Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wish List thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: Wish List thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wish List thread - 7/18/2009 8:14:34 PM   
Mus

The ability to have idle troops drilled up to a regular standard if they arent already there. Basically make it kinda like participation in combat but less dynamic. Each turn a unit under 4.5 morale sits in a friendly province in supply doing nothing there is a certain percent chance for its morale to increase through drill/training up until it hits 4.5 morale.

Link the number of units that can be trained to the nations spending on drafts. A certain number of units for each level.

< Message edited by Mus -- 7/18/2009 8:32:45 PM >

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 121
RE: Wish List thread - 7/19/2009 3:52:44 AM   
evwalt

I admit I am to lazy to read through the 5 pages of these, so sorry it I am repeating one.

I would like to see the commanders of armies/corps in small type below their containers on the main map, like in FoF.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 122
RE: Wish List thread - 7/20/2009 9:58:58 PM   
shaunchattey

More terror, more heads rolling 

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 123
RE: Wish List thread - 7/20/2009 11:17:43 PM   
Mus

Severe nerfing of "insurrection" missions. We are seeing in our PBEM games roving bands of CIA and Green Beret backed Diplomats overthrowing countries left and right in a very unrealistic fashion.

Its also being done by parties defeated in war to the victor, which should immediately provide another case for war. I think "offensive" diplomatic missions should be forbidden as part of an alliance or enforced peace agreement.

If I already posted this, I apologize. We just had a 3 turn spree of insurrections in our Another PBEM game. Its really bad. France causes insurrection in Swedish Holland, next turn Turkey causes insurrection in Prussian Bavaria, last turn France causes insurrection in English Flanders.

PS I forgot to mention that Holland became Swedish in the first place by an insurrection from France followed by invasion. As we speak in the same game multiple Austrian diplomats are trying insurrection in French Naples every turn.

< Message edited by Mus -- 7/21/2009 12:49:24 AM >

(in reply to shaunchattey)
Post #: 124
RE: Wish List thread - 7/21/2009 12:09:52 AM   
IronWarrior

Hehe yeah diplomats are the single most powerful unit in the game. Smartest thing I did all game was creating that monster of a diplomat... he's 2 for 2 so far with insurrections.

I still think there should be a chance to capture diplomats from nations you are at war with... would actually make capture/expel worth using. A nerf to insurrections/coups would still be a welcome change.

PPS to your PS- and that is after the Austrian diplomats already caused an insurrection in Modena and then Papal States (I think Veneto he got from the surrender treaty). Imagine being France and having everyone else's diplomats doing this every turn to you all over the map. Frustrating? I think is the word?

< Message edited by IronWarrior -- 7/21/2009 1:05:23 AM >

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 125
RE: Wish List thread - 7/21/2009 6:59:01 PM   
lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

Severe nerfing of "insurrection" missions. We are seeing in our PBEM games roving bands of CIA and Green Beret backed Diplomats overthrowing countries left and right in a very unrealistic fashion.

Its also being done by parties defeated in war to the victor, which should immediately provide another case for war. I think "offensive" diplomatic missions should be forbidden as part of an alliance or enforced peace agreement.

If I already posted this, I apologize. We just had a 3 turn spree of insurrections in our Another PBEM game. Its really bad. France causes insurrection in Swedish Holland, next turn Turkey causes insurrection in Prussian Bavaria, last turn France causes insurrection in English Flanders.

PS I forgot to mention that Holland became Swedish in the first place by an insurrection from France followed by invasion. As we speak in the same game multiple Austrian diplomats are trying insurrection in French Naples every turn.

Yeah, its completely unrealistic. There is absolutely no point in having an army in this game, as it can never leave it's borders. The insurrections are basically impossible to defend against (the first time Bavaria revolted, there was the best part of 400,000 Prussian troops there). You can't defend with diplomats as the "attacking" diplomat will always have the jump on the defender.. The independent state will then frequently cut off your supply depots, even if they were deep in otherwise friendly territory. There are no consequences really for the attacker either. Who cares if you lose influence? There should be SEVERE repucussions should coups / insurrections fail - after all, look what happened to Rosa Luxemburg after the Spartacist revolt failed in 1919. The diplomat should attempt a coup etc at a severe risk to his life, and a severe risk to friendly NM / Glory too if he fails (oh, the shame, the shame). It should also be impossible to cause your allies or those you at at enforced peace to revolt. Another possible solution is to have the expel order work for the entire nation (incl protectorates and conquered lands), not just a single province / nation?

As it is, it's possible (indeed advisable) to spam attempts, which IMO is a bit gamey and unhistorical.

Probably going to give the pbem a miss after this game, until this issue is fixed in a patch.

< Message edited by lenin -- 7/21/2009 7:10:27 PM >

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 126
RE: Wish List thread - 7/21/2009 9:05:06 PM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: lenin

Probably going to give the pbem a miss after this game, until this issue is fixed in a patch.

House rule is in order to prevent this situation. Its being voted on 2 years into PBEM 109 since not much has happened yet. I sincerely hope everyone agrees on the need.

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 127
RE: Wish List thread - 7/23/2009 10:13:44 PM   
IronWarrior

Request that Glory penalties for default on treaty be set back to -40. At -4, it can too easily be absorbed and ignored.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 128
RE: Wish List thread - 7/23/2009 11:58:51 PM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

Request that Glory penalties for default on treaty be set back to -40. At -4, it can too easily be absorbed and ignored.

Agreed.

Were the costs of canceling a treaty similarly reduced? If so this makes it quite profitable to backstab your allies, which should be discouraged greatly by game mechanics.

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 129
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 12:38:33 AM   
Anthropoid

Waitaminute! Wasn't it YOUZE GUYS who asked for the penalties for treaty violations to be slacked off in the first place!?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 130
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 12:45:25 AM   
IronWarrior

No. The Glory penalties were being directed at the wrong party. This was fixed, but for some reason the penalties were excessively nerfed (IMO).

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 131
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 3:13:03 AM   
06 Maestro

Rename Constantinople to Istanbul. If I'm not mistaken, that's what the inhabitants called the place for 3 hundred years before the Napoleonic era.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 132
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 3:14:43 AM   
Anthropoid

Funny thing: I just had my first experience getting hit by insurrection by the AI  Didn't even realize that all those south central Russian provinces were actually a posession "Ekatarinaslav" or some such. Damn Turkish AI took out a chunk in one turn!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 133
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 5:56:53 AM   
lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Funny thing: I just had my first experience getting hit by insurrection by the AI  Didn't even realize that all those south central Russian provinces were actually a posession "Ekatarinaslav" or some such. Damn Turkish AI took out a chunk in one turn!

I think you will find a lot of Russia is conquered territory. Now, unless you have a diplomat in place in every one of those territories, you have absolutely no chance whatsoever to prevent this from happening to half your starting country......

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 134
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 7:28:57 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Now, unless you have a diplomat in place in every one of those territories, you have absolutely no chance whatsoever to prevent this from happening to half your starting country......

Pete I'm not too sure this is correct as in the 1st game where I played Russia I had Prussian and Turkish Diplomates kicked out of Russian conquered Territories close to their respective bourders, and the same has happened to my Diplomates working in other nations Conquered or Protecterate provinces where there was no home grown Diplomate present

I tend where practical to leave a Diplomate (with highest Legal) on Capture/Expel at home and have had other nations Diplomates kicked out of Conquered territories & Protectorates (in Russias case they can hardly get to Russias home provinces without wasting a lot of time movement wise :-) ) and the same has happened to my Diplomates.

Anyhow thats my experiance.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 135
RE: Wish List thread - 7/24/2009 2:47:05 PM   
guctony

I wish something totaly different.

when I played Cog I likes it so much so I bought Fof and liked even more. Actually when played alot you see bits of good parts of many other old good games. like panzer general 2, No greater glory etc. even something form L'Empreror the finest Koei game I had played alot. When I played Cog and Fof it was like seeing an old friend again. And being very happy about it. Actually it was like seeing an old friend who improved himself alot. Well after a very long time the style of the games are very appealing very vivid I enjoyed alot. Thats for that feeling WCG people.

And For my wish is future oriented. Please design A game Like panzer general like COG and Like FoF connected to each other. A game with unit improvement, special traits, all historical general from Border of USA to maybe japan. with the ability of detailed Battle. I thing it will hit me again.

Thanks for the great games.

Guctony

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 136
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 1:15:35 AM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

Rename Constantinople to Istanbul. If I'm not mistaken, that's what the inhabitants called the place for 3 hundred years before the Napoleonic era.

I googled this really quickly and apparently it was called Constantinople by the west up until very recently (the 20th century).

So calling it "Constantinople" might be correct.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 137
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 3:33:54 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

quote:

I googled this really quickly and apparently it was called Constantinople by the west up until very recently (the 20th century).

So calling it "Constantinople" might be correct.

Yes, outsiders continued to refer to it in that way, but not the rulers, owners, and inhabitants. I read someplace that the new government of Turkey made a formal request that other nations refer to Istanbul as Istanbul just after WW1. I seem to recall that the city was renamed in 1453 just after the Ottomans conquered the area. This is not a case of calling Munchen Munich. This is a blatant racist and religious offense to the good people of the O.E. They took the place fair and square after hundreds of years of struggle-it was their to name.

Addit: Perhaps this is something that could be taken up at the U.N in New Amsterdam.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 7/25/2009 3:35:18 AM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 138
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 4:02:45 AM   
Anthropoid

Funny "aside"  . . . in a PBEM match of the "Next War" scenario for Civ4 BTS (futuristic Global Warfare map, not very realistic, but kinda fun) I was playing "Southern Powers" and I nuked, then sacked "Istanbul" or "Constantinople" or whatever it was. However, my opponents culture boundary was strong enough there that the tiles with the ruins did not pop into my border. So my opponent rebuilt the "city" and named it "Scipio's Grave" (Scipio Africanus being my "handle" on some other sites).

I think Istanbul/Constantinople in the game should be renamed "Scipio's Grave." Much more entertaining than some age-old "racist" bickering!

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 139
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 4:11:28 AM   
Mus

quote:

Yes, outsiders continued to refer to it in that way, but not the rulers, owners, and inhabitants. I read someplace that the new government of Turkey made a formal request that other nations refer to Istanbul as Istanbul just after WW1.

I read that even the turks called it a derivative of Constantinople and that Istanbul just means "in the city" and that it wasnt until 1930 that they officially requested other countries start calling it Istanbul.

Anyways: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=52638666

< Message edited by Mus -- 7/25/2009 6:47:51 AM >

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 140
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 6:12:44 AM   
Anthropoid

I remember that song! That video is really 80s

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 141
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 6:32:23 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

I think Istanbul/Constantinople in the game should be renamed "Scipio's Grave." Much more entertaining than some age-old "racist" bickering!

Sure, that's fine. After all, those hundred or more Caesars and Sultans who ruled from there don't deserve a city after them. But you? The Poid? Of course!

On second (or is it 3rd)thought; Istanbul seems more reasonable. I mean, its not like the Turks named every good sized town Istanbul.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 142
RE: Wish List thread - 7/25/2009 8:41:02 AM   
guctony

Ok if you are up to history lesson

Here it is. First name to the old city was given in B.C. 658 By Megaraen king of Byzas who also founded the city It was called Byzantion because of the his name that time.
Later at the time of Romen emperor Marcus Avrelius it was called "Antion" regarding his father in law.
When Byzantium emperor Constantin re-build the city He gave his name to city. often called constantin or constantinapolis. Arabs pronouced it a bit different. like constantny.
Later after greek thinking and language become effective in the city they called a shorter name Stin-polis derived forum (Con-ST-ant-IN-o-POLIS).
It is widely regarded that Istanbul is derived from that name.
When Turks "ottomans" conqured City they called it "Islambol" for a while. which means City of Islam.
current name is cumulative of "Stin-polis" and "Islambol" Istanbul.
I have to mention someting else.
When Turks captured city. Accually The people who captured were Ottoman not Turks. While being Turk in heritage. They were grown in to a mixed heritage. Even we can say that at the time of capture of Istanbul They feeled like they are natural continiuty of Byzantium. Unlike many Islamic people they were respectfull to different cultures and not shy to copy what is neccesary to improve their nation. Many traditions were collective of their conquests.

I am telling these because there is actually no differance between calling constantinapolis or istanbul. The differance is in our Brains.
I suggest you to call istanbul because it is a natural evolution of the original name not something that stamped later.

The city captured at 1453. 300 years later calling it contantin is not so interesting I belive.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 143
RE: Wish List thread - 8/8/2009 1:41:38 AM   
tennysonbull

add to "COG2Players" a field to allow modders to specify a monarch portrait from the graphics file "Monarchs.pcx"

I find all too often when playing the 1792 and 1796 scenarios as the french that i have no monarch portrait in the diplomatic overview screen and that it is rare that the one I see is not the "Napoleon in royal pajamas" that is #9 in Monarchs.pcx

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 144
RE: Wish List thread - 8/8/2009 7:29:28 PM   
barbarossa2

1. Anyone noticed that Lorraine's captial (Strasbourgh) has a capital marker?

2. Perhaps make port attacks more difficult. I just had my a&$ handed to me as the French player in a 1792 game by the British who conducted a port raid on "Marseille". If it had been that easy to destroy the French fleet in port raids, surely the British would have been doing this historically. They will have me wiped out by 1794 if they keep it up. It certainly wasn't for lack of agressiveness on behalf of British admirals that this wasn't done (see the close blockade of Brest for good examples of the harsh conditions that one admiral was willing to impose on his men to accomplish this goal, see also the forcing of the Dardanelles and Bosporous (thought I have forgotten which year)).

3. At the moment, it takes 2-3 months to hire a full division and place it in the field with adequate morale. However, getting replacements trained for losses from the division with adequate morale can take 8-16 months. There should be a harmonization of the two problems. Perhaps you can build a division just as quickly as you do now, but it doesn't hit its maximum (regular) morale for a year after construction (representing the men getting used to depending on each other--"Esprit de Corps").

(in reply to tennysonbull)
Post #: 145
RE: Wish List thread - 8/8/2009 8:42:07 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Re 2

For starters English ships have a higher Moral factor than french and the composition of the fleet did include 9 1st rates, with Nelson + a 'Quality Admiral'

Counting the dots there were 54 french ships in Marseillies before the attack, there are now 37, Hoods fleet went in 30 strong (all fully fit at 10) and came out with 20 many of them now needing repair.

Some of the french ships in Marseilles were already damaged from their Training exersice v the Danish fleet, so on balance B2 with the guns of the Port adding to french fire power maybe you should just be greatfull that the battle didn't take place at sea!

I think somehow that, historically, questions may well have been asked by their Lordships of the Admiralty re the High loss ratio.

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 8/8/2009 8:49:38 PM >

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 146
RE: Wish List thread - 8/8/2009 9:25:38 PM   
Mus

Regarding the port raid, a port with a good level of guns can be pretty dicey to attack. I'm guessing Marseilles doesn't have a high level of guns.

Also, looks like the Brits won the wind gauge. I experimented with a port raid against a decently gunned port in Another PBEM and got beat up pretty good (pretty sure because I lost the wind gauge). Wind gauge is really important.

In a recent battle with the Spanish in Another PBEM despite having better quality ships, Nelson in charge, etc. I barely won a battle, again probably because I lost the windgauge.

< Message edited by Mus -- 8/8/2009 9:27:49 PM >

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 147
RE: Wish List thread - 8/16/2009 11:16:42 AM   
Mus

I would like it if powers didn't lose control of the troops or ships of protectorates when they lose control of the Protectorate, unless their national morale also drops below -500.

This would allow for the KGL, French Polish troops and other "protectorate" forces that stuck with their side after the fall of their homelands.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 148
RE: Wish List thread - 8/18/2009 12:09:56 AM   
Mus

A "hotfix" for the Feudal levy overnerf rather than have to wait a long time for a new patch.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 149
RE: Wish List thread - 8/18/2009 10:56:40 PM   
Mus

A small amount of land experience to be awarded as a result of sieges, and fame awarded to commanding officers of sieges.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: Wish List thread Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI