Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] - 12/22/2008 4:02:46 PM   
ferguson01

I'm noticing problems (medium difficulty, with patch) when fighting those hyper-armored mercenaries
They don't fight back!
I don't know if it is because they are overloaded, blind, or because they are sad to be fighting me :-)
But, they are like turtles on their backs. One of my mercs has layed there for 2 turns with a mad turtle standing right above him without being attacked. Little things like that happen quite often. It is difficult to get hurt from these guys.

These post betrayal fights are a slaughter. I feel bad for these poor sad enemies. Plus I seem to be crashing quite a bit more. Maybe it is the increased number of actors on a map, but I'm maybe making it through only 50% of the maps crash-free.
Post #: 1
RE: post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] - 12/22/2008 4:41:59 PM   
JohnRamboPT

Yep it is crashing a lot, try to lower your game resolution and graphic options

i was having a lot of crashes, tuned down the graphics to the default game options, and was playing ok, until yesterday that i got a crash on turn º3 on the dictator's palace, and this crashes freezes the entire pc, making me having to restart the pc :( damn bugs

But i love the game :)

(in reply to ferguson01)
Post #: 2
RE: post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] - 12/22/2008 6:28:45 PM   
SeanD

Hey guys, can you please send me your DMP files by email. (I've PMed you my email). Also ferguson, do you have any saved games you could send me that exemplify this problem? We could be much better suited to solve the situation if we could get a saved game or two.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to ferguson01)
Post #: 3
RE: post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] - 12/24/2008 3:27:01 PM   
Hard Sarge

I wonder if the combat part is morale ?

if you get the jump on them and do some good damage, they tend to want to break off

if you hide and let them get closer, they tend to get nasty

I have not totally seen them just stand around being targets, but have seen them get "confused" when they get hit HARD

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 4
RE: post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] - 12/24/2008 6:51:24 PM   
ferguson01

Have you seen what the auto-mercs (the ones you pay to guard an area) are wearing?
The helmets that lower vision
The Assault Vests
The heaviest Pants

I know that none of my mercs could wear all of that stuff without being over 115% encumbrance.
I don't know if NPCs actually follow the same weight rules as players (probably not). But I'm surprised
they aren't falling down from exhaustion all the time!

But once you betray, and starting fighting these guys, they do seem pretty lame.
They have a hard time finding you, and when they do they take several turns to take action.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] - 12/24/2008 6:58:42 PM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: ferguson01

Have you seen what the auto-mercs (the ones you pay to guard an area) are wearing?
The helmets that lower vision
The Assault Vests
The heaviest Pants

I know that none of my mercs could wear all of that stuff without being over 115% encumbrance.
I don't know if NPCs actually follow the same weight rules as players (probably not). But I'm surprised
they aren't falling down from exhaustion all the time!

But once you betray, and starting fighting these guys, they do seem pretty lame.
They have a hard time finding you, and when they do they take several turns to take action.

... I think you answered your own question ... Having all that "bling armor and headgear" makes them lame.

Perhaps a quick "test mod" to change their equipment (if possible) ... ie tone down the bling ... would help the situation.

Of course, toning them down might not help your cause when they're on your side .

Rob

(in reply to ferguson01)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> post betrayal battles [*mini-spoiler*] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI