Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coupla gripes and kudos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Coupla gripes and kudos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coupla gripes and kudos - 5/9/2002 7:33:18 PM   
Henri

I received the game yesterday and played all evening. Oatch 1.2 got rid of the startup glitch (error messages). Great game, it managed to keep me away from Morrowind for the evening, but...

Altthough I had already paid a hefty amount for UPS when I ordered, I had to pay an extra $46 Can (about 30 US$) for "brokerage fees"! This makes the game MUCH more expensive than games that I buy off the shelf. My wife says not to do it again, but I have also ordered the "Lost Victories magacampaign" from matrixgames, whcih wioll no doubt cost me a leg an an arm upon delivery.

I saw somewhere that Matrixgames now has a distributor in Canada; I guess it must be in response to complaints like this. I suspect the problem may be Canadian government retaliation against the US protectionist tax recently imposed on Canadian lumber (Free trade my eye, when you are the little guy in a game, Canada is finding out it is the big guy who makes up the rules as needed during the game...).

My other gripe is about the manual. I can live with having to print my own manual, but the first totally black page and the dark border around every page cost me about another $50 worth of ink. This game will now have cost me over $200 Can, more than twice the cost of any other game I have ever bought!

Please make available a version of manuals designed to use as little ink as possible for those who want to print it out.

Henri
Post #: 1
- 5/9/2002 9:04:15 PM   
Andrew Ewanchyna

I hear you, Henri. Imagine how I felt when Matrix shipped me my *free* 5 games of SUDG and I got a bill for $30 for "brokerage fees".

Let's not get started on the Canada-US free trade thing. Trade is never a level playing field and the US F*s everyone. We got it even worse before (if that's possible). Can anyone say farmers subsities?

Matrix was suppose to include a printer-friendly manual but after looking, it appears the second version of the pdf file in the SUDG folder is the same as the one in the manual. Sorry about that. .

Developer of Starships Unlimited

(in reply to Henri)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Coupla gripes and kudos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI