Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New patch and manual is growing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> RE: New patch and manual is growing Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/21/2009 1:21:30 PM   
MorningDew

Another new BETA patch 1.05g available at the AGEod forums.

(in reply to Rafiki)
Post #: 31
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/21/2009 3:00:04 PM   
Stwa

Ya but doesn't it kinda mess with the East Front/West Front thing. Based on the map orientation my brain is gonna think its the North Front/South Front.

Besides, I know I can't do it. I tried, but I still have the map screenshot painted in my brain somewhere and when I recall it, my brain as placed an "evil" tag on it.

(in reply to Rafiki)
Post #: 32
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/21/2009 4:05:26 PM   
Blueprint

There's a demo. Trying is yet the best way to figure if map orientation is really a trouble...

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 33
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/22/2009 3:18:21 AM   
Stwa

Yes, no doubt, and to be sure, I will try the demo at some time. That's the beautiful thing about demos. A whole lot of questions can be answered fairly quickly.

(in reply to Blueprint)
Post #: 34
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/22/2009 4:56:12 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

They aren't rotating the map. That's the last I heard. Afaik it's never been on the tables to rotate it....

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Pretty sure it was on the table a while ago but if it's not happening then so be it. Thanks for the final word. Will spend my money elsewhere.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

It isn't the final word....<snip>

If you want to take your money elsewhere on my say so, then so be it...but don't make it sound like it's me who made your decision for you...

I made my own decision. You did not make it for me. Perhaps I read too much into what you said though.

Here is the quote from PhilTib where he said they probably *would* be reworking the map at some point:

quote:

The issue is what we have to do in priority... fixing the code glitches and improving documentation and gameplay is first and foremost and will takes all our time in the next months.

Reworking the map is a huge task, cumbersome, long, increasing heavily the weight of the game (those who have knowledge of graphics will know why) and for a very limited immediate benefit...

We'll probably make a try at this, but surely not now...be patient please.

source: http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11424&page=3

If that has now officially changed to "No reworking" then no sale for me. Can someone at Matrix confirm with AGEOD whether the map will be reworked or not? Thanks.

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 1/22/2009 4:58:03 PM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 35
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/22/2009 5:57:28 PM   
JudgeDredd

Point taken and good find...seems it was suggested once upon a time. My apologies.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 36
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/22/2009 6:39:51 PM   
elmo3

No apology necessary.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 37
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/27/2009 8:10:35 PM   
Ichirou989

Personally, I could care less if the map was pointing south up and colored all over in chartreuse, especially considering the 'graphics' of some of the old boardgames I used to play back in the day.  What I do care about is if the game is still buggy and/or unfinished.  Now that bothers me...not the map orientation.

A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn't like the tune.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 38
RE: New patch and manual is growing - 1/31/2009 6:26:09 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ichirou989

Personally, I could care less if the map was pointing south up and colored all over in chartreuse, especially considering the 'graphics' of some of the old boardgames I used to play back in the day. 

Ditto. The map is quite functional. It does take a little getting used to, but no big deal.

quote:

ORIGINAL:
What I do care about is if the game is still buggy and/or unfinished.  Now that bothers me...not the map orientation.

Double ditto. Last night I finally had some time to play again and installed patch "i". The game really has come a long way. It is much smoother in play and no hints of stalling or crashing in 5 turns-great. There is still work to be done to make it perfect, but it is quite playable now.

(in reply to Ichirou989)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> RE: New patch and manual is growing Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI