Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game will not load.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Game will not load. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game will not load. - 3/26/2009 11:13:21 PM   
mrensing

Hello all. I have EiA installed on my home PC and patched. Works great.

I tried to install it on my laptop today so I can continue to play on a trip. The copied the serial key three times exactly from the cd face, but each time recieved the message that the cd key was invalid. Ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Game will not load. - 3/26/2009 11:16:35 PM   
DCWhitworth

The licence agreement says - "Matrix Publishing, LLC grants the original purchaser of this software package the right to use one copy of the software program." I'd argue that means you can't install one copy on two machines.

Regards
David

(in reply to mrensing)
Post #: 2
RE: Game will not load. - 3/26/2009 11:31:21 PM   
mrensing

Does this then mean that if my home pc has a meltdown I will not be able to install it on my new pc? 

Without being connected to the net and being registered I don't see how that would be the problem.  How would the cd know that the game was installed on another computer?  Am I missing something here?

As for the legalese I would read it differently...that I have the right to use one copy of the software program.  I might switch it between thirty different machines, so long as I play my one copy and do not share with others or make additional copies, I would be legal.  If that were not the case I would be paying to play the game only so long as the first pc I installed it on still functioned.  I would feel rather silly paying fifty dollars to play a game if my pc crashed a day later. 

Regardless, this is tech support not legal support, though the powers that be may feel free to clarify.  Any ideas why the cd would not recognize the key?

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Game will not load. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI