Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Improved seasonal movement penalties.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Improved seasonal movement penalties. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Improved seasonal movement penalties. - 7/7/2009 7:43:50 PM   
virgil_182

I have been working on improving the seasonal scripts.

I've added a few subroutines that check each round during the inclement seasons, and then randomly adjust air unit movement cost depending on the season. All inclement weather gives penalties but depending on the actual season the penalties high and low values are capped accordingly. This way you know generally that your aircraft can fly in the spring, most of the time, but in fall and winter there will likely be more days they can not fly then days they can.

This gives a semi random, per round, movement effect on air units, more closely simulating the real world issues in the World Wars that one could plan a fall or winter offensive, but you never knew until the day of the attack if your planes would be able to find the target.

I plan to expand the per season movement scripting to include ground units as well, although the penalties will be less random and more predictable, but still have a slight per round random factor that one must take into account when planning winter offensives.

If any one is interested I'd be happy to post the scripts, or the scenario for addition into your own scenario building efforts.
Post #: 1
RE: Improved seasonal movement penalties. - 7/7/2009 8:36:40 PM   
Grymme

Sure. Post the script when you feel ready or need help.

Also. Does your script have the "winter" and "mud" undercoating that changes the landscape?. It looks nice.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to virgil_182)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Improved seasonal movement penalties. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI