

Defending force 1683 troops, 24 guns, 0 vehicles

Japanese assault odds: 8 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 34

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 139

Naval bombardment of Lunga, at 38,40

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 3 destroyed
A6M2 Zero x 8 damaged
D3A Val x 4 destroyed
D3A Val x 7 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Stockton, Shell hits 1

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 61

Airbase hits 22
Airbase supply hits 7
Runway hits 118

Air attack on Lunga , at 38,40

Japanese aircraft

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 42

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 1 destroyed
A6M2-N Rufe x 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress x 1 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 24

Airbase hits 1
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 14

Attacking Level Bombers:
3 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 20000 feet

Japanese aircraft
B5N Kate x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N Kate x 2 destroyed
B5N Kate x 7 damaged

Allied Ships
AP Largs Bay
AP Harris
MSW Ballarat, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 16
D3A Val x 22
B5N Kate x 18

Allied Ships
AK Adhara, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
AK Neleus, Bomb hits 2, on fire, heavy damage

Allied ground losses:
Men lost 46

Air attack on TF, near Lunga at 38,40

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 8

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 33
SBD Dauntless x 9
TBD Devastator x 14

Allied aircraft losses
F4F-4 Wildcat x 1 destroyed
F4F-4 Wildcat x 1 damaged
TBD Devastator x 4 damaged

Japanese Ships
DD Kazegumo, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AP Nana Maru, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
MSW W20, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Japanese aircraft
D3A Val x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 2 damaged

Allied Ships
AO Neosho, Bomb hits 1
SC 517, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
AO Tallulah, Bomb hits 1

Air attack on TF, near Lunga at 38,40

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 18
D3A Val x 19
B5N Kate x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 2 destroyed
D3A Val x 4 damaged
B5N Kate x 3 destroyed
B5N Kate x 14 damaged

Allied Ships
CA Salt Lake City
DD Monssen
CA Indianapolis, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
DD Morris
CA Northampton, Bomb hits 1
CA San Francisco, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD Blue

Day Time Surface Combat, near Lunga at 38,40

Japanese Ships
DD Kazegumo, on fire, heavy damage
MSW W20, Shell hits 2, and is sunk
AP Nana Maru, Shell hits 18, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
CA Indianapolis, on fire
CA Northampton, on fire
CA Salt Lake City
CA San Francisco, on fire
CL St. Louis
DD Monssen
DD Stockton
DD Hammann
DD Morris
DD Blue
DD Preston
DD Phelps
DD Farragut
DD MacDonough

Naval bombardment of Lunga, at 38,40

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A Val x 1 destroyed
D3A Val x 10 damaged
A6M2 Zero x 1 destroyed
A6M2 Zero x 1 damaged

Allied Ships
DD Phelps, Shell hits 2

Japanese ground losses:
Men lost 261

Airbase hits 11
Airbase supply hits 3
Runway hits 184

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 29
- 4/24/2002 10:50:44 AM   
Crocky

**** this ......Im sitting at work reading this and its still another 2 hours before I get home to run the next turn ...what did you only count 5 carriers Rick..... OK my 5 vs your 3 should be interesting :)

great turn plenty of action now if I can get my cruisers in amongst the invasion fleet I could do some damage.

Minesweepers lead the Allied invasion fleet clearing mines but they missed some at least 2 DDs and 3 transports hit mines doing some damage.....luckily my carriers obeyed instructions and didnt go chasing the enemy carriers this time but next turn now that most of the transports are empty it may be a different story

The idea being stand off and sink his AKs & APs full of ground units and supplies

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> You will love this game Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI