Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attempt for European Supremacy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attempt for European Supremacy. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/11/2009 12:38:20 AM   
terje439

Turn 19

Meeting Room 1200 hrs, Royal Palace, Vienna

The King: What is so important that I have to attend another of these boring meetings?
Foreign Advisor: We have prepared this report for you Sire!

The King: I'll try some ruler to ruler diplomacy. Dismissed!

Red-carrier pidgeon room, Royal Palace, Vienna

The King writes a message and attaches it to one of the pidgeons that are bred and raised in Paris. The message reads;

Austria is hereby issuing a warning to Ironwarrior of France. Austria will not tolerate French troops and dilpomats trying to seize control over the bootshaped area!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 5/11/2009 12:40:58 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 31
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/12/2009 11:53:28 AM   
terje439

Turn 20

Royal bedchamber, Royal Palace, Vienna

*A servant enters and delivers a message to the king, then leaves.*

Minister of Internal affairs, in writing: Please read the attached report Sire, things are moving against us. I have talked to the Foreign Minister, and he informs me that Britain has promised support in case of a war with France, however at the same time Britain, Preussia and France are negotiating a treaty of enforced peace, so we need to see what happens.
But it seems war is imminent.

*edit* Text in picture should read "...in case France...", not "...in France.."

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 5/12/2009 11:54:48 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 32
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/16/2009 10:22:59 AM   
terje439

Turn 21

Royal Palace, planning room, Vienna

The King: Thank you for coming. I need to talk to you.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and War Minister in unison: Yes Sire?
The King: There's a feeling I get when I look to the west,
And my spirit is crying for leaving.
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who stand looking. *
The King: France has seized power in Venezia. Move our armies to the French armies, and deliver a Declaration of War to France. Tell our men that we are at war with France!
Minister of Foreign Affairs and War Minister in unison: Yes Sire!

* Lyrics by Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 33
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/17/2009 11:38:43 PM   
terje439

Turn 22

Royal Palace, Red-carrier pidgeon room

The King attaches a note to the foot of a pidgeon and watches as the pidgeon is heading in a WNW-direction.
The pidgeon on the other hand cannot wait to bother/bomb tourists at the Tower of London.

Now the King can only wait, if no predators attacks the pidgeon, and the King of England sees the war against France as something in Britains interest, then money might arrive by British ships soon. If not...Well then we need to make this a short war the King thinks as he heads back down into the throne room.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 34
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/18/2009 12:15:54 AM   
terje439

Turn 22.5

Royal Palace, Red-carrier pidgeon room

The King recieves a note from a pidgeon that just flew in. The note reads as follows:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 35
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/21/2009 4:16:29 AM   
terje439

Turn 23

Royal Palace, King's retreat*, Vienna

*This room should maybe be described. It holds exactly one large comfortable chair, at left side is a rather big table covered in various books all on two subjects; history or some novel of some action hero. On the right side of the chair is a smaller table containing only a huge ashtray, a lighter and some sigarettes. The walls are covered with bookcases and is well lit. There is no rug of any kind of the floor, just the wooden floor, and only one door leads in and out of the room.

*knocking on the door*
The King: Enter!
*The Minister of foreign affairs and the War Minister enters*
The King: Hrmf, Yes?
War Minister: We won two big battles against the French. In the first one the French suffered 33.000 losses, while we lost 15.000 men. In the second battle the French suffered 12.300 casualties while ours were 4.900. Huge victories. We also captured the provinces of Venezia and Illyria from France.
The King: Any prisoners?
War Minister: Yes, 2 infantry divisions, a millitia division, a cavalery division and an artillery battery. The horses from the cavalery division has been added to our stores. Unfortunately the cannons were too damaged to be salvaged.
The King: Shoot the millitia troops!
War Minister: Sire?
The King: My troops will shoot someone today, you or the militia?!
War Minister: Yes Sire. It will be done.
Minister of Foreign affairs: I had our agents in France make inquiries, it seems the regime is loosing popularity, 939 in a 1000 is against the war. Seems they might surrender soon! But I have other news as well, Preussia has issued a Declaration of War on Brunswick.
The King: I see. Now leave me!
*The ministers leave the room*

30 minutes later the sound of rifle fire can be heared throughout Vienna.
(OOC: Gain upgrade Target Practice 1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 36
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/23/2009 12:55:02 PM   
terje439

Turn 24

Vienna Main Street

Austrian Noble #1: It is so hard to get any decent food, wine and clothes. The King should do something!
Austrian Noble #2: So true, everyone I've talked to are equally angry about the situation. I'm even running out of fine China, soon I'll have to start do the dishes instead of using new China for every meal!
Austrian Noble #1: *shivers* This cannot go on!

Royal Palace, Vienna

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Sire, our nations morale is dropping due to shortages of every luxury there is, while the French are increasingly happy. It seems they love their leader, this IronWarrior as he calls himself. What should we do?
The King: We need to force another big battle and win another big victory, that should do the trick!
Minister of covert operations: Sire, we know that a French spy is using his talents to try to increase the cost of the war for us, and we also intercepted an enemy emmisary on his way to Turkey. He was carrying the following document, and he stated that several others like him had been sent to Turkey to make sure atleast one of them arrived safely.

The King: Now THAT might be problematic. Well, we need a swift victory in France, if that fails we will need to surrender to Turkey if they issue a Declaration of War on us. By a quick surrender we should not lose too much. I know that Ruler Matto of Turkey is skilled, but how skilled is not yet determined.
Well, you may leave now, I will need to think about the chaneg of events.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 5/23/2009 12:56:09 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 37
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/26/2009 8:12:20 PM   
terje439

Turn 25

Royal Forest, just outside Vienna

The King: So how is the war going? And is there anything else I need to know?
Minister of Foreign Affairs: I am sorry to say Sire that France staged a coup in the Papacy.
The King: WHAT!? Send an army into the bootshaped area immediately!
War Minister: We have successfully besieged Turin. 10.000 French militia were killed. But I am fearful of what the two French fleets in the Adriatic are up to. But I will send out orders for our armies to ...
The King: SHH!

*a shot is heard, a deer falls to the ground*

The King: Ah, now my dinner is secured!
Minister of Foreign Affairs and War Minister in unison: Nice shooting Sire!
The King: Send one army into Romagna and the rest into Dauphiny. The more French territories under our control before they sue for peace the better.
*another shot is heard, another deer falls to the ground*
The King: YES! Today I will have my favorite dinner. Stuffed deer!
War Minister: Might I ask what you stuff it with Sire?
The King: That second deer of course! Now, how did those scoundrels on our southern border reply to the French alliance offer?
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Good news there Sire, they refused the offer. We are still at peace!
The King: I knew it. The Turks are a good, decent people. I never believed they would go to war with us!
The King: Now leave me as I want to shoot me some dessert as well!

*The War Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs both leave the King to his hunting. As they leave the woods they hear several more shots. They both wonder what kind of dessert can be hunted, but none of them want to be seen as unknowing, so noone asks.*

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 38
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/27/2009 8:31:45 PM   
terje439

OOC: Anthropoid this is as far as you are allowed to read! To any other readers, this is due to Anthropoid taking over the part as Russia.

Turn 26

Royal Bedchamber, Royal Palace, Vienna, 1400 hours

*The door flies open, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs rushes into the room*
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Sire, Sire I bring dire news!
The King: zzz-zzz. Hrmf?!
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Sire, Sire I bring dire news! The Turks have declared an alliance with France and issued a declaration of war on us.
The King: WHAT!
Minister of Foreign Affairs: I am afraid it is true Sire, what should I do? Their armies are massed on our borders. It seems they just delayed answering the treaty offered by the French. What should we do?
The King: I see. Well there is no way we can fight a two front war. We will need to surrender immediately.
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Sire? But the consequences might be astronomical!
The King; They will not be. There is a major flaw in the French-Turkish plan. By lending two allready occupied provinces to Turkey, France did a mistake. By surrendering to Turkey now, we will do so in a favorable position, we control two Turkish provinces, and we have suffered no casualties to the Turkish. Any peace settlement will be very slight indeed.
Minister of Foreign Affairs: I see. Very well Sire, I will inform the Diplomatic Corps!
The King: Now be gone, I need my sleep!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 39
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/28/2009 8:39:44 AM   
terje439

Turn 27

And angry mob is located outside the gates of the Royal Palace in Vienna. The King steps out of the Palace to adress his once loyal subjects.

The Mob: We had France on her knees, why did we surrender?
The King: It seems our diplomatic corps forgot about the fact that surrendering to one faction of an alliance means surrendering to all of the alliance. But have no worries, the diplomatic corps have been shot as traitors. This was done with the new cannons all infantery divisions now have equipped! *
The Mob: So it was the politicians who are to blame?
The King: Off course, who else? I love my country! I love my countrymen! Long live Austria!
The Mob: Long live Austria! Long live the King!

The mob heads away in the search for politicians to blame instead.

* (OOC: aqquired technology: divisional artillery)

Royal Palace meeting room, Vienna

The King: Well that did not at all go like we intended. Oh well.
War Minister: Sire, we need to discuss some matters about our campaign in France. It seems our losses were mainly sustained when retreating, and from cavalry charges. We need to look at these things so we can avoid them in the future!
The King: Give all armies a direct order, from now on, when withdrawing, the best division shall remain to delay the enemy so our forces can withdraw. To the rear of this division there shall be a cavalry division. That way the army retreats past the guarding division, and when all have fallen back, the guarding division will retreat behind the cavalry. The cavalry will then break off at first possibility. *
The King: The best defence against a cavalry charge is the square formation, our divisions must train on forming the square, and also how to move in a square formation! **
War Minister: It will be done Sire!

* (OOC: aqquired technology: organised withdrawal)
**(OOC: aqquired technologies: impromptu square and mobile square)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 40
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/28/2009 10:49:53 AM   
terje439

OOC explanation of what happened in the last turn

I forgot about the fact that if two allies are at war with me, surrendering to one means surrendering two both. I only wanted to surrender to Turkey on the assumption that they would not get alot of Victory points against me (they did not, only some 1050). However that I ended up surrendering to France as well is bad, they got a staggering 3600 VP somehow which I find weird. They only killed aprox half of what they need to gain full score, and I had occupied some of their provinces and neither of us were an empire. Oh well. I am no longer the glory point leader, since I lost some 300 glory this turn. This might however be a good thing, I am no longer as big a threat, and people might see that Britain and Preussia has been lurking in the shadows. Britain is now the leader followed by Preussia and Turkey.

I have a long way back due to my extremly poor economy, I am building banks like a madman but my base income is too low. My high taxes are bad for morale, as is my lack of resources, and trading does not work well in Pbem games.

Anyway that last turn played tupsy turvy on all of Europe.
But still, the game keeps going and hopefully I can still pull a trick or two out of my sleeve

Terje

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 41
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/29/2009 4:39:27 PM   
terje439

Turn 28

Meeting room, Royal Palace, Vienna, 1200 hours
The King: So, what are the damages?
French diplomat: My liege, the Honorable IronWarrior demands the following. 1. Austria is to liberate Tuscany, 2. Austria is to liberate Lombardy, 3. Austria is to transfer rule of two of her colonies to France and 4. Austria will pay 3% of her income to France for a period of time.
Turkish diplomat: My Sire, the Great Matto demands that a) Austria pays 11% of her income to Turkey for a period of time, and b) That Austria adopts more of Turkeys ways of life, and sets her Feudalism levels to 60%.
The King: Bah, begone! But tell your rulers this, Austria will not forget this treachery from Turkey, nor the low blows delivered by France in what started as an honorable war!

Meeting room, Royal Palace, Vienna, 1400 hours
The King: How is the Army?
War Minister: I am afraid Sire, that it will take us 3 years to regain full strength!
The King: 3 YEARS!? I should have gone medival on you! If you do not leave immediately, I might take up the customs of my ancestor, Vlad Tepes!

*The War Minister hurries away, well aware how the King might react if he remains in the room. One thing is for sure however, Austria is in no position to wage war for atleast two years. Maybe now he can have some time for his hobby, the collection of roses.*

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 42
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 5/31/2009 6:58:23 AM   
terje439

Turn 29

Royal Park, Outside the Royal Palace, Vienna
The King: Well if we are to regain our supremacy over Europe, we need to build our economy. Order the construction of more banks throughout the nation!
Treasurer: But Sire, there is no money available to build anything. Next month we expect atleast some money to come in, but not alot.
The King: Well then, build banks next month!

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 43
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/1/2009 8:32:17 AM   
terje439

Turn 30

Tavern in London, same scene is seen in taverns all over Europe
Barkeep: Have you heard that Austria is not keeping her peace treaty requirements?
Drunk: Which requirement is that?
Barkeep: Noone knows, not even the Austrians!

(OOC: I am breaking some treaty, but have no idea which . I am losing 10-20 glory per turn now...)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 44
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/1/2009 9:09:46 PM   
terje439

Turn 31

Planning room, Royal Palace, Vienna
The King: A small surprise gentlemen. I delivered a Declaration of War on Lombardy last month. Get the army moving!
War Minister: Yes Sire!
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Sire, the despicable French stated a coup in Naples. They now control almost all of "the boot".
The King: This will not stand. I will send a pidgeon to Ruler IronWarrior and demand withdrawal from the area. If not...Begin planning for another war with France!
War Minister: Yes Sire.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 45
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/2/2009 2:57:34 PM   
terje439

Turn 32

Planning room, Royal Palace, Vienna

Minister of Foreign Affairs: I am sorry Sire, but it seems France to issued a declaration of war on Lombardy, and moved faster than us. Lombardy has been occupied by France.
The King: WHAT! You guys move to slow! How hard can it be to follow orders?
War Minister: I am sorry Sire, but moving an army takes time since we need to carry supplies with us.
The King: Have any of you geniuses thought about moving supplies on wagons and not by hand?
War Minister: That was a good idea Sire, I will implement it immediately! *
The King: The next advisor that brings me bad news WILL be executed. Now leave!

(* OOC: Gained technology "Mobile Supply")

< Message edited by terje439 -- 6/2/2009 2:59:20 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 46
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/3/2009 7:02:27 PM   
terje439

Turn 33

Map Room, Royal Palace, Vienna

The King: Have you finished what I ordered?
Royal Cartographer: Yes Sire, here is the new map of Europe.
The King: Good.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 47
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/3/2009 7:53:18 PM   
terje439

Turn 34

Kings private chamber, Royal Palace, Vienna.

The Royal Palace is no longer what it used to be. All around can be seen objects from a time when all of Europe was in awe of the Austrian nation, nowadays noone really cares about Austria anymore, and the Royal Palace shows signs of this. No longer is tribute sent from other nations, no longer does parties take place on a daily basis. The King is seen sitting on his own reading a report, his mouth twitches, his hands closes hard around the report before throwing it on the floor. A mouse realices that a piece of paper would be nice to have in its hive, and hurridly runs over and drags the paper back into its hole. If the mouse could read, it would likely realise the bad mood of The King...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 48
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/5/2009 1:46:47 PM   
terje439

Turn 35

A shot is heard outside the Royal Palace.

The King: What was that?
Servant: It was the War Minister Sire, he shot himself!
The King: I sense bad news..
Servant: It seems your divisions in the south managed to lose two battles against supporters of the old regime.
The King: Hmmm, guess the old geezer knew my reaction after all then...

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 49
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/9/2009 8:37:05 PM   
terje439

turn 36

Another month passes by, the population of Austria keeps getting more and more annoyed. Their main grief is the high taxation levels that is needed. Word on the street is that the king just installed a new all gold bathtub and now refuses to eat anything but caviar and drink nothing but champagne. If the commoners were to see how things really were at the Royal palace, they might have been more inclined to accept the taxes. There are no more parties at the palace, alot of the furniture is missing as it has been used for firewood. The nation is basically bankrupt...

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 50
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/10/2009 7:13:43 PM   
terje439

Turn 37

Meeting room, Royal Palace, Vienna

Head of the Diplomatic Corps: Sire, the French wants to form an alliance with us, and they also desire that we declare war on Preussia. What should I reply?
The King: Well, I have no difficulty stabbing the Preussians in the back, they have gotten fat on British support for too long now, and since Turkey is at war with Preussia, a declaration of war on Preussia from us might allow us to gain an alliance with Turkey as well. However...We will not do this without the right...incentive. Send a secret reply to Paris. We will agree to their terms if they agree to ours. They will liberate the Papacy and pay us 210.000 $ in cash to fund the war. Only then will we attack Preussia.
Head of the Diplomatic Corps: It will be done as you say Sire.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 51
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/11/2009 5:28:17 PM   
terje439

Turn 38

Red carrier pidgeon room, Royal Palace, Vienna

The King recieves a small note attached to the feet of a pidgeon that just flew in. He reads the note, thinks for a while and writes a small reply before attaching the note to another pidgeon and sending it away.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 52
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/11/2009 9:35:39 PM   
aprezto

Hi Terje - thanks for this little AAR. Great to see the PBEM side of the game. Have to bone up on it to have a crack.

It appears King George William Frederick nee Mus is suffering from a bout of Porphyria (unsubstantiated) at the moment if his handwriting is anything to go by - poor fellow.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 53
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/11/2009 10:26:44 PM   
terje439

Yea something is indeed wrong with his writing
(not to mention his ideas as to what is "right" and not )

Terje

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 54
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/13/2009 9:24:55 AM   
terje439

Turn 39

Foreign Ministry, Vienna, 1000 hours

Head of the Diplomatic Corps: The King has sent me the following document for us to look at. Should we join the Northern Alliance, or should we look to France?

Subordinate: Well, if we manage to keep the Turks off our back, joining the Northern Alliance and issuing a declaration of war on France as soon as possible we will truely strengthen our position. I take it the French troops are located to the north? Atleast they seem to be pushing the British off the mainland in the North. But just how strong is Preussia, Sweden and Britain?
Head of the Diplomatic Corps: The King assures us that bringing the Austrian army to the field against the French would assure the defeat of France. The King also said that the French allready have approached us, but that they refused the Kings demands of releasing the Papacy. So the King is not inclined to join France just to make it clear that our voting options are to join the Northern Alliance or to remain alone. It should be noted however that the King had a few demands before he would join the Northern Alliance. He demanded a secure alliance between all involved parties, sharing of depots and a 3 year enforced peace treaty between all nations in the alliance.
Anyway, now let us vote!

Royal Palace, Vienna, 1400 hours

The King: Well?
Head of the Diplomatic Corps: It was a clear majority for joining the Northern Alliance IF our demands were met Sire.
The King: Excellent, start preparing the army. We will soon march on Paris once more!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terje439 -- 6/13/2009 9:30:26 AM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 55
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/14/2009 9:35:31 PM   
terje439

Turn 40

Red carrier pidgeon room, Royal Palace, Vienna

The King reads a note delivered by a Pidgeon arriving from the West.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 56
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/14/2009 11:10:32 PM   
terje439

Turn 41

Cemetary at a small village outside the town of Pest

The cemetary is packed with people, everyone in the village is present. It is no wonder really, in the last month almost 1/3 of the population has died. Not from wounds or disease but from starvation. It seems the once might Austrian empire no longer is able to even feed its citizens.
Amongst the men mumblings can be heard, they argue about who is to blame. Is it the King, or does he follow bad advice, or is it French spies? Or even British ones? Noone knows for sure, but unless the situation is remedied, things will turn nasty.

War room, Royal Palace, Vienna
The King: I have decided that the general in the field is better suited to make decisions than either of us about the situation he is facing. I am hereby issuing a decreet that allows the generals to move and fight as they see fit when in the field. What do you think?
War Minister: That sounds reasonable Sire.

*(OOC: Gained technology "Independent Command")

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 57
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/17/2009 8:06:14 PM   
terje439

Turn 42

The King: Well, you all called for an emergency meeting. Spill it!
War Minister: I have dispatched one of our armies to take care of the rebels throughout our nation. However France holds 250.000 men under a Corsican general named Napoleon on our borders. This can mean trouble.
The King: Well, defeat the rebels fast, then we need to relocate our armies.
Head of the Diplomatic Corps: Our diplomats have managed to get the Papacy to throw away their French puppet regime. The Papacy is once more a free nation!
The King: Excellent news!
Minister of internal Affairs: You should avoid leaving the Palace Sire, the people are really upset about the food shortage. If we were to go to war at this time, we would likely have to surrender within a month or two.
The King: Well, I have not had any caviar for weeks, but do you hear me complain? Stupid pesants!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 58
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/20/2009 5:46:05 AM   
terje439

Turn 43

Somewhere in the countryside

On one side of the field is seen a professional army, on the other a rag-tag mix of farmers, industrial workers, blacksmiths, and whatnot. The Austrian army at the field starts to advance, guns at the ready. As the distance between the two shortens it is clear that the army has brought atleast 5 times the ammount of men to the field, and at 100 yards muskets starts cracking. Before long the field is covered with smoke, lead, blood and the crying of wounded and dying. Before long the rag-tag mix of ordinary men starts to melt away, and soon they all run.
As the smoke lifts, it becomes clear that the rebels have lost almost 8000 men while the professional army has almost no losses whatsoever. However the army commander knows that his work is not done, too many rebels were able to get away, so now he will have to track them down and force them to fight one more.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 59
RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attemp... - 6/20/2009 5:57:25 AM   
terje439

Turn 44

Head of the Diplomatic Corps: Our period of enforced peace with France and Turkey is at an end.
War Minister: Our armies are at close to full strength.
Minister of internal Affairs: I am sorry to say Sire, the government does not have alot of support in the people. If we go to war, make sure we do not lose a single battle as that would almost certainly force us to surrender due to internal issues.
The King: ALWAYS bad news from you guys. Get lost!

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A rather large, happy clean shaved Austrians attempt for European Supremacy. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI