Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EXTRA costs charged by UPS upon dleivery!!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> EXTRA costs charged by UPS upon dleivery!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EXTRA costs charged by UPS upon dleivery!!!!!!! - 5/16/2002 9:32:49 PM   
cverbrug

Hey all,

Just got a phonecall from my flatmate UPS delivered the game. GREAT.

BUT , they forced him to pay around 20 USD extra costs for shipping, while i had already paid around 30 USD to matrix for the same thing. Whats going on here? Is this a trick of Matrix or from UPS to get quickly rich?
Anyway, i intend to pay only once shipping costs. What to do now to get this money back?

Did the same happened to anyone else?

Regards,
Christophe
Post #: 1
Give Matrix a break guys! - 5/16/2002 9:36:57 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Complaints are one thing, accusations are another. I personally don't trust "the Brown". I think problems such as this should be addressed to the Matrix Sales Desk.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 2
- 5/16/2002 9:44:45 PM   
David Heath

This is tax or duty that your country charges and has nothing to d owith Matrix Games. It is posted on our store and we have added a new feature that warns you when you order. To avoid these charge by from one of our dealers.

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 3
- 5/19/2002 4:27:20 PM   
JDDT

Well, you can not really AVOID this cost by buying from European Dealers, as they have to add Value Added Tax (VAT) to their prices as well. It is just a matter of comparing the US prices with the European prices, and you just have to take into account that the European prices already contain the standard VAT, while it is added to the imported games upon importing by the customs office. You just pay the same percentage of VAT that you would pay when buying a computer game in a store your homeland.
All that could be avoided are the ca. 4% tax for importing CDs, which would not be charged if the CDs were printed here in Europe.
Kind regards
JDDT

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 4
- 5/19/2002 4:53:12 PM   
dgaad

Doesn't it make anybody sick that governments do this crapola?

Whatever happened to Free Trade?

"Oh, you want to buy a game? Sure, just let me double the cost first. There you go. Now, that's the price you pay for "civilization"."

The people create civilization, not governments. Governments have done more to screw up civilization than any other type of organization.

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 5
- 5/19/2002 4:54:52 PM   
dgaad

Notice Christophe, UPS, and his flatmate's first instinct was to blame a private company. Last thing that entered their mind was that it was a government tax charge. Sad, but typical. No offense Christophe.

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 6
- 5/19/2002 5:35:36 PM   
Speedysteve

Yup I know what you mean!

I saw a UPS delivery note when I got home from work on thursday.

I was like "ooh, seems that UV has got here quick". Then I saw handwritten on the note was £19.42 to pay on delivery! I was shocked but thought ok I understand why! Then to make matters worse I ring UPS to find out when they would try and re-deliver UV (everyone was out at work when they originally tried to deliver) and I was told that they would attempt to re-deliver tomorrow (friday) between 9 and 2.

I said "well thats no good coz there'll be no one here, can't you deliver next door or something?" (this is the bit that gets me)

"To transfer delivery address will take a couple of days!"

I said "why would it take a couple of days (hence, delivery on monday) to deliver to my next door neighbour?"

"Sorry, sir its just that it will take that time to enter onto our system and for this address to reach our depot".

By this stage I was a cross between slightly miffed and laughing at the inflexibility of modern systems and companies.

So net result i'm paying £19.42 extra and won't be getting the game at my work place until monday! ***By the way I don't blame Matrix for any of this*** But to make matters worse i'm out seeing Star Wars on monday night = little UV playing time. Its tempting to say to my girlfriend "sorry darling can we go another night?" ;) However, I would get severly accosted for that!

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 7
- 5/19/2002 5:38:07 PM   
Henri

Christophe, sound to me like you are in Canada lime me.If so, what your friend probably paid was "brokerage fees". Last week I paid a $46 fee to UPS for Starships Unlimited.

I am not sure who gets this money, the govrnment or UPS. In the case of Canada, I suspect that it may be retliation for the lumber tax imposed by the US on Canadian wood.If so, it means that the Canadian Government is getting back at the US by kicking the butt of Canadians...

There is a Canadian distributor indicated in a sticky message on the general forum, but they have not received the game yet and they are closed on Monday due to the Holiday of the Queen's birthday (Quebeckers instead celebrate Dollard des Ormaux, a small-time shady character who became famous by being massacred in a battle against the Indians -how un-PC...).

Henri

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 8
- 5/20/2002 2:41:58 AM   
McDuck

Hi all . Ah yes , UPS . Customs Canada charges $5 to clear a parcel whereas UPS either charges a flat fee or a % of the value of the goods . Which ever is higher . And it's always alot higher . The gov't gets any taxes , gst & pst , but UPS pockets any brokerage fee . And it doesn't get here all that much faster . If i have a choice i'll always opt for USPS for stuff from the US every time . Not having to put up with UPS's fees was the reason i cancelled my order with Matrix and placed it with Military Hobbies . Unfortunately i see in another posting that Dave S's order is still hung up in customs . Having export shipments pre-inspected was a stroke of genius but i guess Canada Customs has found a way around that ! ( " they're the glue that holds the gears together " - H.Simpson . ) At least it's in the country . Between Customs and Canada Post Express Shipping my order should only be weeks away from arriving ! But when it does get here i want it to be a happy memory and not one of being pissed at having to pay ransom to UPS , again . I enjoy spending money but i don't like throwing it away . That's the goverment's job .

(in reply to cverbrug)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> EXTRA costs charged by UPS upon dleivery!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI