Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

automatic hit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> automatic hit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
automatic hit - 6/5/2009 9:14:26 AM   
Florian Geyer

If you open the combat result screen (F2)and hover over the combat line you can see the details how the result was infuenced by the mods.Under the line "Combat Mods" I had seen a message called"automatic hit".The values were all very high(16-20)
Does anybody know what it means?
Post #: 1
RE: automatic hit - 6/6/2009 10:20:59 AM   
xianing

Autohit has 5% chance to happen, it try to represent the random factor in the battle. For example one militia can sometimes destroy a tank... maybe just by chance.

(in reply to Florian Geyer)
Post #: 2
RE: automatic hit - 6/7/2009 6:53:15 AM   
SGT Rice

The "automatic hit" you see in the combat results window is referred to as a "critical hit" in the rules manual. It is explained in the Combat section.

I love playing AWD, but imho the "critical hit" is an awful feature; a design element borrowed from tactical wargames that has no place in a strategic one. The only units in this game that should possibly be subject to something called a "critical hit" would be battleships & carriers; every other unit on the map would have to incur dozens (or hundreds) of "critical hits" to be knocked out of action by a grossly inferior opponent ... what the heck does it mean for a militia corps to score a "critical hit" on a tank corps?

(in reply to xianing)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> automatic hit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI