Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Win NT problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Win NT problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Win NT problems - 10/10/2000 8:26:00 PM   
adantas

hi folks! I'm running the game under Win NT 4.0 and I don't have problems to play the scenarios but ever I try to play a campaign, the game freeze and I need to restart my PC. what can I do to fix this problem?

Post #: 1
- 10/10/2000 8:34:00 PM   
Schrullenhaft

Paul Vebber claimed that he runs on NT 4.0 with SPWAW. Only in solitaire mode (human vs. AI) since the PBEM has problems (under NT). I'm wondering if campaigns also have problems under NT 4.0. One of the major problems here is that SPWAW requires DirectX 6.1 or greater. Win NT 4.0 only supports DirectX 3.0 (with SP3 or greater). However this may not be the case with your problem. There is a problem with picking units in a campaign and lockups trying to delete a previously picked unit. If this is what you're running into, then other people are having this problem. Otherwise you may have to play on a different OS (Win 9x/2K/ME) to avoid some of the problems. [This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited October 10, 2000).]

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 2
- 10/11/2000 3:18:00 PM   
Miku

I think the most annoying bug w/ NT4 is that if you click the mission-button, the whole game freezes. Makes buying support units difficult, when you don't know if you are attacking or defending ... Anyway reserving button for that is a little overkill anyway, it should be replaced with few lines of text in the screen itself. Or by fixing the bug, of course ... Otherwise NT works fine in solitaire ... Mika

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 3
- 10/12/2000 3:03:00 AM   
Billy Yank

Paul Vebber said that they couldn't guarantee performance on NT 4.0 because the DirectX version is too low. It seems to vary from machine to machine, probably depending on the Video/Sound cards present. I've given up playing at work (only during lunchtime, of course ) until we get Win2000. ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 4
- 10/12/2000 4:57:00 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

I agree with Miku, the only problem I have with running it on an NT box is the 'mission' box issue Everything else seems to work just fine ! Bit of a shame this is the only showstopper for NT... Anthony

(in reply to adantas)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Win NT problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI