Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/17/2009 8:00:39 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

But if you want to read about German ineptitude and British brilliance in all regards, technical, intelligence, political, the works, read his book, Fighter.

Warspite1

For example?

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 31
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/17/2009 9:57:56 PM   
Norden_slith

Great stuff, thank you Greyshaft.

Regarding this other "discussion" in this thread: can you people take up space somewhere else, thank you?

Norden

Norden
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hexagonally challenged

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 2:04:37 AM   
Crimguy

Yeah, you're only allowed to go miles off topic at the WitP forum.

(in reply to Norden_slith)
Post #: 33
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 8:07:44 AM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

I was just setting up the CW in Lebensraum and I was thinking that the Osprey carrier fighter must get the award for the most useless air unit in the game. There are four Osprey fighters in the setup and, as with all WiF counters, there are minor variations in the combat factors between counters. Here is the worst one:

Air to Air: 0
Air to Sea : None
Tactical Bombing : None
Strategic Bombing : None
Range : 3

I guess if they are all that stand between your carrier and a couple of waves of Ju-87D Stuka divebombers (air to air factor of three) then they might hold the enemy off long enough for you to abandon ship in an orderly fashion, but don't count on it. It's actually quite sad for the CW that these fighters are still in the setup pool in mid-1941, but for this game I think I'll scrap them immediately.

In the WiF system Air-to-Air combat is a relative strength so a factor of zero doesn't mean that the unit is unarmed, merely that it fights less effectively than an aircraft with a strength of one (Arado Ar-68) or two (defensive fire from a Dornier Do-17M) or three (Gloster Gladiator) ... or thirteen (Me262 A-1c) or fourteen (Gotha Go229B).

Greyshaft, the game looks great and well worth the wait, however

The Hawker Osprey, with only 30 in service in training duties hardly rates 4 counters.

From http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/Osprey.htm

The Hawker Osprey was a 2 seat biplane fighter. It was a naval reconaissance-fighter development of the Hart biplane bomber.

It went into service in the Fleet Air Arm at the same time as the Nimrod, in 1931. Both types were represented in the mixed flight of new aircraft carried in HMS Eagle for demonstration at the British Empire trade Exhibition, Buenos Aires, in March 1931. 112 were built.

By the start of the Second Woprld War only 30 surviving Osprey still served withthe Fleet Air Arm. All were used as trainers with 755, 758, 759 and 780 squadrons, except for K5750 which served at the Experimental Station Porton from 7 February 1942 in Chemical Warfare Trials.

The last Osprey to serve with the Fleet Air Arm was K5757 which was paid off on 27 April 1944.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 34
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 8:53:24 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

quote:

I was just setting up the CW in Lebensraum and I was thinking that the Osprey carrier fighter must get the award for the most useless air unit in the game. There are four Osprey fighters in the setup and, as with all WiF counters, there are minor variations in the combat factors between counters. Here is the worst one:

Air to Air: 0
Air to Sea : None
Tactical Bombing : None
Strategic Bombing : None
Range : 3

I guess if they are all that stand between your carrier and a couple of waves of Ju-87D Stuka divebombers (air to air factor of three) then they might hold the enemy off long enough for you to abandon ship in an orderly fashion, but don't count on it. It's actually quite sad for the CW that these fighters are still in the setup pool in mid-1941, but for this game I think I'll scrap them immediately.

In the WiF system Air-to-Air combat is a relative strength so a factor of zero doesn't mean that the unit is unarmed, merely that it fights less effectively than an aircraft with a strength of one (Arado Ar-68) or two (defensive fire from a Dornier Do-17M) or three (Gloster Gladiator) ... or thirteen (Me262 A-1c) or fourteen (Gotha Go229B).

Greyshaft, the game looks great and well worth the wait, however

The Hawker Osprey, with only 30 in service in training duties hardly rates 4 counters.

From http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/Osprey.htm

The Hawker Osprey was a 2 seat biplane fighter. It was a naval reconaissance-fighter development of the Hart biplane bomber.

It went into service in the Fleet Air Arm at the same time as the Nimrod, in 1931. Both types were represented in the mixed flight of new aircraft carried in HMS Eagle for demonstration at the British Empire trade Exhibition, Buenos Aires, in March 1931. 112 were built.

By the start of the Second Woprld War only 30 surviving Osprey still served withthe Fleet Air Arm. All were used as trainers with 755, 758, 759 and 780 squadrons, except for K5750 which served at the Experimental Station Porton from 7 February 1942 in Chemical Warfare Trials.

The last Osprey to serve with the Fleet Air Arm was K5757 which was paid off on 27 April 1944.

The CW player has the option of scrapping these 4 units at the start of the war (because they are such an old design) - or he can leave them in the force pool and maybe draw them randomly when he builds carrier air units (or draw them as units to be placed on the map at setup). The choice is up to the player. Historically it appears the British decided to not build (or stop building) this type of aircraft.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 35
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 10:44:36 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The CW player has the option of scrapping these 4 units at the start of the war (because they are such an old design) - or he can leave them in the force pool and maybe draw them randomly when he builds carrier air units (or draw them as units to be placed on the map at setup). The choice is up to the player. Historically it appears the British decided to not build (or stop building) this type of aircraft.

And scrapping them is exactly what I did do.. as any sane Lebensraum player would do... unless they decided that they wanted to try a carrier campaign that built carriers and carrier planes at the expense of everything else.

That's the beauty of MWiF... you can choose an ahistorical strategy that doesn't make sense to anyone except yourself and follow it through to its logical conclusion... what would happen if I didn't scrap the Ospresys?

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 36
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 11:39:30 AM   
JeffroK

No, they clearly were out of service at Sept 39.

Now if they were Skua's or Roc's your argument would carry water.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 37
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 12:31:04 PM   
Greyshaft

The point of the MWiF scrapping system is that in 1941 Ospreys were available and they could fly (barely) and fight (poorly).
It is up to the MWiF CW player to determine whether they should be used to equip an operational squadron on a RN carrier.

My decision is an emphatic No!!! ... but you are free to chose a different answer.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 38
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 3:01:53 PM   
brian brian

You'll just have to overwhelm the chatter with more screenshots, Mr. Greyshaft...pretty please?

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 39
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 7:08:12 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

quote:

And scrapping them is exactly what I did do.. as any sane Lebensraum player would do... unless they decided that they wanted to try a carrier campaign that built carriers and carrier planes at the expense of everything else.

That's the beauty of MWiF... you can choose an ahistorical strategy that doesn't make sense to anyone except yourself and follow it through to its logical conclusion... what would happen if I didn't scrap the Ospresys?

If playing with pilots, keep any zero-costing CVPs. You don't have to put them any closer to the map then the reserve pool and they come in handy for manipulating/maintaining aircraft gearing limits.

Paul

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 40
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 9:12:31 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck
If playing with pilots, keep any zero-costing CVPs. You don't have to put them any closer to the map then the reserve pool and they come in handy for manipulating/maintaining aircraft gearing limits.

I'd say that we do not all agree to that judgement.

If all 0 cost CVP were as useless as the Osprey, I would agree, but there are some 0 cost CVP that I definitively want to use on the map, as the CW, Japan or the USA. The CW have those excellent 3 strength Gladiators, Japan have these Claudes and Kates, and the USA have those early F4F-3. All of these have 3 factors only, for 0 BP, and I need them on my carriers.

So I usualy scrap all planes that have a total of factors less than 3 at the start of the game. I even sometime keep some of the ones that have 2 naval factors.

I found out other ways to deal with aircraft gearing limits, and rarely need 0 cost CVPs. Only once or twice during a complete game do I use 0 cost CVP for that.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 41
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/18/2009 11:06:04 PM   
composer99

In games such as Lebensraum, which start in 1941, or even later scenarios, there is even less incentive for the CW to keep the Ospreys, as there will be a plentitude of vastly superior carrier planes that can actually fit on their carriers.

~ Composer99

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 42
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/19/2009 4:30:11 AM   
Greyshaft

Undo... a handy feature

Attachment (1)

/Greyshaft

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 43
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/19/2009 5:25:45 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Undo... a handy feature

There are some exceptions to when Undo is permitted. For example, if you overrun an enemy air or naval unit and it rebases, then undoing previous moves is not allowed.

The basic rule is: if your opponent made a decision, then you do not get to undo any moves prior to his decision. This comes up a lot with naval moves where the opposing side has to decide whether to intercept or not.

Steve

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 44
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/19/2009 9:14:47 PM   
Gresbeck

quote:

The basic rule is: if your opponent made a decision, then you do not get to undo any moves prior to his decision.

And what if a moving unit spots an enemy that was in fog of war and couldn't be seen before? An undoing would seem unfair.

Post #: 45
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/19/2009 9:56:42 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gresbeck

quote:

The basic rule is: if your opponent made a decision, then you do not get to undo any moves prior to his decision.

And what if a moving unit spots an enemy that was in fog of war and couldn't be seen before? An undoing would seem unfair.

There is no fog of war in MWiF version 1.

If there was Fog of War and you revealed an enemy unit then IMHO you wouldn't be able to undo that move.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Gresbeck)
Post #: 46
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/19/2009 9:58:35 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gresbeck

quote:

Fog of war (FOW) is not part of MWIF product 1.

There was a long discussion on this many moons ago. The main point to come out of it was that given the scale of the game (90 KM per hex, 2 month turns), FOW would require a lot of assumptions and cleverness to become a viable optional rule.

Steve

(in reply to Gresbeck)
Post #: 47
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 1:00:38 PM   
undercovergeek

so you can see all the moves of opponents all across the globe?

Post #: 48
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 1:30:34 PM   
JudgeDredd

Bit disappointed with no Fog of war. I understand your reason...but still a bit disappointed.

I don't think it will affect my purchase decision, but I like surprises on the battlefield.

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 49
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 1:40:51 PM   
micheljq

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Bit disappointed with no Fog of war. I understand your reason...but still a bit disappointed.

I don't think it will affect my purchase decision, but I like surprises on the battlefield.

That would drastically change the game. I think it would be interesting in another version.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 50
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 2:40:07 PM   
composer99

You might be surprised at the surprises you can still face despite knowing where all of your opponent's forces are (I speak from bitter personal experience).

~ Composer99

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 51
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 3:15:47 PM   
Mike Parker

And unless WiF has changed enormously since I played in the mid to late 80's when I was in college (egads I am old!) there is still plenty of uncertainty even with the units in view.

The Strategic objectives for certain, just because you know where the units are, you don't know for sure where your opponent placed his emphasis before the game starts, and hence there is alot of uncertainty in that.

Also in the scale of corps and 2 months of time, its debatable if FoW is even very appropriate for land forces.   The Naval forces its a little harder to justify but I think the whole seazone approach helps mitigate that somewhat.

In short rememeber this is faithful adaptation of a board game.  And getting more complex than 'Battleship' with Fog of War in a tabletop game is problematical.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 52
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 3:22:09 PM   
micheljq

That's a point, i have a recent bitter experience myself, faced a '42 Barbarossa as soviet player, lost 78BP worth of troops in may/june '42 alone.

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

You might be surprised at the surprises you can still face despite knowing where all of your opponent's forces are (I speak from bitter personal experience).

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 53
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 5:43:43 PM   
Ullern

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Parker

And unless WiF has changed enormously since I played in the mid to late 80's when I was in college (egads I am old!) there is still plenty of uncertainty even with the units in view.

The Strategic objectives for certain, just because you know where the units are, you don't know for sure where your opponent placed his emphasis before the game starts, and hence there is alot of uncertainty in that.

Also in the scale of corps and 2 months of time, its debatable if FoW is even very appropriate for land forces. The Naval forces its a little harder to justify but I think the whole seazone approach helps mitigate that somewhat.

In short rememeber this is faithful adaptation of a board game. And getting more complex than 'Battleship' with Fog of War in a tabletop game is problematical.

Well I think that choosing strategic objectives are a ghost of WIF4....
(But I think that was better than the victory cities rule they had since version 5.)

"Enormously" depends on the point of view. A lot of rules has changed, but did they really change the concept of the game?

(in reply to Mike Parker)
Post #: 54
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 7:57:21 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: micheljq

quote:

That would drastically change the game. I think it would be interesting in another version.

is fog of war represented in the actual board game - if not i suppose it makes sense - you would see all your players counters on the board

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 55
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 8:24:39 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

is fog of war represented in the actual board game - if not i suppose it makes sense - you would see all your players counters on the board

WIF FE (the board game version of WIF) does not have fog of war. It is something introduced as an optionla rule in CWIF but, as I have said before, there are a lot of problems with figuring out how to implement it, much less what it really represents.

MWIF and WIF FE do not contain fog of war but that does not mean the game plays like chess. The order in which a player chooses to move his naval units and which air missions he chooses for his bombers (especially the multi-purpose bombers) is always unknown. The movement allowance for land units (especially armor and mechanized units) is so great that it if possible to shift a significant portion of your attack (or defensive) strength 500 miles in one impulse, and there are numerous impulses in a 2 month turn.

I could go on and mention another dozen ways in which you do not know what your opponent is going to do in WIF. I've always considered this a reasonable way to model fog of war.

Steve

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 56
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/20/2009 10:13:10 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

WIF FE (the board game version of WIF) does not have fog of war. It is something introduced as an optionla rule in CWIF but, as I have said before, there are a lot of problems with figuring out how to implement it, much less what it really represents.

MWIF and WIF FE do not contain fog of war but that does not mean the game plays like chess. The order in which a player chooses to move his naval units and which air missions he chooses for his bombers (especially the multi-purpose bombers) is always unknown. The movement allowance for land units (especially armor and mechanized units) is so great that it if possible to shift a significant portion of your attack (or defensive) strength 500 miles in one impulse, and there are numerous impulses in a 2 month turn.

I could go on and mention another dozen ways in which you do not know what your opponent is going to do in WIF. I've always considered this a reasonable way to model fog of war.

its cool, no worries - im entirely new to this game, boardgame and all - it wasnt until i was posting that it occured to me that as a true representation of the boardgame you wouldnt have FOW in the game no more than you would in the basement or the garage on the massive maps, i think i and a few others are just used to a game with FOW - but as your reply suggests, the different permeatations of each turn pretty much make up for that - still got my pounds stirling on release day!!

Post #: 57
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/26/2009 7:22:13 PM   
Larac

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper

Thanks Greyshaft, I will look closely at it.

Is possible rename the counters?

Yes.

There are a few that cannot be renamed because of their special capabilities (e.g., Stilwell). Also, renaming units would have to be done for each new game, since determining which units are to be setup (and where) requires many units to not have their names changed. For example, all the capital ships are referenced by name for which ones set up where (and the same for HQ units).

A more elaborate system could be developed, but that falls into my category of WIF design kit - not part of MWIF product 1.

Would it not be better to assign each Unit a Number or Code, and leave the name for display only?

Lee

Post #: 58
RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report - 2/26/2009 7:56:56 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larac

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blind Sniper

Thanks Greyshaft, I will look closely at it.

Is possible rename the counters?

Yes.

There are a few that cannot be renamed because of their special capabilities (e.g., Stilwell). Also, renaming units would have to be done for each new game, since determining which units are to be setup (and where) requires many units to not have their names changed. For example, all the capital ships are referenced by name for which ones set up where (and the same for HQ units).

A more elaborate system could be developed, but that falls into my category of WIF design kit - not part of MWIF product 1.

Would it not be better to assign each Unit a Number or Code, and leave the name for display only?

Lee

The data file has both a number and two names: (1) for reference internally in the setup lists and (2) for display on the screen (i.e., the counter).

Many units are generated as the game progresses (partisans, convoys, divisions), so absolute unit numbers are open ended. Relying on assigned numbers is fooolish anyway, since the addition or removal of a unit could mess everyting up. It is hard enough to do the setup just using the names.

Here is a sample of the code for setup (one of the two small scenarios):
// ****************************************************************************
// Second scenario
// ****************************************************************************
      scGuadalcanal:
      begin
        case MCIndex of
          mcCommonwealth:  // Guadalcanal
          begin
            AddGroupCountry(['South Africa'], ['[South Africa]', 'MI 1',
              'TE 1', '[United Kingdom]', 'CN 1', 'CN 1']);

AddGroupCountry(['Italian Somaliland'], ['[United Kingdom]',
              'IN 1', 'CN 1']);

AddGroupCountry(['Australia'], ['[Australia]', 'MO 1', 'IN 1',
              'MI 1', 'TE 1', '[United Kingdom]', 'CN 1', '[Commonwealth]',
              'OI 1']);

AddGroupCountry(['Burma', 'India', 'Ceylon'],
              ['[India]', 'IN 1', 'MI 1', 'GA 1', 'TE 2',
              '[United Kingdom]', 'HQ Wavell', 'IN 1', 'AT 1',
              'CS Formidable', 'CS Illustrious', 'CS Indomitable',
              'CS Resolution', 'CS Revenge', 'CS Warspite', 'CS Ramillies',
              'CS Renown', 'CS Royal Sovereign', 'CS Hawkins', 'CS Birmingham',
              'CS Devonshire', 'CS Frobisher', 'CS Glasgow', 'CS Mauritius',
              'CL Ceres', 'CL Danae', 'CL Emerald', 'CL Caledon', 'CL Capetown',
              'CL Dragon', 'CL Enterprise', 'CL Phoebe', 'NT 1',
              'CN 1', 'CP 5/3',
              '[Australia]', 'CS Australia', 'CS Canberra', 'CL Adelaide',
              'CL Hobart',
              '[New Zealand]', 'CS Gambia', 'CL Achilles', 'CL Leander',
              '[Netherlands]', 'CS Sumatra', 'CL Jacob van Heemskerck',
                'CL Tromp',
              '[Commonwealth]', 'ASW 1', 'OI 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tJulAug, 1942, False, ['[United Kingdom]',
              'F2 1', 'PI 1', 'CL Durban']);

AddGroupProduction(tSepOct, 1942, False, ['[United Kingdom]',
              'CS Sussex', 'AM 1', 'SU 1']);
          end;

mcJapan:         // Guadalcanal
          begin
            FormosaMilitiaOK := True;

AddGroupCountry(['Japan'], ['IN 1', 'MI 2', '[Div]', 'AT 1', 'EN 1',
              'N2 1', 'PI 1', 'OI 8']);

AddGroupCountry(['Siam'], ['[Siam]', 'MI 1']);

AddGroupCountry(['Burma'], ['HQ Yamashita', 'IN 1', 'F2 1',
              'PI 1']);

AddGroupSimple(lPacificAsia, ['HQ Yamamoto', 'IN 2', 'MA 2',
              '[Div]', 'AT 1', 'MA 1', 'F2 1/1', 'L3 1/1', 'N2 1/1',
              'N3 1/1', 'A3 1', 'PI 5', 'CS Akagi', 'CS Hiryu', 'CS Junyo',
              'CS Kaga', 'CS Ryujo', 'CS Shokaku', 'CS Soryu', 'CS Zuikaku',
              'CS Fuso', 'CS Hiei', 'CS Ise', 'CS Kongo', 'CS Nagato',
              'CS Yamato', 'CS Atago', 'CS Kako', 'CS Mogami', 'CS Myoko',
              'CS Tone', 'CS Hosho', 'CS Shoho', 'CS Taiyo', 'CS Unyo',
              'CS Zuiho', 'CS Haruna', 'CS Hyuga', 'CS Kirishima',
              'CS Mutsu', 'CS Yamashiro', 'CS Aoba', 'CS Ashigara',
              'CS Chikuma', 'CS Chokai', 'CS Furutaka', 'CS Haguro',
              'CS Idzumo', 'CS Kinugasa', 'CS Kumano', 'CS Maya',
              'CS Mikuma', 'CS Nachi', 'CS Suzuya', 'CS Takao', 'CL Katori',
              'CL Natori', 'CL Oi', 'CL Sendai', 'CL Tenryu', 'CL Yura',
              'CL Abukuma', 'CL Isuzu', 'CL Jintsu', 'CL Kashii', 'CL Kashima',
              'CL Kinu', 'CL Kiso', 'CL Kitakami', 'CL Kuma', 'CL Nagara',
              'CL Naka', 'CL Ping Hai', 'CL Tama', 'CL Tatsuta', 'CL Yubari',
              'ASW 1', 'NT 3', 'AM 1', 'SU 4', 'CN 24', 'CP 17/12']);  

AddGroupRepairPool(['CS Asama']);

AddGroupProduction(tJulAug, 1942, False, ['IN 1', 'F2 1', 'PI 1',
              'CS Hiyo', 'CS Musashi', 'CP 1/1']);

AddGroupProduction(tSepOct, 1942, False, ['CL Agano', 'IN 1',
              'N3 1', 'PI 1', 'CP 1/1']);

AddGroupProduction(tNovDec, 1942, False, ['IN 1', 'CS Chuyo',
              'CS Ryuho', 'CN 1', 'CP 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tJanFeb, 1943, False, ['IN 1', 'CS Oyodo']);
          end;

mcUnitedStates:  // Guadalcanal
          begin
            AddGroupSimple(lUSAEastCoast, ['L3 1', 'PI 1', 'CS Hornet',
              'CS Washington', 'CS North Carolina', 'CL Columbia']);

AddGroupSimple(lUSAWestCoast, ['MO 1', 'IN 1', 'MA 1', '[Div]',
              'EN 1', 'CS Saratoga', 'CS Colorado', 'CS Louisville']);

AddGroupSimple(lPacificAmerica, ['HQ MacArthur', '[Div]', 'AT 1',
              'MA 1', 'F2 2/1', 'L3 1',	'N3 1', 'PI 4', 'CP 6/4',
              'OI 2', 'CS Lexington', 'CS Yorktown', 'CS Chicago',
              'CS New Orleans', 'CS Portland', 'CS Salt Lake City',
              'CS San Francisco', 'CS Vincennes', 'CL Brooklyn', 'CL Omaha',
              'CL San Diego', 'CL Helena', 'CL Juneau', 'CL Marblehead',
              'CL Phoenix', 'CL Raleigh', 'CL Richmond', 'ASW 1', 'NT 1',
              'SU 1', 'CN 10']);

AddGroupCity('Honolulu', EmptyStr, ['HQ Nimitz',
              'CP 2/1', 'CS Enterprise', 'CS Maryland', 'CS Mississippi',
              'CS Pennsylvania', 'CS Pensacola', 'CS Idaho', 'CS New Mexico',
              'CS Astoria', 'CS Chester', 'CS Indianapolis', 'CS Minneapolis',
              'CS Northampton', 'CL Atlanta', 'CL St. Louis', 'CL Boise',
              'CL Detroit', 'CL Honolulu', 'CL Nashville', 'CL San Juan',
              'NT 1', 'SU 1']);

AddGroupRepairPool(['CS Tennessee', 'CS Nevada']);

AddGroupProduction(tJulAug, 1942, False, ['IN 1', 'N2 1', 'PI 1',
              'CP 1/1']);

AddGroupProduction(tSepOct, 1942, False, ['L3 1', 'PI 1', 'AM 1',
              'CL Denver', 'CL Montpellier', 'CP 1']);

AddGroupProduction(tNovDec, 1942, False, ['CS Essex', 'CP 1/1']);

AddGroupProduction(tJanFeb, 1943, False, ['CS Lexington II',
              'CL Birmingham', 'CL Santa Fe']);
          end;
        end;
      end;

And no, trying to do this using a spreadsheet style data format would be vastly harder.

Steve

(in reply to Larac)
Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Lebensraum - an After Action Report Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI