Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Need replacement for Russia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: Need replacement for Russia Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/21/2009 2:22:39 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Just a thought, maybe keep an eye on the the 'Hired guns' forums, see if he's posting there, I think Mus spotted him there earlier in the week.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 181
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/21/2009 2:28:48 PM   
IronWarrior

Hehe I don't want to babysit or turn into a stalker. He has posted in there a few times since I sent the last turn, so the ability was there to turn his file around regardless.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 182
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/21/2009 5:28:06 PM   
06 Maestro

So, I turned into the "stalker". Anthropoids last post was about 13 hour after IW sent the last turn out-his last login was about 15 hours after the last turn was sent out. It looks like he had ample time to reply. If he had a major technical malfunction (like blowing a new wide screen)he may be in somewhat of a state of shock-especially if the Female Unit began launching projectiles at him. This could explain his disappearance.

I E-mailed Anthropoid a few minutes ago. Hopefully we will hear from him today. If he does not reply here by 2000 GMT, then I suggest it is time to assume the worst-and to actively seek a replacement.

The game must go on.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Post #: 183
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/21/2009 8:12:22 PM   
aprezto

I find it strange he would act this way without mitigating circumstances. He seemed a very active member of this forum, as much as he is part of others. For him to just stop playing....?

However, it appears he has the ability to post to the forums, even if he may be unable to complete his turns. While computer games are hardly your job, you should recognise that you have an obligation to the rest of the players if you can't complete your turn. A simple email to one or all of the players or a forum note would suffice.

None of that has eventuated, so I struggle to see what circumstance could explain his inability to update us?

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 184
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/22/2009 2:12:21 AM   
06 Maestro

OK-if anyone has not heard from Anthropoid at this point, I think it is time to seek a replacement.

Is there agreement on this?

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 185
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/22/2009 4:46:34 AM   
aprezto

I agree

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 186
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/22/2009 8:38:19 PM   
aprezto

Has anyone made personal approaches to other players regarding this? Just might be more conducive to getting a response if we start a new thread. I know I didn't look into these PBEM threads as they seemed very specific to the players in the game (only).

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 187
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/22/2009 8:53:09 PM   
06 Maestro

I'll make the position known in the replacements thread.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 188
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 1:41:24 AM   
Anthropoid

Hey guys, sorry to be AWOL. I did have some technical difficulties of various natures. For one thing, my emails to IronWarrior do not seem to make it through all the time. I am pretty sure I sent my last turn just before I had internet issues at home last Thursday or Friday, but I'm guessing it never made it? I then had to go to Florida for mother-in-law and family stuff (with wife) and am now in Atlanta. I should have said something about this impending travel before it happened, but it just sort of slipped under the radar and I forgot to mention it before I lost connectivity at home during my last day at home, and then have spent the last three or four days traveling and staying in motels. I have logged on to check email etc. for the first time since last Thursday I think.

In any event, this is my only travel this summer, so it won't happen again. I should have email consistently here at our hosts house in Atlanta till I go back to MA later this week. I will resend the last turn I played to the list. What we need to do about the problem with my emails not reaching Iron Warriors hotmail account all the time I am not so sure of. It is possible that somehow it has to do with spam settings, but I don't think so. I seem to receive emails from him fine, but they do not send consistently. I've got several notes back saying that my app tried repeatedly to get it to send but it kept bouncing.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 189
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:02:55 AM   
aprezto

Mein Gott! He lives.

Well Mr Evil, I think you had better look into upgrading the comms equipment at the 'secret underground lair'. Such lapses of communications can only help out the buck toothed one.

I will concur with you regarding the email sending thing. I had too 'undeliverable' responses to IW's email address sent from two different email addresses. Since then I have not had problems, and my second turn made it through OK. It might be worth you trying to password protect zip the file. I have had issues with WitP game files causing issues with AV software. The AV software tries to unpack the game file, which, if it is like WitP, has some inherrent archiving included, and fails horribly. The ultimate result being that it isn't delivered. I will admit that this issue does not quite feel like that, as we are getting undeliverable responses, but it might be worth trying. Or, get yourself another web based email address and try sending from there.

Still, this is a wake up for us all. The game is dependent on everyone getting their turns in, if we are away from some reason, try and notify ahead of time.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 190
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:14:59 AM   
Anthropoid

Yeh, my apologies for not giving any warning about being absent, but I didn't expect that I would lose internet at home on Thursday the day before I left, and not be able to give you a warning, and then everywhere I've been on this trip where internet was supposed to have been available either didn't work or I couldn't get the time to stop and login. If you have a replacement, I'll bow out gracefully. But rest assured, I try my best not to have such things occur; best thing is to always give advance warning of impending trips, which i failed to do on this one.

I resent the last turn (001 IIRC) to screamingpalm and also to some other guys. It looks like I sent it last Wednesday 6-17.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 191
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:23:26 AM   
aprezto

Fire it to me: awhhill AT gmail DOT com

and I can pass it on as another attempt, and also a check on if it can get to other address.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 192
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:26:54 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Hey guys, sorry to be AWOL.

You were well on your way to being a deserter-glad that did not happen. Just today I put in a request for a replacement player-it looked like you were gone.

quote:

I've got several notes back saying that my app tried repeatedly to get it to send but it kept bouncing.

On my first commo with IW I also had my mail returned. Since that problem, it has sent 2 times trouble free. If you have that problem occur again I would be happy to forward your turn to IW (while a more permanent fix is figured out).

OK-so now we ave a happy crew again-lets get this thing rolling.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 193
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:31:26 AM   
Anthropoid

I sent it to Aprezto's gmail account too.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 194
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:35:58 AM   
aprezto

Hmmm - no luck so far...

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 195
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:43:05 AM   
Anthropoid

Also sent it to 06Maestro.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 196
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:45:43 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

I sent it to Aprezto's gmail account too.

Are you zipping the file? Your ISP security may think it is a virus.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 197
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:49:02 AM   
Anthropoid

Yep, I zipped them this time (all three). I've got too slow and sketchy of a wireless connection here to use Outlook, so I sent them both straight from earthlink, which has generally been a solid ISP for me.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 198
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:49:34 AM   
aprezto

I would say the time taken is too long Anthropoid. There is definately something up with your email.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 199
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:50:29 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

OK good-I received it.
It came in on the Gmail account.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 200
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:54:06 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

I will forward your turn to IW right now. I normally use outlook also, but will try to forward using Gmail.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 201
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:55:18 AM   
aprezto

not me yet. Mind you, I am in New Zealand and it takes a while for our internet pigeons to travel the distances, who knows when there is a nice bird feeder on the way?

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 202
RE: Need replacement for Russia - 6/23/2009 2:57:18 AM   
aprezto

Can you just send a text only email?

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 203
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 3:07:51 AM   
IronWarrior

Good to see yer OK Anthropoid. Got the emails, but the zip file contained 'All' files. Still need Russia's 'Done' files.

I like what Franck did with setting up a hotmail for the "no frills" game. I might look into getting one for this game as well.

< Message edited by IronWarrior -- 6/23/2009 3:08:55 AM >

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 204
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 3:21:43 AM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

Good to see yer OK Anthropoid. Got the emails, but the zip file contained 'All' files. Still need Russia's 'Done' files.

I like what Franck did with setting up a hotmail for the "no frills" game. I might look into getting one for this game as well.

Doh! Resent again with the Rusdone version instead of the original ALL version attached.

I'm beginning to think the main problem is with Outlook, as it seems IronWarrior received that last note just fine.

Post #: 205
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 3:32:39 AM   
IronWarrior

Hmm... got the file, but it's turn 1. We're on turn 2... did you ever receive the 'All" file for turn 2?

(Forwarded the original turn 2 email to you)

< Message edited by IronWarrior -- 6/23/2009 3:35:02 AM >

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 206
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 3:37:11 AM   
aprezto

Well I will also report that it eventually made it to me as well. Just too impatient.

Post #: 207
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 4:11:52 AM   
Mus

We gonna get this turn out tonight?

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 208
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 4:15:01 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mus

We gonna get this turn out tonight?

Are you giving odds?

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 209
RE: PBEM 109 - 6/23/2009 11:59:43 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Not sure who's getting what in your game but from personal experiance the Zip files seem to do their own thing!

Eg I downloaded Seamus zipped files for 'Another PBEM' game, unzipped in the normal way then couldn't find the buggers, tried again, asked if I wanted to replace the already established file (Huh??!!??), said yes, still no files in the PBEM folder, so had a look at the whole CoG folder and noticed Russias Zip had set up it's own folder!!! (never had that before and Seamus's predessesor in 'Another PBEM' used to zip his files).

Anyhow the upshot is you then have to copy the files from the newly created Russia zip folder to the main PBEM folder, so to cut a long story short ... Seamus please do NOT send your files Zipped ... well to me anyhow.

Agian from personal experriance this time over years, Hotmail is a bummer for both sending & recieving files, it works OK for periods the throws little wobblies of it's own choosing, IMO it's best avoided, but other folk seem to like it ... perverts!

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: Need replacement for Russia Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI