Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Taiwan 2015 ....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Taiwan 2015 .... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Taiwan 2015 .... - 3/12/2009 2:48:22 AM   
GavinP

Guys,

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem w/ PLA paratroopers.

I've started this scenario twice, and on both occasions have been unable to use my Chinese para forces.

In my first bash at the scen. I used amphibious landing forces to secure two bridgeheads before attempting to land para forces north and south of my positions. The poor buggers couldn't even fly over southern China before getting shot out of the sky.

I even tried to fly them to ports in southern China to be shipped to the island, but still was not able to make them do anything. They still kept getting shot down well inside Chinese airspace.

In my second attempt I tried to use them as the initial invasion force - to take ports and confuse the Taiwanese forces. Again, even from turn 1 they couldn't even leave Chinese airspace.

The scen. guide says to use them, but how on Earth are you meant to that if they can't go anywhere.

I will say that I did not take the outlying islands of Kinmen and Penghu before landing, or attempting to land on Taiwan proper - could this make a differance?

I live in Taiwan and was quite looking forward to playing this scenario.

GavinP
Post #: 1
RE: Taiwan 2015 .... - 3/12/2009 3:05:53 AM   
faust10

i played that scenario on pbem as china, we agreed that everything was valid so i used paras untill turn 2 or 3 and in the first one i just raided his airfields or destroyed them with the icbms that pretty much got him without airforce and never got any issues with paratroopers getting shot down
cheers

(in reply to GavinP)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Taiwan 2015 .... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI