Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Mouse/Game Lag

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Mouse/Game Lag Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/26/2009 4:02:06 PM   
Dreadnaught

Has any progress been made with regards to the lag? I have the same issue and have been waiting until it's resolved. I havn't tried hadberz's trick yet.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 61
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/26/2009 4:06:22 PM   
jspickernell

I too still have the problem - ishadberz suggesting that the disable should be set on to avoid the lag or cause it?

(in reply to Dreadnaught)
Post #: 62
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/26/2009 4:59:29 PM   
hadberz

Having disable visual themes set on causes severe lag on my computer in the trade and military screens. So don't have it checked.

(in reply to jspickernell)
Post #: 63
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/26/2009 8:25:06 PM   
ericbabe

We have made good progress in testing at resolving the lag issue that some people are experiencing.  We need to do final testing, but I hope we can release the first update soon.

That's interesting about visual themes.  For people who are having performance issues in Vista, what are your performance scores in the Performance Information screen?  (Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Performance Information and Tools)  I'm surprised that turning the themes "on" is what speeds up the game.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 64
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/26/2009 11:59:22 PM   
hadberz

I did some testing on my sons computer, pretty much the same setup just i have newer hardware. The disable visual themes has no effect on CoG EE with it. I now suspect that the problem might be caused by one of my themes changing apps. I have the Object desktop suite from Stardock installed i.e Windowblinds, My Colors. I do not have this installed on my sons computer and I have no issues at all on his computer with CoG EE.

Anyone else with lag have any of the Stardock apps installed?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 65
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/27/2009 2:03:44 PM   
Ugrok

I have the same problem, especially with complex economy. Im on Vista 32.

I have another problem : when i launch the game, scrolling using the middle mouse button, or placing the cursor near the edges of the screen, work perfectly ; but as soon as i enter the military advisor section, and i click on one of the corps, when i go back to the main map mouse scrolling doesnt work anymore AT ALL : no edge scrolling, no middle mouse button scrolling.

And the last province i selected before entering military advisor menu stays highlighted in green, no matter where i click.

After i end the turn, everything gets back to normal.

I must say the game is running slowly, scrolling is slow, battle movements feel slow too ; heck, even clicking somewhere feels slow : i click and the button is highlighted only a second or so later, especially in the military advisor section, where i must click like 4 times to get anything selected. My computer specs should be far than enough to handle it though : Dual Core 2,6 ; GeForce 8800 GTX ; 2 gigs of Ram.

(in reply to hadberz)
Post #: 66
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/30/2009 3:56:26 PM   
ericbabe

Can you describe in great detail what you are doing in the military advisor screen to get the no scrolling / green province behavior?  Playing Austria in 1792, I tried to reproduce this by (1) pressing the "Military" button, (2) seeing the "Inspecting All Units" screen, (3) selecting a corps by left clicking on it, (4) closing the screen with the "OK" button.  I don't see either the no scroll or green province problem.

(in reply to Ugrok)
Post #: 67
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 3/30/2009 5:12:41 PM   
Ugrok

Ill try.

I just reproduced it 2 times.

I launch the game
I click on "local game"
I select Prussia, clicking on the "computer/human" button
I select a province - it is highlighted in green
I open the military advisor
I open the 1st Army by clicking on the "+" icon
I click on one of the units in that "1st Army"
Sometimes i click, it makes a sound but doesnt select the unit im clicking on ; maybe cause im clicking on the name, or i dont know why
I exit military screen and the province stays highlighted, no matter where i click on the map + scrolling with the mouse doesnt work anymore.

Just did it 2 times, ill try it again to find more about it.

Okay : edit :

It isnt country related. Did it again with Austria. I tried the following :

opening the military advisor, then closing it : no problem.
opening the military advisor, selecting a unit without getting into "sub units" : no problem
opening the military advisor, opening the container with the "+" icons, clicking on a "sub unit" : IF the sub unit is selected, and i close the military advisor, no problem ; but if i get the sound of the selection, and the unit isn't selected, i have the highlight bug + scroll bug.

Hope that helps.

< Message edited by Ugrok -- 3/30/2009 5:16:39 PM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 68
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 4/6/2009 2:44:36 PM   
jhdeerslayer

For whatever it is worth, and maybe old news, but I have the scroll lag on Advanced Economy only (Simple works great) with my XP, 2G Ram, 9800GTX+ video card machine.  I'm still leanrnng the game, and waiting for the first patch, before I get to serious so not a big problem for me now.

(in reply to Ugrok)
Post #: 69
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 4/17/2009 6:21:40 PM   
HobbesACW

I have only tried the naval battles so far but also see a large mouse lag. Using the buttons to scroll is not so bad.
Also when slightly zoomed out movement and target orders are often ignored - not sure if this is connected?
(I noticed this especially in a port attack).

Cheers, Chris

(in reply to Dreadnaught)
Post #: 70
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 5/1/2009 12:17:06 AM   
Rossj

Is there going to be a patch that addresses the mouse lag and if so when?

(in reply to TheOx)
Post #: 71
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 5/9/2009 11:24:56 AM   
Rossj

No
It appears to be related to the advanced economy
The more improvements you make, the more regions you have, the greater the lag
At least this is the situation on my vista notebook
I have not tried on my xp desktop
I'll try it out and see
Post #: 72
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 5/9/2009 8:11:50 PM   
Rossj

I checked the other computer...lag is a big issue on it as well
#1 Toshiba notebook, intel dual core 1.6/1.6, 4G RAM, NVidia 7600 GO (248M dedicated and shared), Vista 32
#2 HP desktop, amd athalon 2.2, 4G RAM, ATI Radeon 512M dedicated, Windows XP

(in reply to Rossj)
Post #: 73
RE: Mouse/Game Lag - 5/10/2009 5:23:28 AM   
Gil R.

It's fixed in the patch that comes out in the very near future.

(in reply to Rossj)
Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Mouse/Game Lag Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI