Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combat Reports not saving, Combat animations not playing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Combat Reports not saving, Combat animations not playing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combat Reports not saving, Combat animations not playing - 5/7/2009 5:47:26 AM   
jonreb31

Hey,

Running v.1.806. Two PBEM games, one as Allies, one as Japan and still early in the war.

I run a combat save (as allies) or run the latest turn (as japan) and watch the combat replay. However, throughout the replay there are absolutely no combat animations (they go straight to the combat summaries) and when the turn ends absolutely none of the reports are recorded for review (combat report, operations report, etc). No doubt it's an annoyance but because of this it's becoming harder to run the war as it get more complicated, since I can't remember every single thing that happens in the replay..

I've checked all my settings and preferences and it's set to play combat animations and write combat reports. In fact I think these two settings have been turned off automatically several times after running the combat saves.

Animations and saved reports are working fine when it's not PBEM...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

< Message edited by JonReb -- 5/7/2009 5:48:16 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Combat Reports not saving, Combat animations not pl... - 5/7/2009 11:46:38 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonReb

Hey,

Running v.1.806. Two PBEM games, one as Allies, one as Japan and still early in the war.

I run a combat save (as allies) or run the latest turn (as japan) and watch the combat replay. However, throughout the replay there are absolutely no combat animations (they go straight to the combat summaries) and when the turn ends absolutely none of the reports are recorded for review (combat report, operations report, etc). No doubt it's an annoyance but because of this it's becoming harder to run the war as it get more complicated, since I can't remember every single thing that happens in the replay..

I've checked all my settings and preferences and it's set to play combat animations and write combat reports. In fact I think these two settings have been turned off automatically several times after running the combat saves.

Animations and saved reports are working fine when it's not PBEM...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

First: What scenario are you playing (and what mod if any)??

Second: When is the last time you rebooted? Prolonged periods between reboots can lead to unpredictable results - and failure to boot before running a turn result (WITP001.PWS file) can lead to sync errors and other problems.

Third: Please show a screenshot of your preferences screen... this will go a long way to figuring out what is going on without a lot of flummoxing.

(in reply to jonreb31)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Combat Reports not saving, Combat animations not playing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI