Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can you play as Poland?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Can you play as Poland? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can you play as Poland? - 7/22/2009 10:30:46 PM   
JFalk68

Hi, I was wondering if you could play as Poland in this game?

I used to love to play as Poland in HOI2 and try to repel the German invasion but I was almost always unsuccessful. I tried building up my military more in the game and upgrading to 1936/39 standards and even trying to unsuccessfully to create a slavic block of countries, a coalition of sorts to stand against either German or Soviet aggressio but it never worked. None would join me. I thought the Chech's, Romania and Poland would make a nice little trio to counter German aggression.

Is there a way in this game to upgrade your technology? Poland had a very good modern fighter that it was about to produce but only had a prototype made. How much of a difference would having 200 of these fighters? What if Poland was able to mobolize early and get their army in place and ready?
What if their divisions had more radios and trucks? What if? These are the kinds of questions I want to answer when I play such a game :)
Post #: 1
RE: Can you play as Poland? - 7/22/2009 10:47:38 PM   
Mike Parker

You can play as Poland.  You cannot easily make the sort of changes your mentioning though.  You could Mod things so Poland has higher tech air force units and such.  Since the scenario starts with the invasion of Poland there isn't really time for Poland to make much in the way of diplomatic ovurtures to anybody else, even if you gave them diplomatic points.

While ToW allows you to play many of the countries besides the typical 6, it doesn't have the structure that HOI had to allow as much what if's.  I am not sure if any of the mod's allowed could change that though.

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 2
RE: Can you play as Poland? - 7/23/2009 4:21:07 PM   
Anraz

The game starts in 1939 so there is little space for alternatives, but as Mike Parker said, you can easy change initial scenario setup and add your own "what if". Almost all changes are possible to introduce with notepad. Also you can count on our tips:)

(in reply to Mike Parker)
Post #: 3
RE: Can you play as Poland? - 7/23/2009 7:25:04 PM   
Uxbridge

It sounded funny, so I just re-made the 1939 scenario to reflect a greater capacity of the Polish. If you let me know your e-mail adress via personal messages, JFalk, i'll send it to you.

(in reply to Anraz)
Post #: 4
RE: Can you play as Poland? - 7/23/2009 9:35:09 PM   
JFalk68

Hi Uxbridge,

I haven't got the game yet. I am seeing a lot of favorable comments but I still have to run the purchase by "she who must be obeyed" haha. I saw your post about the supply situation in North Africa. I added a couple of comments but I'm looking forward to hearing your point of view :)

Thanks

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 5
RE: Can you play as Poland? - 7/24/2009 12:02:46 AM   
Uxbridge

Oh, yes! OKF (OberKommando die Frau).

I cured mine a couple of years back when bying a replica of a Thompson submachine gun. She asked how much it had cost, saying something like: "Surely, it didn't cost more than a hundred pounds, did it?" When I told her it had cost about five times as much, she fell strangley silent and I haven't heard any comments on my purchases ever since. If it was genuine chock that did it, she still haven't recovered.

If you guys have problems with game allowances, buy machine guns.  

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 7/24/2009 12:04:56 AM >

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 6
RE: Can you play as Poland? - 7/24/2009 8:42:48 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uxbridge

Oh, yes! OKF (OberKommando die Frau).

If you guys have problems with game allowances, buy machine guns.  

Hoho, beware, you could be sued for such statements !!!

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Can you play as Poland? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI