Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bought my copy from local store - where can I get the patch 1.08

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Bought my copy from local store - where can I get the patch 1.08 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bought my copy from local store - where can I get the p... - 6/15/2009 8:37:19 PM   
juhhe

Hi

First post for this forum, so be gentle with me ....

I just bought my version of the game from local store. Game is at version 1.07.000 or something. I tried it and noticed some things I did not like about the camera controls AND the accuracy with which the enemy throws grenades. I did remember reading somewhere that patching helps for these.
I have been searching for patch that I could use with my game but cannot seem to find one. If I DL it from Matrix it will ask for a serial which I do not have as the retail version did not have it.
If I DL it from Petergames which seems to be the publisher for the retail version it seems to be for german version and not english.

I find this a bit confusing because if I try to google it, I will 95 % of cases be directed to Matrix patch, which I cannot get to work.

Now, I do realise that this might not be the perfect place for me to write this to, but in the eyes of the consumer (thats me..) it seems a bit strange that the same patch cannot be used for the obviously same game as the publisher is different. But who else makes these patches than the developer of the game instead of Matrix ??.

Darn, and I just would like to play the game without getting grenaded 99 % of the fights.
Petergames doesn't have any forum where to moan about this and the forum they direct me to is in german (which I know very little of excepts the obvious achtungs and schweinehunds).

Help would really be appreciated.

Thanks already
Finland out.
Post #: 1
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 6/15/2009 10:14:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi,

Bad news unfortunately, please see my responses here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2133322

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to juhhe)
Post #: 2
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 6/15/2009 10:20:40 PM   
Stealth_Hitman

I have an english retail copy and it works with the patch on this website. The serial key is on the back of the white paper that the cd or dvd is in. I'm mentioning this incase a similar question is asked. I'm glad it doesn't require the disk in the drive, all games that require a cd key input should be this way :) saves about 30 sec to a min of starting a game.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 6/15/2009 11:28:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, our updates are for our copies as well as the North American retail copies released through our partners at TriSynergy. They'll work for either of those releases, but not for the other releases done around the world by other publishers with whom we have no contact.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Stealth_Hitman)
Post #: 4
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 7/3/2009 9:43:56 AM   
Berty

I'm in England, and my copy of the game seems to have been distributed by GFI. I'm guessing that this means that there will be no patch for me.

Do you know if the mods will still work? If not, I will try them and post the results.

Also, the English in my copy is awful. Is this the same for everyone or is it just my copy?

(in reply to juhhe)
Post #: 5
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 7/10/2009 4:32:15 PM   
GODSPEED7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Berty

Also, the English in my copy is awful. Is this the same for everyone or is it just my copy?

I have the box that shows pictures (on bottom) of GFI, Matrix Games, Tri Synergy...

and the english is pretty lame, but I've gotten used to this from russian game makers.. hehe, I actually don't even mind it much anymore. As long as you understand the sense of the phrase you're fine. Although, I would appreciate a translation that was done better.

And I doubt the english in your copy has to do with the publisher , so no matter if your in the UK, North America or Mars Colony, it'll be poorly translated.

I would still go ahead and try out the patches and mods (backup files first), as the files are basically the same thing, although I may really be wrong.. sorry if I am.

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to Berty)
Post #: 6
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 7/10/2009 4:44:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

We actually did edit the English text, it was far worse when we received it. Because of the voice audio though, there was only so much we could do.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GODSPEED7)
Post #: 7
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 7/10/2009 5:49:16 PM   
GODSPEED7

Oh, ok, thanks for rectifying that. For the most part it is pretty good, although they're a few Journal entries that would need a small overhaul. But really, its nothing bad. I've worked for a bit on helping translate some russian game to english a few years back (7.62mm) and it was a hell'of a task. Lots of it couldn't even be translated..

GODSPEEDseven

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Bought my copy from local store - where can I get t... - 7/14/2009 12:02:36 PM   
Berty

Sorry, yes, my copy is distributed by Kalypso games and they released the 1.08 patch for it, so no worries on that front. Can't tell if there's any difference but I will try out the reinforce mod to see if the mod types are compatable.

The english in the vanilla game, unedited by the fine crew at Matrix, is almost deliberatly poor. It's like the translated it with Babelfish and then ran it back and forth a few times just to be sure it was illegible.

(in reply to juhhe)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Bought my copy from local store - where can I get the patch 1.08 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI