Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Most innacurate war movies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Most innacurate war movies Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Most innacurate war movies - 6/16/2009 1:57:40 AM   
knilli

my favourites is
  1. Die Brücke (1959) (writer) (uncredited)
    ... aka The Bridge (USA)
from bernhard wicki  (source: imdb.com)

old, black and white, simple in the making but very intense and quite accurate. (just some boys defending a bridge, somewhere, put there to be out of harm during the last few days of ww2, alone without commander they do what they where told...fight) and sad!

for stalingrad: i liked it. as for my father who fought on the eastern front....he thought it was ok. some inaccuracies but  ok.

i like the  "soldier ryan", but only the first 10-15 mins (when the landing forces storm the beach, with all the special effects, quite intensive)
the longest day, i like it, totally accurate or not - i like it :) ) most of the rest is, imho, crap.

< Message edited by knilli -- 6/16/2009 2:23:12 PM >

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 91
RE: Most innacurate war movies - 6/16/2009 4:49:30 AM   
Jonathan Pollard

One incident from a Communist Chinese or North Korean war movie comes to mind, a US general had a stock ticker at his command post which he frequently checked and expressed joy at the profits he was making.

Another incident from a Japanese WW2 movie (I think it was "Victory Song of the Orient") created especially for the Philippines has a US general in a bomb-proof cave in the Philippines order the machine-gunning of Filipino troops that were trying to enter to gain shelter from an artillery barrage. He referred to the Filippino soldiers as "monkeys." Actually, the monkey reference could be historically accurate, one of the songs popular among US troops in the Philippines of that era is called "The Monkeys have no tails in Zamboanga."

http://www.zamboanga.com/html/monkeys_of_zamboanga.htm

(in reply to knilli)
Post #: 92
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Most innacurate war movies Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI