Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can we rotate map please...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Can we rotate map please... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can we rotate map please... - 11/14/2008 4:15:08 PM   
abulbulian

This may sound trival, but the orientation of the map is driving me nuts. Guess I'm just a North/South kind of guy .
Not sure I can get use to this. I don't suppose there is a way to make it look like the world maps you grow up seeing all around you in school? Or in almost every book, or on almost every tv program. But I'm sure AGEod had a good reason for messing with my mind and turning the map on it's side... they're just trying to drive me crazy like my girlfriend...conspiracy?
Post #: 1
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/14/2008 4:20:30 PM   
elmo3

It's not trivial.  Dumb, really dumb, but not trivial.  Don't expect a fix though.  It's been discussed over in the AGEOD forums and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be changed.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 2
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/14/2008 6:09:52 PM   
abulbulian

That just sucks. I was trying to hide my frustration before, but it really makes no sense to have the map on it's side. It's only in browser clients where people get frustrated by horizontle scrolling. In a game app, it should be as logical as can be North (UP) and South(down).

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/14/2008 6:54:08 PM   
elmo3

I agree and my answer is certainly not official so it might be worth posting about it at AGEOD too.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 4
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/14/2008 10:07:50 PM   
sol_invictus

The Devs mentioned that they may change the map orientation in a patch, but I think they have their hands full at the moment. I really hope they do get around to changing it. Every time I look at the map; which looks very nice imo; my head slowly starts to turn sideways.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 5
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/15/2008 10:59:52 AM   
Prospero

I also find it really stupid to play with the WWI-mapstyle. Why the heck did they come up with this idea. "Oh, well, we want to try something different... umm... ok... let's rotate the map 45 degrees counterclockwise!!!" *big applause in the AGEOD dev studio*

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 6
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/15/2008 11:20:02 AM   
Krasny

It's crazy having the map the way it is.

(in reply to Prospero)
Post #: 7
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/16/2008 12:50:26 PM   
Stwa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

The Devs mentioned that they may change the map orientation in a patch, but I think they have their hands full at the moment. I really hope they do get around to changing it. Every time I look at the map; which looks very nice imo; my head slowly starts to turn sideways.

Actually, whats occuring here is, when you play the game, your head remains level, but your brain starts to lean to the left.

Once your brain has rotated as far as it can go, the developers tell you they can fix all that artwork and programming in a patch.

Then your brain begins to slowly rotate back to an upright position, and once level, you return to the game where the process repeats itself.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 8
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/22/2008 2:56:00 PM   
Balthazar Gerards

I just can't get used to it. Total loss of direction. It's like you want to kiss your girlfriend on the mouth but your lips keep kissing her butt. (okay wrong example, that's something I actually enjoy doing)

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 9
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/23/2008 11:58:44 AM   
Krasny

Please oh please give us the option of having a sane map orientation.

(in reply to Balthazar Gerards)
Post #: 10
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/23/2008 12:38:17 PM   
elmo3

It's on their list but not top priority. In the meantime just hope they don't send you to the Eastern (uhh I mean Northern) Front!

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 11
RE: Can we rotate map please... - 11/23/2008 3:20:54 PM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

It's on their list but not top priority. In the meantime just hope they don't send you to the Eastern (uhh I mean Northern) Front!

lmao!!

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Can we rotate map please... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI