Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Maximum Football 3.0?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: Maximum Football 3.0? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/2/2009 7:48:20 PM   
busman

quote:

It's been a long time, but just wanted to make a really quick post.

1. I've begun the developers blog on my main web page. Please see the Development Update on the Version 3.0 section of the main page (www.maximum-football.com). This is the first of what will probably be many updates over the next months.

Great news. I'm looking forward to following the progress of 3.0.

Semi-pro Football Headquarters
http://www.semiprofootball.org/

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 91
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/3/2009 2:42:46 PM   
albionmoonlight

When should we see a demo of version 3.0?  I think that a highly functioning demo will be the best way to start fresh with some of the folks who maybe were frustrated with the pace of development in version 2.

(in reply to busman)
Post #: 92
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/4/2009 3:01:20 PM   
Marauders

David is basically working on 3.0 alone.

I don't believe the pace for 3.0 will be quicker than it was for 2.0.

The only one who can give any information about what the future holds is David.

(in reply to albionmoonlight)
Post #: 93
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/4/2009 4:30:36 PM   
MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: albionmoonlight

When should we see ....

And so it begins.... anyone want to start a pool to bet on the date that elmerlee starts his weekly "is it done yet?" posts?

Post #: 94
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/4/2009 7:23:14 PM   
Tbird

I hope it stays in one package 

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 95
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/5/2009 1:06:44 AM   
Mykal

quote:

ORIGINAL: MjH

quote:

When should we see ....

And so it begins.... anyone want to start a pool to bet on the date that elmerlee starts his weekly "is it done yet?" posts?

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 96
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 4/5/2009 7:30:11 AM   
hack153

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!  i forgot about that kid.   you guys are too funny. 

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 97
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 5/13/2009 1:54:13 PM   
albionmoonlight

I will re-phrase.  I'm not really worried about when we will see a demo.  Sorry for asking the question in that manner.  I wonder:

Will there be a demo of version 3.0?

Thanks.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 98
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 5/13/2009 4:13:10 PM   
MjH

quote:

I will re-phrase.  I'm not really worried about when we will see a demo.  Sorry for asking the question in that manner.  I wonder:

Will there be a demo of version 3.0?

Thanks.

Only David can answer that and I don't know if he frequents this forum anymore, so he probably hasn't seen your question. He has an email address listed on his Maximum Football site, so sending your query there would be your best chance at getting an answer.

Post #: 99
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 6/25/2009 11:58:18 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Any updates?

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 100
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 6/26/2009 12:15:37 AM   
therhino

Kinda funny you asked, earlier today I started a 3.0 thread on Mykals forum: http://maxmykal-forum.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f3/anybody-know-what-s-going-on-with-30-t156.htm

(in reply to Mrgravyard50)
Post #: 101
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 6/26/2009 12:59:46 AM   
Mrgravyard50

Yea it is funny since after I posted I went and check out that site and ofcourse You asked too...

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 102
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/14/2009 8:13:20 PM   
Mrgravyard50

Ok its been a couple of months, Anything about 3.0?

Post #: 103
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/14/2009 11:03:28 PM   
grrncore

geez,,,,   good luck, i'll take more than five years before we see maximum football 3.0. 

FORMER MILLIONAIRE---" i had a million dollars but i spend it all"
---"i really don't care"

Post #: 104
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/20/2009 8:40:47 PM   
Mrgravyard50

I am sorry, but not updating or responding to people shows no class.. David I know your better than that...

(in reply to grrncore)
Post #: 105
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/21/2009 7:15:50 AM   
hack153

i'm hoping that david is taking a look at what a lot of people have created for the game and will use the ideas in 3.0.  it would be nice if he had a forum asking for suggestions or ideas. 

UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League

Post #: 106
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/21/2009 7:23:11 PM   
CheddarLover74

I would hope that he would consider League and individual team sliders.NFL 2k5 used both and they worked..to an extent.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 107
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/23/2009 3:50:48 PM   
Mykal

NFL 2K5 sliders actually helped kill the title in my opinion

way too sensative

2K4 was far better

(in reply to CheddarLover74)
Post #: 108
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 9/2/2009 4:38:09 AM   
Marauders

David considered having a graphic with sliders for the information in the constants folder. At least he mentioned it in conversations.

If anything, it was a backburner item, and I don't know if he ever really put it on the agenda.

Post #: 109
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 9/3/2009 2:47:26 PM   
CheddarLover74

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mykal

NFL 2K5 sliders actually helped kill the title in my opinion

way too sensative

2K4 was far better

How so? Not trying to be combative just asking your opinion as to why.

I found them the only way to get a halfway decent performance using coach mode on the xbox.Had to jack the kicking all the way up just so your kicker wouldn't miss 2 PATS a game.Turn down Interceptions almost all the way so quarterbacks didn't spend a game trading interceptions.Had to really turn down the coverage and turn up the passing so a 30% completion rating wasn't the high end of the scale.Without them i would have thrown the game away.I'm still not sure though if the team sliders worked properly.

To me the worst part of the game was the weekly preparation if you chose that option,there was no explanation in the ingame manual on how to effectively use it.

If they were to ever make another game,not rehash,in the Tecmo series i would probably buy that as it actually got better with each succesive title and went from a very simplified version of football in the original to a pretty close approximation of it by the time it breathed its last gasp on the Playstation.I loved the coach mode too because i knew my players could actually execute the plays and not play like a junior varsity team in one or every aspect of the game.I know it had only 5 minute quarters but it worked well that way with the stats,and with enough variance in them from game to game, it would closely mirror what you could expect in a real football game or season.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 110
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 9/4/2009 1:51:59 PM   
Mykal

dont get me wrong, I likes 2K5
the improvements from 4 to 5 were fantastic
but something got lost along the way with the sliders

you can actually play full length quarters..... not just 5 minutes as you stated
thats when you realise how much the sensativety of the sliders helps kill each game

I always play/played 12 minute quarters
and it was very difficult to not finish a game with at least 2 interceptions (sometimes as many as 7)
and thats with interceptions turned all the way down...... now forgive me but even Bryon Leftwich can do better than that

and the kicking game aswell as you meantioned even turned all the way up, missed PAT's where very common (as in every game)

I could go on and on........ but I wont, cos I spent many many hours of enjoyment playing it and dont want to bash the title

in my opinion 2K4 delivers a more realistic game of football (with sliders set correctly)
it lacks some of the fancy animations of 2K5 and isnt as good overall graphically...... but it certainly isnt bad graphically either
what it lacks in graphics it more than makes up for in playability and delivering a realistic game on the field.

my honest opinion:

2K5 - Good Game - 7 out of 10
2k4 - very good game 9 out of 10

it would have been very interesting to see what espn could have done with 2K6 had EA not conrnered the market on NFL license

< Message edited by Mykal -- 9/4/2009 1:55:06 PM >

Post #: 111
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 9/5/2009 2:18:33 AM   
CheddarLover74

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mykal

dont get me wrong, I likes 2K5
the improvements from 4 to 5 were fantastic
but something got lost along the way with the sliders

you can actually play full length quarters..... not just 5 minutes as you stated
thats when you realise how much the sensativety of the sliders helps kill each game

I always play/played 12 minute quarters
and it was very difficult to not finish a game with at least 2 interceptions (sometimes as many as 7)
and thats with interceptions turned all the way down...... now forgive me but even Bryon Leftwich can do better than that

and the kicking game aswell as you meantioned even turned all the way up, missed PAT's where very common (as in every game)

I could go on and on........ but I wont, cos I spent many many hours of enjoyment playing it and dont want to bash the title

in my opinion 2K4 delivers a more realistic game of football (with sliders set correctly)
it lacks some of the fancy animations of 2K5 and isnt as good overall graphically...... but it certainly isnt bad graphically either
what it lacks in graphics it more than makes up for in playability and delivering a realistic game on the field.

my honest opinion:

2K5 - Good Game - 7 out of 10
2k4 - very good game 9 out of 10

it would have been very interesting to see what espn could have done with 2K6 had EA not conrnered the market on NFL license

Oops i was talking about Tecmo with the 5 minute quarters.My bad as i should have been more clear.

You are right 2K5 had its good and bad as does every other single football game.Though i'm not willing to cut it a break as to imagining where it would have gone if EA had not bought the NFL rights.Quite possibly it would have spent even more time on gimmicks like having Steve-O challenge you and less in making sure that the game was as close as possible to approximating the NFL.

In the end though i think we both want the same thing.A game that can reasonably recreate football on a proffesional level where one or more aspects of the game are not broken.

Really it shouldn't be that hard.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 112
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 9/5/2009 10:35:29 AM   
Mykal

I'd have to agree with that......... I'm always in search of the best "on the field" football experience

Post #: 113
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 11/18/2009 7:43:40 PM   
Brockleigh

I'm the kind of putz who'll just punt to the end of a thread without necessarily reading all 4 pages posted thus far, so at the risk of annoying everyone in the community, let me ask a couple of questions:

1) Will MaxFB 3.0 be using the same engine as 2.0, or is this a "start from scratch" project?
2) I'm not going to ask "when's it coming out?", but what level of progress has been made to date? In general terms.

I don't know about everyone else, but that ought to give me an approximation on when I (and I do mean my expectations, not anyone else's or anything nearing official) can believe I'd see a finished product.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 114
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 1/2/2010 8:55:02 AM   
Marauders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brockleigh

I'm the kind of putz who'll just punt to the end of a thread without necessarily reading all 4 pages posted thus far, so at the risk of annoying everyone in the community, let me ask a couple of questions:

1) Will MaxFB 3.0 be using the same engine as 2.0, or is this a "start from scratch" project?

I am not really sure. It was going to use the same engine, but David did not like the way that engine could not do what he wanted, so he looked at a new game engine. That was quite a while ago, and I have not received updates since, so I do not know what engine will be used, how much code will be ported over, or how much progress has been made.

quote:

2) I'm not going to ask "when's it coming out?", but what level of progress has been made to date? In general terms.

That would have to come from David, and he's been quite about any progress or information updates.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 1/2/2010 8:57:01 AM >

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 115
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 7/1/2010 7:15:29 PM   
c0wb0y_8

So are we to assume since we have not heard anything in at least a year on 3.0 that it probably will not happen?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 116
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 7/26/2010 8:36:30 PM   
Brockleigh

Well, seeing as David hasn't changed anything on the Maximum Football websire since April 2009, I'm leaning towards branding it vaporware, but he has been known to surprise us before.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

(in reply to c0wb0y_8)
Post #: 117
RE: Maximum Football 3.0? - 8/11/2010 6:27:52 PM   
Marauders

If the goal had been to update the game every year or two, we would have been better off.

Cleaning up 2.2 and adding some features would have allowed for some revenue in the interim between 2.2 and 3.0.

I never could understand the development plan and marketing for this game.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 118
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> RE: Maximum Football 3.0? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI