Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fort Sumpter fired on

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Opponents Wanted >> Fort Sumpter fired on Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fort Sumpter fired on - 5/19/2009 9:41:10 AM   
Doc o War

Looking for one opponent- as these game turns take an hour each normally I have enough room again on my dance card for one new opponnent. I am pretty well versed in this game system- so rather not break in a new guy.( sorry new guys - unless you are extremely confident in your understanding- this game has a wicked learning curve If you think you can handle it , but are new, contact me and we can discuss, but rather play someone with experience) I have the latest 1.4 patch - and can play either side. Have no problem being North or South.
I play Fog of war- CSC- Limited Point Recovery and Historic Leader ratings.
As I have said on Forum I think Limited Point recovery really has the right feel for this game- adds a nice frustration level I find very realistic.
On the other hand I prefer Historic leader ratings- I have no desire to play with untried leaders- rather just use the good bad and the ugly as they were-
All Patriotic volunteers can contact me at Hq- at Docfstar2@aol.com
The bugle has sounded- the first shots are fired- will you take up the call?
Doc O War

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Doc o War -- 5/19/2009 9:45:54 AM >

Tell me the story of the common foot soldier, and I will tell you the story of all wars.
... Heroditus.
Post #: 1
RE: Fort Sumpter fired on - 5/20/2009 4:51:36 AM   
rrtink

Hello Doc o War. I have some experience but not yet played a human opponent. Not sure if I'll be a huge challenge but happy to try! I can play the South and fine with the other settings.

How frequently do you want to revert turns?

(in reply to Doc o War)
Post #: 2
RE: Fort Sumpter fired on - 5/20/2009 6:02:11 AM   
Jutland13

All those parameters sound good. I have played PBEM for WBTS quite extensively. Let me know if the game is still open. I have sent an email also.

Regards,

Darren

(in reply to Doc o War)
Post #: 3
RE: Fort Sumpter fired on - 5/20/2009 7:46:50 AM   
Doc o War

Jutland- got your email- and responded. You are on.
RRTink- thanks for the offer- I only had one slot of time open- these turns take about an hour each and I only have so much time each night so I only had one opening. Put an opponent wanted post out and see who responds. Good luck and good gaming..
doc

Tell me the story of the common foot soldier, and I will tell you the story of all wars.
... Heroditus.

(in reply to Jutland13)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Opponents Wanted >> Fort Sumpter fired on Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI