Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Autofourage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Autofourage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Autofourage - 5/4/2009 5:09:47 PM   
fw1206

Hi guys.
Just looked at the log because i wondered why it's sometimes not possible to besiege a city after a won battle or i don't pursuit after a battle. So i detected, that ALL corps which are able to fourage, even if not desired (for pursuit after combat and /or besieging a city after combat) are autofouraging. I don't find any option or button to disable autofouraging. And i usually don't use the autofourage-button except for knowing that i can use it for all corps (mostly during peace times)
Post #: 1
RE: Autofourage - 5/4/2009 6:01:15 PM   
Marshall Ellis

This should be for corps that are out of supply?
Are you seeing something different?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 2
RE: Autofourage - 5/4/2009 6:59:54 PM   
NeverMan

Are you sure that you are not hitting the "Auto-forage all available units" button?

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Autofourage - 5/4/2009 7:24:21 PM   
fw1206

@NeverMan: Yes, i'm sure. I did not hit that button. as you can read in my post above: "i usually don't use the autofourage-button except for knowing that i can use it for all corps"

@Marshall: I had a depot at Mainz and came with 2 corps from Stuttgart to fight Baden in Karlsruhe. That was in April.
The fouragevalue was 5 + 3 unused movementpoints -2 for to many corps. So it was possible to autofourage both corps. But i never will let these corps fourage when i want to pursuit after a combat and attack the garrison of Karlsruhe.
The same one month later in Frankfurt. As i can see, the program ALWAYS fourages if its possible. In 1.05.05 you were asked "corps x is out of supply. would you like to continue?" even it was possible to autofourage. But now nothing (except autofouraging) happens. Only for corps which cannot aufofourage.

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 4
RE: Autofourage - 5/4/2009 9:53:07 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I'm taking a look...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to fw1206)
Post #: 5
RE: Autofourage - 5/4/2009 10:00:46 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I checked this out and this was added per Mantis issue #137!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Post #: 6
RE: Autofourage - 5/5/2009 5:46:31 PM   
Jimmer

In order to perform a siege after combat, the phasing force must have foraged without using movement points, or have been paid for by depot supply. In a siege where there is no corps present in the rural area, it's easy: Just move them to besieging the city.

However, when there is an army there, one must fight first. The problem comes if you have corps there which can still forage AND have movement points left. In such cases, at the end of your movement, there are two options:

1)  You click the auto forage button, or
2)  The computer decides what to do

As you can imagine, #1 will kill your siege prospects if you have movement left. #2 is predictable, but there are a lot of variables. But, if the army is out of supply, or if you run out of money, they will forage (AND, using movement points).

What you have to do is BEFORE that "end of turn" choice comes up, manually forage each corps, and make sure you always choose "No" to the "do you want to use unused movement points" question. If you do this, they should be able to besiege.

Alternately, you can make sure you have enough supply to pay for them.

Finally, you can artificially use up all of your movement points before ending the movement of each corp. Just move to any open space(s) on the way to the battle area. In most cases, you can simply move backwards an area and then come back through the same spot to the battle are.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Autofourage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI