Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 11:35:32 AM   
PeteG662

I would like to command an artillery regiment and island hop across the Pacific.

"King of Battle"

LTC, US Army, retired

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 61
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 1:19:19 PM   
Odin

Base Force somewhere on the maledives or South Pacific

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 62
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 3:13:32 PM   
Nikademus

I'd want to be in Quality Control for the air ordinance dept.

You get a free hammer issued to you. very very cool!

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 63
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 3:23:15 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I'd want to be in Quality Control for the air ordinance dept.

You get a free hammer issued to you. very very cool!

So, you'd be testing the bomb detonators?

Maybe you'd should stop touching the Insanity Wood!!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 64
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 3:28:43 PM   
Nikademus

it has a great retirement plan......plus i get to hit things.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 65
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 3:43:17 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

it has a great retirement plan......plus i get to hit things.

They have a retirement plan? i think the cleaning crew would just be issued some sponges to take care of your brief (put explosive) military career ...

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 66
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 3:48:39 PM   
Nikademus

If i excel, i might get promoted to the QA dept for naval ordinance. You get a bigger hammer!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 67
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 4:18:44 PM   
HMS Resolution

Blenheim pilot, RAF 11 Squadron, Ceylon, 9 April 1942.

Post #: 68
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 4:24:50 PM   
AcePylut

American Volunteer Group fo sho

(in reply to HMS Resolution)
Post #: 69
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 7:26:06 PM   
Zigurat666

West Coast in maybe an ISO unit or something making sure all your wives are happy!!

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 70
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 7:51:15 PM   
mbatch729

Gunnery Officer in charge of Spot 1 on the USS Iowa.

Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 71
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/12/2009 9:34:16 PM   
Bearcat2

I am not sure of the exact unit; but put me down for any of the units in the Victory parade.

(in reply to mbatch729)
Post #: 72
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/13/2009 6:23:25 AM   
thegreatwent

Redleg all the way!

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 73
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/13/2009 6:23:50 AM   
bradfordkay

The same as anywhere... serve from the right...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 74
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/13/2009 6:12:51 PM   
joey

If I had to serve, I would serve the same way I did serve a few decades later: submarines. Send me to Toyko Bay!

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 75
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/13/2009 7:15:17 PM   
Talon_XBMCX

I'd like to wing for Richard Bong flying P-38's out of Port Moresby, New Guinea. 

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 76
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 8:48:31 AM   
stuman

Flying Tiger.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Talon_XBMCX)
Post #: 77
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 10:43:57 AM   
Mike Scholl

Has anyone put in a claim for the Pentagon Procurment Office? 

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 78
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 5:39:21 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

??? You want to serve time in the 5-sided squirrel cage??? You and my wife both have that affliction. I'd rather be "Captain of the head" (Naval term for permanet latrine duty!).

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 79
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 8:15:45 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osterhaut

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

??? You want to serve time in the 5-sided squirrel cage??? You and my wife both have that affliction. I'd rather be "Captain of the head" (Naval term for permanet latrine duty!).

I have gone there a few times and the food in the cafateria was very good. I went there one time with a small team to talk to brass and had a serviced lunch that was better than many dinners I have had. I could get more chubby serving there.

That's why Marshall didn't want elevators (lifts) or escalators . He wanted ramps . He got them. And the food is a definate improvement . They brought in contract caterers.

Post #: 80
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 8:21:51 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

quote:

No.., I said I'd like to be a procurement officer for the "5-sided squirrel cage". I've been there during war and peace..., and during a war it's not a place I'd want to be. But the guy in charge of "catering" to those egos and stars has the "power" of the Pentagon without having to have a "presence" in the Pentagon. (and Osterhaut is right, the food is good.)

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 81
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 8:23:48 PM   
Cerix

as a  Submarine Captain 

Post #: 82
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 8:40:28 PM   
JWE

quote:

quote:

I have gone there a few times and the food in the cafateria was very good. I went there one time with a small team to talk to brass and had a serviced lunch that was better than many dinners I have had. I could get more chubby serving there.

That's why Marshall didn't want elevators (lifts) or escalators . He wanted ramps . He got them. And the food is a definate improvement . They brought in contract caterers.

A long time ago, (longer than I want to remember), on the inside ring, third floor, North East, - you know where that is - I once had a meal. Woof!!

Grilled pheasant, with a side of grilled Virginia dove breasts, asparagus tips, new peas, Basmati rice, an arugula salad, grapefruit sections, a Wisconsin Bleu with black walnuts and vinaigrette, and a California Pinot.

Damn, it's good to be da brass.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 83
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/14/2009 8:52:36 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

quote:

A long time ago, (longer than I want to remember), on the inside ring, third floor, North East, - you know where that is - I once had a meal. Woof!!

Grilled pheasant, with a side of grilled Virginia dove breasts, asparagus tips, new peas, Basmati rice, an arugula salad, grapefruit sections, a Wisconsin Bleu with black walnuts and vinaigrette, and a California Pinot.

Yeah , but O-5's and O-6's get to "hot-rack" cubicals. And the only people who get treated with respect are enlisted. Because there's not enough, they are the only one's who have reall skills, and everybody wants some. I once had an USAF 3-star tell me, I've got more O-6's than I know what to do with. They make coffee and do errands. But what I'd give for clerk typists or yeomen! I'd promise one of them his own office! (The General didn't even have a private office!).

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 84
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/15/2009 12:09:41 AM   
EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
But this thread isn't about war - it is about WITP - so you can be the bits on the left - or the bits on the right! That is if you were "in" WITP.

Greetings, Program!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 85
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/15/2009 12:30:39 AM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

That's why I wanted to be their Procurement Officer. Somebody's has to check out all those "goodies" to make sure they are fit for the General's table. Talk about "fat city".

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 86
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/15/2009 9:31:30 PM   
jeffk3510

If it were up to me, the good ol' USS Kansas wouldn't have been scrapped, and would have been refitted and sailed the hell outa' the Pac as the Pac Fleet Flagship.

I would want to be a carrier fleet Admiral only because I built the **** out of Essex class carriers in PTO2 and wrecked havoc from Panama to Tokyo Bay.  Best game made... period...

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

Post #: 87
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/16/2009 4:30:21 AM   
ChuckK

As any crewman or officer on the USS Silversides. I believe she's the highest scoring U.S. sub that is still with us. I visit her once a year or so:

Silversides

Saratoga CV-3
One of 3 U.S. pre-war carriers to survive WWII
Awarded 7 battle stars
Torpedoed on two separate occasions
Hit by 6 bombs, holed twice, on 2-17-45
Sunk at Bikini Atoll, '46, after enduring 2nd A-Bomb test
She was a tough Lady!

Post #: 88
RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? - 6/16/2009 5:56:23 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

Essex class carriers in PTO2 and wrecked havoc from Panama to Tokyo Bay. Best game made... period...

Yep great game, very easy AI mind you, but love the ability to R&D and make and design new ships, pity the later versions are all for the PS2.

Might fire it up now for a quick look again

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 89
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: If you were in WitP...How would you want to serve? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI