Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

August 1944

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> August 1944 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
August 1944 - 5/28/2012 11:36:32 AM   
SierraJuliet

12 August 1944

The B-29s visit Tavoy and a follow up raid by Mosquito and leave it with port damange 13, airfield service damage 37 and runway damage 34.

Bangkok is the usual blood bath in the skies. 83 planes in the CAP meet 69 Lightning. 44 of the CAP are report lost and 13 Lightnings are reported as going down. iLT Barneby, L.R. of 23rd FG achieves kill number 17 before being reported killed in the skies over Bangkok.

The Liberators, becoming used to being unmolested, pound Krung Thep and leave it at 51 airfield service damage and 11 runway damage.

The Allies launch a deliberate attack at Krung Thep and achieve 2 -1 victory odds (3542 adjusted assault against 1615 adjusted defense) and reduce the forts back down to level 1. The Japanese report 2228 casualties and 51 guns lost to the Allied 1463 casualties, 44 guns and 5 vehicles lost. I fear things are close to cracking here and some of the units that are resting at Bangkok are going to have to come back into the fray.

The minesweepers are still hovering around Andaman Island.

Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 391
August 1944 - 5/28/2012 11:40:17 AM   
SierraJuliet

13 August 1944

I-39 pays Andaman Island a visit a get a single torpedo hit on MSW Rampur which is reported as sunk. Not sure if Todd is prepping this for an invasion or just making me think something is one the way. Anyway another one of his minesweepers goes under to add to the list of minesweepers that have been lost trying to clear my fields.

Krung Thep is hit by 106 Liberators and then another raid of 128 B-29s. A mass of damage is reported but by the end of the day the only damage is to airfield service which stands at 92. Later in the day 36 Mitchell target 50th Division with 145 casualties reported and 5 guns lost. Another 45 Mitchell pick on 119th IJA Base Force with 70 casualties and 1 gun lost. 1 Mitchell is report destroyed by flak with another 5 cut up so badly they are reported as operational losses.

The Japanese bombardment attack achieves the miserable results of 12 Allied casualties.

In return Todd launches a shock attack by the Allied forces. The Allied adjusted assault value is 2951 (raw value of 2354) against the Japanese adjusted assault value of 3313 (raw value of 1751). My decision on the previous turn to send resting units back into the field at Krung Thep has paid dividends. 2nd Parachute Regiment 79 Experience, 54 Morale, 0 Disruption, 5 Fatigue and 62 AV and 29th Independent Mixed 61 Experience, 36 Morale, 0 Disruption, 5 Fatigue and 106 AV make it in time for the fight. 35th Brigade 74 Experience, 41 Morale, 0 Disruption, 5 Fatigue and 134 AV will arrive tomorrow. The Allied attack falters at 0 – 1 odds and the Allies report 1787 casualties, 46 guns and 8 vehicles lost to the Japanese 1217 casualties and 26 guns lost. The forts remain at level 1. I must do something to repair the base damage and get those forts up otherwise one of these shock attacks will crack the defenders. Todd admitted that he went for the shock attack so soon after the deliberate attack to test the defences especially as the forts were so far down. I have decided that 48th Division 96 Experience, 19 Morale, 75 Disruption, 67 Fatigue and 201 AV Assault needs to come out of the line for some rest and time to bring that morale up some more.

Tavoy also takes more aerial punishment.

No attention to Bangkok this turn.

Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'

Post #: 392
August 1944 - 5/28/2012 11:41:43 AM   
SierraJuliet

14 August 1944

The bombers return to Tavoy. By the end of the day damage here is port 26, airfield service 58 and runway 8.

At Bangkok 48 Thunderbolt II roar in to deal with the 80 strong CAP. 41 planes drop from the CAP and 13 of the Thunderbolt are claimed as destroyed. Todd won’t know this but the 24th Ftr Sentai newly converted to Frank has 2 90+ level pilots as well as a number in the 80 and 70s. Until attrition gets them I’m hoping they may cause the Allies some grief. 13 Thunderbolt sounds like a promising start.

Krung Thep is hit and 29th Independent Brigade is singled out for attention by the bombers. By the end of the day damage is airfield service 75.

Bangkok is now playing host to 56th Brigade and 48th Division in need of much need rest. A second anti-aircraft unit has also arrived so hopefully some more operational damage to planes flying over this city.

Post #: 393
Wars End - 3/27/2014 12:08:24 AM   
SierraJuliet

I have been slowly reading my way through Todd’s very excellent AAR. Sadly maintaining my AAR got beyond me, even after a second stab at getting it back on track. I’ve just got to the September 1943 in Todd’s AAR. A time which I fondly recall as the sortie of my lone Queen. After the foolishness of attacking the British Fleet in port I nearly lost Akagi from those pesky string bag strikes. Her flooding was well into the 90s when she finally made port. I dragged her back to Home Islands and sent out orders to get her back in fighting trim. She was still there with some minor damage left when Todd started getting frisky in the Aleutians.

I was more than a little perturbed about this especially as the only asset I had anywhere near this backwater was Akagi. I determined that she was going to make a sortie and see what she could snoop out. With plenty of apprehensiveness on the merit of this move she set off looking for prey and wary of becoming exactly that herself. Well, you can imagine my satisfaction and anticipation when scouts reported the possibility of battleships in the area. The strike did the job and I was fairly comfortable in assuming that California was more than likely done for. I knew that Tennessee had also taken hits but I settled for accepting that she would probably make a port. I could have chased for another day but I was super wary of being drawn into Todd’s land umbrella.

All in all not a bad result for a single carrier operating on her own.

Post #: 394
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> August 1944 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI