Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wondering if you have a corrupted game install??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wondering if you have a corrupted game install?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wonder... - 6/6/2009 12:00:34 AM   
panzerlehr62

Andrew,

In second GC (I am guest puter), both started with beta patches, we have had two 1/3 map deployments out first 5 night battles so far. We havnt had 1 split deployment yet (larger+smaller).

In first GC (file I sent you, I am host puter), no patch was done for night turns (wasnt out yet), every map deployment was just a small area for allies, some had 2 areas (larger+smaller). Now, that saved game file too plays under beta patch (patched around 2nd day battle, right before map (brevands) that got extended. I hadnt notice a 1/3 map there yet but thanks for pointing it out to me.

Also somethg I noticed, several of the german BGs have lost their mortar team (only had 1) since the first turn they came into battle (they wernt killed in turn1 that I know of, but I will let my oppenent confirm that). Not showing up in turns 2+. The patch was done before we played turn 1 on beach also, so I dont understand why they would vanish after turn 1. Also one german beach BG that has a listing for 50mm at-gun, and its listed 2 times in force pool (?, gold beach if memory serves me)..
Orginally only gold,pegasus and arromandes didnt have mortar team(german).
Now...dog green, dog red, merville battery, and ouistreham have zero ( i know i didnt kill them all in turn 1)...

Gz...
Post #: 1
RE: Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wo... - 6/7/2009 11:16:06 PM   
RD Oddball

With respect to the 1/3 deployment issue.  It's being looked at to find the exact cause.  Thanks for the confirmation.

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 6/7/2009 11:29:59 PM >

(in reply to panzerlehr62)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wo... - 6/8/2009 7:01:23 AM   
Andrew Williams

This is how to create 1/3 deployment

Don't do it.

"To recreate this bug in original CC5, execute all strat moves and save the game before the 1st battle. Exit, and reload save game, and you will have the 1/3 problem."

So saving right before the Battle is the problem....

We're looking at that fix.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wo... - 6/9/2009 3:50:15 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

Also somethg I noticed, several of the german BGs have lost their mortar team (only had 1) since the first turn they came into battle (they wernt killed in turn1 that I know of, but I will let my oppenent confirm that). Not showing up in turns 2+.

Just ran a test and the mortar stays as available whether in the active or inactive roster... It was always availiable on the 2nd day for me.

Confirmation from the tecchie says this should be the case.

I have to put it down to you guys playing part of the GC unpatched and partly patched..... correct?

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 6/9/2009 5:40:25 AM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Looking at your other issues (1/3 map deploy)I'm wondering if you have a corrupted game install?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI