Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cat names... hey, it's on topic :)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Cat names... hey, it's on topic :) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cat names... hey, it's on topic :) - 10/18/2000 5:58:00 AM   
Latka

K - we've got 2 cats, and I'm sure you guys will appreciate the names: Panzer & Tiger. Thing is, my girlfriend picked up another stray today, and I was given permission to give him another German tank name. He's a little black kitty, but she kinda scoffed at Königstiger. Any suggestions, German armor buffs? Unfortunately it has to be kinda easy to say, or at least "shorten-able" so she'll think it's somewhat cute. Thanks! -Andy

Post #: 1
- 10/18/2000 6:00:00 AM   
Don Doom

stug, leo, puma don

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 2
- 10/18/2000 6:03:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

I would call it Panther... FAP ------------------ Fabio Prado [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Webmaster - The ARMOR Site!

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 3
- 10/18/2000 6:06:00 AM   
Latka

Dang. You guys hopped on this one quick She likes "Leo" and "Puma"... so I think she'll choose between those two. I'll keep you updated as to the status of "Operation Who Are You" -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 4
- 10/18/2000 6:10:00 AM   
silentsurfer

I was always partial to Jagd or Stu. I also think Nashorn (Nash for short) is good. Surfer

what the ....

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 5
- 10/18/2000 6:11:00 AM   
Latka

I threw all the ones I knew (not many) at her and she kinda rolled her eyes....but, I'll see if I can get her to commit to Leo or Puma. -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 6
- 10/18/2000 7:12:00 AM   
Tom_Davie

One word (and I think it fits); Maus Tom

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 7
- 10/18/2000 10:02:00 AM   
warhead

Lynx

Backstage at the '76 Mr.Olympia: Serge Nubrut to Arnold "I look like I can take you"...Arnold "keep looking"

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 8
- 10/18/2000 11:46:00 AM   
Lars Remmen

Marten (Marder) ------------------ Lars Nec Timide - Nec Temere

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 9
- 10/18/2000 12:10:00 PM   
crazyivan

well my name would have to be HEZTER small but was agood tank killer. i think i splet it right.

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 10
- 10/18/2000 1:04:00 PM   
Latka

Tom, I tried to go for Maus, but she didn't like it. Ugh! I guess I can't complain *too* much. I've already got a Tiger and a Panzer -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 11
- 10/18/2000 1:39:00 PM   
Arralen

Okay, here we go: "Hetzer" .. "hunter (lit."hurrier") - sorry crazyvan, near miss only "Marder" .. "??", sorry, no cat, relative of weasel "Wiesel" .. see "Marder" also .. .. naming a cat after it's most dangerous foe (after the car, that is ) seems strange to me .. "Maus" .. you wouldn't call a cat "Mouse", would you ?! "Luchs" .. Lynx "Puma" .. aren't those black ?? I would go for "Puma" ... Stefan

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 12
- 10/18/2000 8:07:00 PM   
Windo von Paene

No, I think that Puma is another word for Mountain Lion which is another name for Cougar. They are not black...

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 13
- 10/19/2000 2:08:00 AM   
Fabs

My two cats are called Alvin & Floyd. I know it's no help, but from one cat-lover to another... A bit of lateral thinking: why not give it a tank name, but from another country? Your girlfriend might think that Sherman or Cromwell would make quite dignified names... T34, ont the other hand..., perhaps not. There is always "Honey", the British name for the Stuart. If they get into a fight, it would be intersting to see if they perform according to their name. P.S. I also have a dog, a chocolate labrador. His name is Pougatschov (Pougi for short), but that is another story. ------------------ Fabs

Fabs

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 14
- 10/19/2000 3:08:00 AM   
Tom Proudfoot

My family's dog when I was little was named Rommel. A German Shepherd, naturally. Tom

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 15
- 10/19/2000 3:14:00 AM   
Billy Yank

I think you should name the kitty: PzKpfw-IVf2 Listen how it just rolls off the the toungue. You could call him "Pzz" for short. :lol ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 16
- 10/19/2000 8:43:00 AM   
Latka

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I think you folks are right... I'll try some other names like "Sherman" and such. Poor (new) kitty went off to the vet today to get his kitty jewels snipped off. All he can do is fire smoke rounds now. -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 17
- 10/19/2000 10:10:00 AM   
Randy

When I was a kid my dad let me name our German Shephard. I named him Stuka. I thought it sounded traditional. Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 18
- 10/19/2000 10:21:00 AM   
degen

I kinda like Sturm, she might think you mean Storm and go for it. Nothing like a little subtle deception...

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 19
- 10/19/2000 12:52:00 PM   
von Curow

If you wanna get away from tank names, there is always "Blitz."

The closer you are to Caesar, the greater the fear.

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 20
- 10/20/2000 12:49:00 AM   
Fabs

Yes, absolutely. And what about "Valkyrie"? ------------------ Fabs

Fabs

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 21
- 3/16/2001 7:51:00 AM   
Latka

Sorry to dig in the trash for an old topic... but thought someone might get a kick out of an update. :) Pershing is now HUGE compared to Panzer, and on his way to being Tiger's size. The initial advantage that Panzer had in size and speed have since been stripped away. Now when they go at it it's a toss-up as to who's going to come out on top. ...and, 'cause they're both black cats, it's hard to score the match! I'm working on Allison for our next cat, whenever that comes... I'm trying to suggest Stuart, but we'll see how that goes. I still can't believe she's let me name 3 cats after tanks (well, Panzer is kinda "loose", but hey...close enough!) -Andy

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 22
- 3/16/2001 7:45:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

It wears a black coat and you wish to keep the german armour theme: Totenkopfh may be appropriate.

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 23
- 3/17/2001 1:11:00 PM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by Panzer Captain: It wears a black coat and you wish to keep the german armour theme: Totenkopfh may be appropriate.
Or perhaps Wiking. I'm not the best person to ask though. Being a computer networking geek, I named my cat "5". (Please tell me someone understands what CAT5 is so I know I've not completely lost it.)

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 24
- 3/17/2001 7:45:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

OUCH!!!! THAT IS REALLY BAD!!! LOL! Haupt

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 25
- 3/18/2001 4:54:00 AM   
Figmo

Great ideas - so many to choose from!! I like Maus because our 2 year old has a stuffed dog named CAT - long story - so why not!! Just for Ruxius I have to add "Carro" - Italian CV33 Tankette!! :D Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 26
- 3/18/2001 5:08:00 AM   
Reg

quote:

Originally posted by USMCGrunt: Being a computer networking geek, I named my cat "5". (Please tell me someone understands what CAT5 is so I know I've not completely lost it.)
We use Category 5 for aircraft with irrepairable damage - a write off. Appropriate perhaps?? :p Reg.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 27
- 3/18/2001 5:24:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

quote:

Originally posted by Reg: We use Category 5 for aircraft with irrepairable damage - a write off. Appropriate perhaps?? :p Reg.
Never thought of that one Reg, but it certainly fits this idiot cat. Actually, the CAT5 I was thinking of is a type of computer netwrok cable used with Ethernet networks. Guess I really am a geek. God, what will my old Marine Corps buddies say?

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 28
- 3/18/2001 5:33:00 AM   
ruxius

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: Just for Ruxius I have to add "Carro" - Italian CV33 Tankette!! :D Figmo
Yeah Figmo ! It sounds good ! ..but I fear you have also to add that , then they should provide him with an additional armor to protect him from dog's AT-claws ! (to be historically correct !) (unfortunately..I mean..) As regards the new kitty I suggest to look at its skills..if he is very interested in hunting birds I will try to call him 88AA ("mm" if you want to give to him a surname..) (Pronunciation : aeetee-aeetee-ai-ai ) ( so you call him..and you sing a song at the same time ! MARVELLOUS ! :D ) Leo and Puma..are very cool nick names ! I approve ! I like Maus too but I think it's too offensive for a warrior cat ! Bye

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 29
- 3/18/2001 7:04:00 AM   
ruxius

quote:

We use Category 5 for aircraft with irrepairable damage - a write off. Reg USMCGrunt Never thought of that one Reg, but it certainly fits this idiot cat.
"idiot cat" ahahahahah.. if you need a comparative example of what CAT5 can't do , I invite you to come and meet MICIA...in computer therms so that you better understand me it stands to a Penthium III 600 Mhz processor as case's button you press to reset..in other words : when you look at her...my mind is set to zero.... and I start vegetating... :D :D :D well : Micia is my cat...

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Latka)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Cat names... hey, it's on topic :) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI