Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Also a serial # problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Also a serial # problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Also a serial # problem - 4/2/2009 3:36:20 AM   
petter26

Gents,

I have a serial # problem when I followed the instructions here http://nap.phxsim.com/downloads/

I added the downloads and the addon game works and comes to the menu, but when I launch it it goes to:

"there is an error with the serial # as entered, contact support@matrixgames.com" and will not play

This was the expansion Maneuver on Ulm. I really would like to play these addons like I used to with the old Talonsoft cds.

Any help?
Post #: 1
RE: Also a serial # problem - 4/2/2009 3:45:07 AM   
petter26

here more specifically http://nap.phxsim.com/downloads/how_to_install.html

(in reply to petter26)
Post #: 2
RE: Also a serial # problem - 4/2/2009 3:50:35 AM   
GMeyer

Hi,
For some reason, I got your post. I have been going back and forth with the folks in consumer service on this EXACT issue for weeks. I amstill waiting for a solution. The problem has nothing to do with Ulm files. You simply can't copy NIR for any reason, as the shell for Ulm or otherwise, and get it to run. I tried the same thing you did and also tried to backup NIR on a CD: got the same message. Even copying the file with my serial number in it on the CD was useless. Something about the copying process disconnects the automatic read of the serial number that occurs when you run your original copy of NIR. If they give you a solution, please let me know and I'll do the same.

George S. Meyer

(in reply to petter26)
Post #: 3
RE: Also a serial # problem - 4/2/2009 4:08:13 AM   
petter26

soooo..... basically we can't play any of these fine addon games...ugghhh

I tried putting that same serial # in there to with no luck.

I will keep trying.

Matrix, any help here?

(in reply to petter26)
Post #: 4
RE: Also a serial # problem - 4/7/2009 7:46:11 PM   
simovitch

There should be no such problem with running these add-ons if done correctly, assuming an otherwise correct initial install. For the Ulm Campaign:

1. copy your entire "Napoleon in Russia" folder into a new, temporary holding directory,
2. re-name this folder that you just copied. (you don't need to call it BGE3A or whatever, let's just call it Ulm 1805),
3. delete all the old stock game folders (BD, CK, etc.) in "Ulm 1805".
4. download and unzip the um main_7.zip into the Ulm 1805 folder, and overwrite everything it asks about.
5. Create a subfolder within Ulm 1805 called "BD" (for now it has to be called the same name as the old stock folders.)
6. download and unzip the UC-7.zip into this new folder called BD.
7. move the whole thing back into your Matrix Games/John Tiller's Battleground Napoleonic Wars folder (or whatever you called the folder that holds all the Battleground Napoleon games.)

To be fair, there is really no reason the installation of these upgrades needs to be so difficult, especially with DSL and high speed internet. IMO these upgrades should consist of 1 file download to get the whole module unzipped into a ready-made copy of the "Napoleon in Russia" folder and be done with it.

There is also a front-end BG_Start available by a talented 3rd party programmer that eliminated the need to retain the old NIR folder and module names. This should be made available for download soon.

simovitch

(in reply to petter26)
Post #: 5
RE: Also a serial # problem - 4/7/2009 8:39:37 PM   
Erik Rutins

As far as I know, the procedure Simovitch describes should work.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Also a serial # problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI