Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario 15 question from a new player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Scenario 15 question from a new player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario 15 question from a new player - 12/9/2008 8:21:30 AM   
Sendai

Hi

Just purchased WITP and getting into playing.

Being a glutton for punishment I am playing the full campaign (scenario 15).

I was looking over the scenrio editor yesterday and the section on AI modules for scenarios. I find that the standard Scenrio 15 has AI set to OFF. How does the AI work in this situation (if at all).

I thought it was strange when the AI allowed a large British fleet at Singapore to stay in harbour and be scuttled when the Japs were assaulting it from the Malay peninsula rather than trying to escape to sea. Don't know if this is related to my AI question though.

Any advice on how the AI works greatly appreciated.

Enjoying the game overall especially the true 'fog of war' it provides over many other strategic games I have played.

Cheers

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario 15 question from a new player - 12/9/2008 11:23:37 AM   
n01487477

Maybe best to ask in the scenario design section of the forum ... ppl there will know more about this kind of thing. Keep plugging away, most of us spent some time V the AI before graduating to a human opponent. The AI is really not all that good in a game of this scope, but then to have the AI be efficient, we might still be waiting for WITP and a supercomputer to run it.

Good luck

(in reply to Sendai)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario 15 question from a new player - 12/9/2008 3:04:59 PM   
Dutch_slith

The AI was developed for the great campaign. In the smaller scenarios the AI modules are used. The AI has its limitations, but it works - at least if you follow the historical path -

If a base is captured, all enemy vessels are scuttled. Maybe they didn't took to sea because of damage...

(in reply to Sendai)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario 15 question from a new player - 12/9/2008 8:13:27 PM   
Sendai

Thanks for the advice Harald - so the AI operates over the full map unless you specify a module in the scenario setup - that makes sense

(in reply to Dutch_slith)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Scenario 15 question from a new player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI