Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to get DMP Files and Saves

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> How to get DMP Files and Saves Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to get DMP Files and Saves - 1/7/2009 6:36:50 PM   
SeanD

When you report a bug or crash it is extremely helpful if you could provide us with a DMP file and a save game that can reproduce the problem reliably. A DMP file is a "Dump" file that is made when the game crashes. This will often contain clues as to why the game crashed. A save game is also very helpful for the same reason for not only crashes but bugs as well.

To get a DMP file go to the Hired Guns file directory (For instance: C:\Program Files\Matrix Games\Hired Guns - Jagged Edge).

Then click the "Logs" folder and then the "FATAL" folder. You should see files that are titled like this "FATAL_2008_12_07_12.39.37.dmp" - these are your DMP files.

To get a save game file go to the Hired Guns file directory like instructed above.

Then click the "profiles" folder. In this folder there should be a nonsensical folder name like "{e8def91d-a366-4312-9752-afb54df70cfc}" - open this folder. In the folder you should see a series of folders named as sequential numbers (if you have multiple saves). For example if you have ten saved game files you should see 10 folders that are named "0" through "9".

Additionally, each folder should have a corresponding .sav file to go with it. The sav files are named by the same numbering system.

When sending a sav game file please include but the folder and the sav file of the same number. (For instance don't just send 15.sav without the folder named "15" as well.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: How to get DMP Files and Saves - 3/14/2009 6:55:06 PM   
pad152

An where do you want these files sent?

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: How to get DMP Files and Saves - 3/16/2009 6:18:53 PM   
SeanD

Please private message me and I will give you my email address.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> How to get DMP Files and Saves Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI