Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/12/2000 12:09:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

quote:

Originally posted by Randy: I'll vote for Combat as the best military TV show.
Definitely! I saw one episode recently that dealt with the same issue as Saving Private Ryan, but pushed the same question to a whole other level. In SPR, we saw a bunch of guys following orders to save a guy they didn't know. This Combat episode dealt with, not the following of orders, but just the basic humanity of saving a guy you know that is a complete a** hole, and will always be a complete a** hole. The squad was on patrol and took fire from a German MG. One guy (not a regular) gets pinned down in an exposed position and cut off from the rest of the squad. This guy had been, like I said, a complete jerk. Only one guy in the squad (again, not a regular) unquestioningly wants to retrieve the jerk. Everyone else, including Saunders, goes through the "geez, is this guy worth risking my butt over?" personal dilemma. The one guy that wants to recover the jerk gets killed in the process, in addition to a couple of other extras. They finally do the right thing and recover the jerk, and guess what? He's still a jerk! He wants to know what took them so long! As good as I think SPR is, I thought this story was a lot more challenging than SPR. [This message has been edited by GrinningDwarf (edited November 11, 2000).]

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

(in reply to Recon_slith)
Post #: 91
- 11/12/2000 2:28:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

If anybody's interested, Battle of the Bulge is on AMC tonight! DON'T SHOOT!

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

(in reply to Recon_slith)
Post #: 92
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI