Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I'm going to say it again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> I'm going to say it again Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I'm going to say it again - 1/26/2009 9:39:05 PM   
sennettcj

Hard Sarge,

Is the game anywhere near release ?

I appreciate you and the team working on it are all part time so we have no right to ask such questions but here is the the thrust of my arguement.

If it has taken you this long to get it to release why on earth should i pay good money for what will be supported be that same part time team ?

There comes a point where you must realise that your never ending 'Add your name to the pilot list/AAR Reports' are just papering over the cracks in a flawed software project.

I say again, realise you cannot complete this project, sell the code for $10 and let the community complete it and turn it into the game it could become.

Thoughts ?
Post #: 1
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/26/2009 10:37:51 PM   
harley

I love "Time Team",  Tony Robinson is the bomb. I watch it when I'm not coding EDBTR

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to sennettcj)
Post #: 2
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/27/2009 2:24:28 AM   
sabre1

I will buy it when it's time...I promise, and not a second before it's time.

The anticipation, oh, the anticipation....

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 3
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/27/2009 7:32:57 AM   
sauro brusch

I never buy this game! Why? never finished..................

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 4
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/27/2009 12:52:35 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: sauro

I never buy this game! Why? never finished..................

your choice, if I had my way, I would ask them to block your account from buying it, if that is the way you feel, but I don't think they would do as I ask

sennettcj

to be honest, I think we looking pretty good right now

quote:

If it has taken you this long to get it to release why on earth should i pay good money for what will be supported be that same part time team ?

again, your view, but then again, we may be the better supporters, remember, we don't want to get this game out today, so we can get started on Bombing the Steppes for next year, or Bombing the Rice for 2011 (of course, it may be 2015 before either of those would show up)

There comes a point where you must realise that your never ending 'Add your name to the pilot list/AAR Reports' are just papering over the cracks in a flawed software project.

how, why, where ?, if the game was released last year, that post would still be up, and I would still support it, what is it papering over, I think it is better then having Gary Grigsby, or David Heath in every squadron or Group (and they are in there, but I also put them into units that take very heavy losses)

I say again, realise you cannot complete this project, or so you say, David and Gary seem to think we can sell the code for $10 and let the community complete it and turn it into the game it could become, think it going to take a bit more then 10 bucks to buy the code, and if you could pay for the code who is going to do the work ?, don't know your skills, but overall, I would take Harley over you any day, politest way to say it, I guess is, it not going to happen.

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 1/27/2009 12:59:01 PM >

(in reply to sauro brusch)
Post #: 5
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/27/2009 3:18:02 PM   
Justascratch

Everytime one of these "When" threads starts up I get this feeling that I've heard all this before. For the longest time I couldn't put my finger on it. But, after reading this thread it finally came to me.  It was all those Christmas eve conversations I had with my kids and grand kids over the years.

"Can we open our presents Tonight?"

"No, you have to wait until Christmas."

"When will Christmas get here?"

"Soon"

"You always say that"

"That's because it's true."

"Can we open just one present tonight & then the rest in the morning"

"OK, but just one"

"This isn't what I thout it was, can I open another one?"

"No, you asked for an early present and that's what you got."

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/27/2009 4:18:48 PM   
Hard Sarge

Nice Avatar, I like that

(in reply to Justascratch)
Post #: 7
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/28/2009 11:20:03 PM   
tblersch

quote:

ORIGINAL: sennettcj

Hard Sarge,

Is the game anywhere near release ?

I appreciate you and the team working on it are all part time so we have no right to ask such questions but here is the the thrust of my arguement.

I say again, realise you cannot complete this project, sell the code for $10 and let the community complete it and turn it into the game it could become.

Thoughts ?

I first read this, and thought "You know, there's some valid points in here about knowing if you've overreached yourself, which is just a good life lesson, never mind BTR. Or if a part-time team can provide quality support."

Then I read it again.

And you know, those good points?...not so much. It takes a real schmuck to write such an incoherent complaint. You don't know why you should buy the game because you assume with no basis the support team won't support it, which you think it will clearly need because you know it's "flawed" even though you haven't seen it, and think it would be less flawed and delivered sooner if the rights to the game were given up by the people who don't own the rights and developed by the "community" with no one responsible for it?

You should have just stuck to the usual "Why is this game so late? You guys suck!" You would have made more sense.

(in reply to sennettcj)
Post #: 8
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/29/2009 2:36:02 AM   
harley

laugh!

oh, you've got to laugh...

thanks, tb, you've made my day...

(in reply to tblersch)
Post #: 9
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/29/2009 3:31:27 AM   
Dobey455

Well if you want to see what happens if a game is rushed to production look no farther than the WWI forum here or on the AGEOD site.
The overall feeling among those who brought this game (including me) is "Wow, this COULD have been such a great if only....)

For the record I am sure the problems in WWI will be fixed, but if EDTBTR were released half arsed all you do is ruin the reputation of the game and P-off all the customers who would have supported it.

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 10
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/30/2009 6:58:49 PM   
Uedel

Why is this game so late? You guys suck!

(in reply to sennettcj)
Post #: 11
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/30/2009 7:27:52 PM   
Justascratch

Well crud Uedel.  I was gonna say that!  The setup tblersch was too good to pass up.

(in reply to Uedel)
Post #: 12
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/30/2009 8:27:52 PM   
petgod

Hi Harley and Hard,

From one of the old school I say "tell him to bog off! You take aslong as you need to deliver what will be a great end product".

If you moaning guys don't want to wait thats your choice although I would take bets that when this product does surface you will all buy it, no matter what you say now!

Keep up the good work

After 22 years soldiering it is nice to be an arm chair warrior.

(in reply to Justascratch)
Post #: 13
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/30/2009 11:40:09 PM   
jcjordan

I just love reading these topics when they popup just to get a laugh & see how HS/Harley are going to reply (if at all)

Wasn't the old Earnest & Julio wine commercial (or was it Bartles & James)??? - "We will sell no wine before it's time"
Patience is a virtue & will be rewarded.

(in reply to petgod)
Post #: 14
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/31/2009 8:28:45 AM   
Hard Sarge

Uedel
:P

Justascratch
shame on you for thinking that

PetGod
how it going mate, thanks :)

JCJ
How it going mate II, you got tests to run, shouldn't you be out testing ? oh, me too (I need to finish off some battles for Gil)

overall, I do try to be polite, but how many times can you say the same thing before you get testy, most times, the issue is not really that somebody is lazy, or don't know what they are doing, there are alot of issues going on in the background of these games, that nobody ever hears or knows about

and as I have said before, if you got a complaint, aim it at me, not Harley or Waynno or Matrix

and another just in case, I say alot of things tounge in cheek, so read with a smilie added on

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 15
HOW LONG!!!??? - 1/31/2009 9:51:27 AM   
harley

before I get a cool sig like Ron's?

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 16
RE: HOW LONG!!!??? - 1/31/2009 11:58:33 AM   
wernerpruckner

ask Dixie

(in reply to harley)
Post #: 17
RE: HOW LONG!!!??? - 1/31/2009 3:48:26 PM   
sennettcj

Okay guys, can I just apologise for what came across as a poorly written and bombastic post.

No excuse but as an ex RAF, board wargamer type chap who is desperate to see this game fly, and had too much red wine when he posted I hope I can solicit your forgiveness.

Hard Sarge, I will be buying this game and I hope you get all the support you need from the community.

BTW Can I add my name to list of Pilots for the RAF ?

Edited because I have just read some of the 'Filler Names' thread.

Some of those requests on there are from people wishing to honour and remember family members.

I was flippant when I used that thread in my original post. I really do apologise.

< Message edited by sennettcj -- 1/31/2009 6:37:50 PM >

(in reply to wernerpruckner)
Post #: 18
RE: HOW LONG!!!??? - 1/31/2009 7:15:22 PM   
petgod

Good for you sennettcj,

Take's a man to admitt fault and apologise like that and credit where it is due. You have just shot up in my books.

Well done.

(in reply to sennettcj)
Post #: 19
RE: I'm going to say it again - 1/31/2009 10:57:55 PM   
jcjordan

Me testing - the only tests I've got are for prostate & cholesterol level

I know you kid around too, just like me or am I just going senile????

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 20
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/1/2009 12:07:03 AM   
Hard Sarge

LOL
sorry JCJ, I got another JC that I do some beta tests with, confused you with him, when I looked back I seen you was "the" other JCJ :)

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 21
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/1/2009 11:14:44 PM   
Hard Sarge

May 17, 2006 - Ubisoft has announced it will publish Storm of War: Battle of Britain, scheduled to land November 2006 on PCs worldwide. Storm of War: Battle of Britain is the first installment in the new Storm of War franchise from developer Maddox Games. Ubisoft and Maddox previously collaborated on the IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters games.

now, I agree this is not the same as our game, but if you are a flight simmer, and a fan of IL-2, you know they were working on it for a long time before it was announced, before it was suppost to come out Oct 2008, then Feb 2009, now it is Nov 2009

but you see don't anybody saying Oleg is dumb or lazy or that he sucks and don't know what he is doing

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 22
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/5/2009 12:15:33 AM   
jcjordan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

LOL
sorry JCJ, I got another JC that I do some beta tests with, confused you with him, when I looked back I seen you was "the" other JCJ :)

HS, not trying to be a smart arse or anything w/ the topic being what it is but from our replies, I'm getting a deja vu feeling like we had posted the same replies some time ago to each other. I tried a search but nothing came up, anyway to look back in archives to see if we're in the Twilight Zone or not

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 23
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/7/2009 9:21:45 PM   
Crocky

Checking in still keeping an eye on this one and a few spare dollars in my wallet for when it appears .....tho the way the New Zaland dollar is at the moment ( $0.80 US down to around $0.51US now)  I may need more than just a few NZ dollars

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 24
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/7/2009 11:06:12 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

LOL

HS, not trying to be a smart arse or anything w/ the topic being what it is but from our replies, I'm getting a deja vu feeling like we had posted the same replies some time ago to each other. I tried a search but nothing came up, anyway to look back in archives to see if we're in the Twilight Zone or not

tell you the truth, I think we did too

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 25
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/9/2009 5:06:31 AM   
vils

interesting.. it took less than a 3rd of time to create the game than it takes for you hobbyist "programmers" to update it. No offence but i really think you shouldnt be so cocky about it you know your work is like a trillion levels below mediocre.

Speaking of blocking gouys accounts just because theyre upset of your embarrasing slow and low-skill work is like shooting yourself in the head. I really wonder if Matrix would be interested in employee you guys at all if that eva was an option.

Sorry guys, you just show complete incompetence, why you even got hands of this game in the first place is beyond me...

WORD

Take Command! - Lewis E. Lyle

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 26
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/9/2009 2:32:37 PM   
pompack

After watching this .. stuff for some time I am finally moved to respond. I considered calling attention to the fable of the Ant and the Grasshopper, but I fear that would be too complicated for the minds that compose such posts as the one above. Then I realized that it has all been said before and I can do no more than quote from the words of the Master: to be specific the Book of TNOLL, Chapter I, verse 46. While it is remotely possible that the people in question would recognize the reference, I find it so unlikely that I will quote the verse in full:

"Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of mankind. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded - here and there, now and then - are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as 'bad luck' ".

< Message edited by pompack -- 2/9/2009 3:14:47 PM >

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 27
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/9/2009 9:16:36 PM   
jjjanos

Those wanting to purchase bug-ridden games already have that option - go get the originals.

Those who want something else, need to wait until its done.

I'll wait.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 28
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/10/2009 1:54:11 AM   
harley

Green Button time.

That was the most offensive post I've read. You've accused me and the team of incompetence based on the fact that we're taking our time to do it right. You're persona-non-grata to me from now on.

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 29
RE: I'm going to say it again - 2/10/2009 3:12:06 AM   
Graycompany

Those that can, do, those that cannot, post about how they would do it, if only they could do it.

I thought this place was a empire, now im the last, I can't be sure...

(in reply to vils)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> I'm going to say it again Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI