Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How does one?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How does one? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How does one? - 2/12/2009 6:14:33 AM   
Twotribes

With a random map or with a created scenario, how does one assigned what the graphics will be? I mean , British, German or Russian? I prefer German graphics and in random games sometimes none of the regimes have German graphics.
Post #: 1
RE: How does one? - 2/12/2009 6:54:10 AM   
Grymme

In the regime slot in the editor, where you assign flag icons, people etc are there is also a slot called "extra graphics" (i think). If you set that to a number all SFTs from that regime will have the extra graphics that appear in the box to the right when you look at graphics in a specific SFTs window. If you want to import special graphic you have to do that in the window of each SFT.

Hope you find it alright.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: How does one? - 2/12/2009 1:50:44 PM   
Twotribes

I do not need to import anything, the game has 4 sets, how do I set it to one of the 4?

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 3
RE: How does one? - 2/12/2009 3:27:14 PM   
Grymme

Go to the regime slot in the editor (the place where you assign flag icons, people etc). There is also a slot called "extra graphics" (i think). If you set that to a number all SFTs from that regime will have the extra graphics that appear in the box to the right when you look at graphics in a specific SFTs window.
Germans are standard, Allies 0, Russians 2 and Japan 3 (i think).
Glad to be able to help

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: How does one? - 2/13/2009 2:28:36 PM   
Twotribes

The numbers are 1, 2, 3 , 4 and you find them by going to SFT types and looking at extra graphics. The 0 becomes a 1 and you increase the others by 1. Though for some strange reason -1 works for Germany as well. Germany is 3 Soviets are 1, Allies are 2 and neutrals are 4. In random games I have only seen -1 for Germany and 2 for allies. Never Soviet or neutral. But you can change them and thanks for the info, by the way.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 5
RE: How does one? - 3/3/2009 12:20:33 AM   
timberwolf15

TwoTribes this is what you do...

Well, First of all you may want to read whats in the Mods and Scenarios Forum for Advanced Tactics ... specifically under the TOPIC section the Tutorials called Simple Scenario Creation 101 also read any others you like they answer all types of questions.

But anyway to answer your specific question from what you want to do you would do the following:

Click on the REG button once you have made a random scenario and have clicked on EDIT

Then click on the Regime you want to be for example German

Then click on the word Statistics ... Its located in the Property Sheets window - these are the statistics for the current Regime you highlighted

Ok now on the left it reads Select as pencil DO NOT touch that but UNDER this it reads People Universals DO NOT click on the white button to the LEFT of this word BUT click on the White Button under this word. This button allows you to change the FLAG of the units you highlighted under Regime

You should be in the graphics folder when you click on this button

Now click on default .. the default folder .. it is a folder within the graphics folder - you should see it on your screen

Now (Isn't this fun) click on the national folder - many more folders popped up find the national folder click on it to open it.

When you do it may look empty...

In this window that pops up under FILES OF TYPE click the down arrow and choose .PNG

and Whoooooooolaaaaaaaaah you are there now ... ok so you are doing the German flag so choose FLAGNAZI.PNG - with this file highlighted click on OPEN ...

WHAM !!! ya got the German Flag on your units you will make

OK WAIT !!!!!!!!! let's fix the sprites in the top left of the units DUDE !!! ok Buddy

Now click on the white button having a pathetic looking sprite to the left of it ... Click on this button its located UNDER the text HQ Symbol overrule ...

Do the same thing you did before default - national - choose .png -

Now choose the Corect ID file for German Choose NATIONAL ID GERMAN.PNG

WHAM you in business ..... makes the war so much better to wage doesn't it ...

change your other regime to whoever you want your limited by whats in the national directory ...

I've been wanting to be able to change these flags and sprites for eons glad I finally, just recently figured it out too...

Hope it works for ya ...

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> How does one? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI