Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.06.00 issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> 1.06.00 issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.06.00 issues - 5/2/2009 3:31:14 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

I am creating a 1.06.01 because of what we have uncovered so far:

1. Some units were illegally letting enemy units pass through them without combat! This seems ot have made it past the testers because it is sporadic and not consistent!

2. I have rebuilt the 1812 scenario so that the minors have their areas properly reflected for control! The first example of this was Venetia (Mantua was controlled by Au).

Anyway, we will have a new build around Monday (I am working this weekend to get-r-done)!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
RE: 1.06.00 issues - 5/2/2009 4:17:55 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

Another note:

It looks as if my code to prevent Depot Garrisons from blocking movement has caused some other issues in movement as well but this is fixed in 1.06.01

Sorry for these issues and I really appreciate the help!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.06.00 issues - 5/2/2009 6:57:00 PM   
Dancing Bear

Just a note Marshall, to have Greg post the complete list of fixes on the forum, so we are aware of these changes.

Post #: 3
RE: 1.06.00 issues - 5/2/2009 9:05:51 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I will update the fixes as we go!
Thanks Dancing Bear!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to Dancing Bear)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.06.00 issues - 5/3/2009 3:18:27 PM   
pzgndr

FWIW, some feedback, several of the previously reported AI issues supposedly fixed continue to haunt the game.  I played yesterday as Austria into 1810.  Had an interesting war with Turkey for a couple of years and then turned west against France in late 1808, who was peacefully sitting tight all game.  France should be more aggressive, and it still is not!  (Another issue.)  After DOWing against France (to make the game interesting), La Grande Armee was mobilized into action and initially 1809 was a dicey year with heavy attrition on both sides.  However...  I caught Napoleon with a single corps when he overreached.  I caught the French Guard corps on its own and beat them down.  Murat was entrenched in Bavaria with 2 infantry corps and 2 cav corps and I agonized over how to deal with them until the AI decided to move the 2 cav corps out leaving the infantry on their own.  Nappy, Murat and Davout are in a POW camp, the Old Guard is destroyed, and the road to Paris is relatively clear... 

A few principles (among many) should be reinforced for the AI:
1.  Leaders should stack with multiple corps and rarely expose themselves with a single corps and risk capture.
2.  Guard and artillery corps should also stack with multiple corps with leaders.
3.  Infantry and cavalry corps should stack together when practical, rather than as separate stacks.
If the French AI had at least adhered to these basic principles, it should have done much better and Austria would be in much worse shape.  The initial French AI strategy was sound enough, Austria took considerable losses and was forced to withdraw, but these avoidable weaknesses really hurt the French AI in the long run.  I did have an exciting 1809, while it lasted.

Post #: 5
RE: 1.06.00 issues - 5/3/2009 7:55:11 PM   
Taijian

One more AI issue:

I've seen several games where Turkey and Russia end up at war at some point. Russia will now (1.06) use its Cossacks to ravage Turkish Depots - but not launch any earnest attack.

Worse: Turkey will retreat ALL of its Corps into Istanbul and just sit there for years. I understand protecting your capital - but why not attack to isolated Cossacks running wild in the Balkans?

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.06.00 issues - 5/4/2009 12:06:41 AM   
NeverMan

Another AI issue:

When playing against the AI I can repeatedly destroy it over and over and over again... never really fully being at peace and constantly waging war and winning against one of the AI MPs. I think this might be a problem.

(in reply to Taijian)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> 1.06.00 issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI