Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PBEM 109

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 109 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 10:22:30 PM   
Mus

On a sidenote, what do the participants of this game think about all players having their own AAR thread and doing a little blurb each turn.  Gil requested in the AAR section that people go out to other websites and post links to AARs now that the patch is out.

I think if we did some showing our PBEM experience from multiple angles that might really spark some interest, I know Ive had a blast in our other games thus far.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 31
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 10:33:26 PM   
06 Maestro

I was considering doing just that. Nothing too elaborate, but enough to give a basic picture of events-and the treachery of my (future) opponents.

I will do it.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 32
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 10:34:50 PM   
Matto

I can write some brief AAR ... so count me

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 33
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 10:37:31 PM   
Anthropoid

Well in principle I'd love to do an AAR, but I am also just now agreeing to be in a WiTP PBEM. That would be three total. The "Another PBEM" could potentially be over in a matter of weeks or months, but the WiTP one I hope will go for a long time, even with AE coming out. If I get into another one in this game, I would hope we set the victory points a bit higher (5 or even 10K??) and with that, that match could go on for quite a while, years maybe? Two is about the limit of what I like to be in, but if AE seems -really- cool once it is out, I might not be able to resist and three PBEMs at once, for fairly complex games, is my absolute limit.

So, basically, I'm not sure how regular any AAR I do would be. I'll certainly be happy to start one, and post periodically, but every single turn is just not going to happen. Maybe at least biannual updates.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 34
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 10:51:49 PM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Maybe at least biannual updates.

Well however often somebody wants. Some turns nothing worth mentioning will happen.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 35
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:11:38 PM   
IronWarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

All righty then; when do we start?

Looks like we may still need one more to get started, unless one of our reserves want to jump in with some enthusiasm.

Maestro, Spain merges the files... will you be OK with doing that?

I'm afraid I'm not the best at organizing these things. I wasn't dead set on the scenario or anything, but thought it was a go when RG told us how to get the files sorted. I suppose you can't please everyone with the settings and the best thing to do is make a decision and go with it. RG's mod seemed to be the consensus, so unless that changes we'll go with it.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 36
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:13:22 PM   
MorningDew

Let me know if you need one more. Glad to steop in, but the AI players should give this a try. MUCH better.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 37
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:23:25 PM   
IronWarrior

Sounds good Andrew, thanks for joining and welcome to the fray aprezto.

Actually that was Terje that asked to be removed, so we still need one more unless one of our reserves want to play.

aprezto and Andrew go ahead and pick your nations.

< Message edited by IronWarrior -- 6/13/2009 11:26:44 PM >

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 38
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:28:39 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

Actually that was Terje that asked to be removed, so we still need one more unless one of our reserves want to play.

Well, like I said above, Russia would be my first pick, but will take alternate if someone else wants Russia more than me.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 39
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:37:02 PM   
aprezto

Hi Team - happy to do an AAR as well. Once upon a time I wrote a huge one in the WitP forum when PzB and I started a game when WitP had just come out (under a previous psuedenum - Matrix ate that one - called wobbly).

I know Prussia the best and think I better give myself the smallest of leg ups by at least playing a side I know (somewhat). I need all the help I can find!

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 40
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:51:28 PM   
Anthropoid

What name are gonna call this match by? Is it "PBEM 109?" I suppose the best way to keep turns straight is to have folders in my PBEM folder eh, and then as soon as I get my new save and email it back, move it into the folder??

BTW, if Kingmaker is not playing in this match, is he really going to be keen to merge our files for us? Not that I'm volunteering to do it myself or anything, but thought I'd ask!

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 41
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:56:00 PM   
IronWarrior

quote:

What name are gonna call this match by? Is it "PBEM 109?" I suppose the best way to keep turns straight is to have folders in my PBEM folder eh, and then as soon as I get my new save and email it back, move it into the folder??

BTW, if Kingmaker is not playing in this match, is he really going to be keen to merge our files for us? Not that I'm volunteering to do it myself or anything, but thought I'd ask!

lol nah we certainly couldn't ask that of Peter. Whoever takes Spain will merge the files. If Maestro wants to take Spain and give it a try then he will. If not, or if he has a problem, someone else can take Spain and do it. The name of the file will be created by France when the game is started.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 42
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/13/2009 11:59:55 PM   
Anthropoid

Well whoever plays France, can you give the game some kinda distinctive name so the files are maybe a bit easier to distinguish from the files for our other PBEM? Maybe? I dunno?

Post #: 43
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 1:57:55 AM   
terje439

quote:

aprezto and Andrew go ahead and pick your nations.

Thought you were full, and that the entry of Aprezto pushed you over the limit. If you still need someone just send a pm.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Post #: 44
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 2:30:33 AM   
MorningDew

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439
Thought you were full, and that the entry of Aprezto pushed you over the limit. If you still need someone just send a pm.
Terje

Terje was here first and misunderstood. I suggest he play and I'll be happy to be an alternate. First choice, if you need more than Terje, is Sweden since I'm just starting to understand them:)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 45
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 3:10:14 AM   
06 Maestro

Iron Warrior

I have a final decision-I wil take Turkey.

Perhaps those of you that already have some PBM experience with this game could add a few house rules. I noticed some posted from one of the other games-I assume there was good reason.

"Daylight is a-burnen"

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 46
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 3:14:42 AM   
Anthropoid

Here is a good house rule: Leave mother Russia ALONE! We only wish to engage in peaceful cultural exchange and trade, preferably at a rate of about 35 gold pieces per wool . . .

Seriously though, are there any house rules in any of the other ones? Are they really necessary? I didn't know there were any houes rules.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 47
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 3:27:13 AM   
06 Maestro

I copied these from another thread. I am not sure if these are required-I 'll go with what the veterans say. I'm more interested in just getting it going at this point.

Franck's house rule:

When a war ends between 2 major nations
(A)Unless the capital of a specific protectorate has been captured all of that protectorate's provinces that were originaly (pre-war) controlled by a player should be ceded back to the original (pre-war) onwner
(B) In the case where a major nations control the capital of a protectorate, the player who conquered the capital gets to keep all provinces that belonged to that protectorate. The player must still cede back any protectorate's provinces for which the protectorate's capital was not conquered!

exemple:
France and Austrian's Italian war:
France took control of the capital of Ventia, Naples and Papal States. By this rule he gets to keep all of the provinces he took there. If France had failed to take the capital of Naples before I surrendered he would have had to give me back all of the provinces he took from Naples. (ie: this is why I barricaded almost all of Naples armed force inside Naples. Hoping for a settlement before France could breach Naples.)

Sweden and the coalition's war:
Sweden took Copenhague. Since this is the capital of Danemark Sweden gets to keep that province after the war (If no one claims it with surrender points). If Sweden at taken control of any other Danish provinces he could also keep them.)

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 48
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 3:35:58 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

Here is a good house rule: Leave mother Russia ALONE! We only wish to engage in peaceful cultural exchange and trade, preferably at a rate of about 35 gold pieces per wool . . .

Nothing to fear from your Ottoman Brothers to the south. The only ones to hear the frogs croaking on the Bug wil be early morning fishermen.
However, I do not need any Russian wool, or anything else for that matter. I sincerly hope that your wool trade does not interfere with Istanbuls textile trade.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 6/14/2009 4:23:07 AM >

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 49
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 4:22:18 AM   
IronWarrior

Hopefully the patch has fixed the issues that brought about Franck's house rule. Starting out, the only house rule that we would need is for the France player to remove Dumouriez once Napoleon arrives. Aside from that we'll just need to use common sense and cut each other slack if a bug arises.

Terje I'll let you choose from what's left... France, GB, or Spain and I'll take the last spot.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 50
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 4:31:24 AM   
terje439

Well, since I'm pretty much labeled as a troublemaker, hothead, difficult ruler, etc etc I'll have a go with France then.
Atleast this time there is a REASON to look upon me as the prime eviiil of Europe

Terje

Post #: 51
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 4:32:53 AM   
terje439

Hmm, if we all are to make AARs about this pbem, think we should ask Gil if it is possible to make a subfolder in the AAR section only for this game?

Terje

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 52
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 4:44:17 AM   
IronWarrior

quote:

Well, since I'm pretty much labeled as a troublemaker, hothead, difficult ruler, etc etc I'll have a go with France then.
Atleast this time there is a REASON to look upon me as the prime eviiil of Europe

Terje

lol you got it.

Looks like we're about set to go. To let the newer players know how it works, Terje will set up the game and email everyone the first file. The rest of you (except for me) will take your turn and then send the 'done' files to me and I will then merge them and send the new turn out to everyone else.

For those who don't have it yet my email is: screamingpalm at live dot com.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 53
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 4:53:17 AM   
terje439

quote:

To let the newer players know how it works, Terje will set up the game and email everyone the first file. The rest of you (except for me) will take your turn and then send the 'done' files to me and I will then merge them and send the new turn out to everyone else.

Dang, knew there was a downside for leading those imperial guards across Europe
But to do so I am going to need the email adresses, if you do not want to post it here, just send me a pm or email me at terje439@hotmail.com.

Terje

Post #: 54
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 4:59:18 AM   
terje439

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 55
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 5:00:27 AM   
terje439

Heey which one of my ministers leaked my invasion plans?

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 56
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 5:01:53 AM   
terje439

quote:

Iron Warrior

Perhaps those of you that already have some PBM experience with this game could add a few house rules. I noticed some posted from one of the other games-I assume there was good reason.

"Daylight is a-burnen"

Do not deal with the shady Brits, they only leave you wanting more untill you are ready to sell your soul for another grant.
Oh, and DoW-ing France is forbidden!

Terje

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 57
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 5:04:09 AM   
terje439

quote:

Well in principle I'd love to do an AAR, but I am also just now agreeing to be in a WiTP PBEM. That would be three total.

only 3!? You need more pbem games!

Terje

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 58
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 5:06:20 AM   
terje439

quote:

To let the newer players know how it works, Terje will set up everyone for his gain, he will also attack you at every oppertunity.

Heey! What a bad thing to say!

*OOC: Hmm I need to stop visiting the forums this late at night (morning I guess but...)

Terje

Post #: 59
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/14/2009 5:17:58 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

quote:

Iron Warrior

"Daylight is a-burnen"

Do not deal with the shady Brits, they only leave you wanting more untill you are ready to sell your soul for another grant.
Oh, and DoW-ing France is forbidden!

Terje

I will dine with my chosen Pashas in Paris as we prefer French food to what those island people eat. How that is to be arranged is somewhat dependant on French civility to the Sultan.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 109 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI