Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  723 724 [725] 726 727   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 9:25:10 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Guys, can anyone of you open this web page:

http://www.anandtech.com/

Yes, but it takes an age and it's still not fully loaded up yet.

Thanks for info Martin!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 21721
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 11:59:19 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Sounds good. Sprior will be minister of silly walks.Dixie can be minister of drawing. T will be minister of no! Yuri can be minister of BLASTING! And I'll be the minister of grumpy old geezers!

(crosses fingers, prays aloud)"Come on, bikini inspector!"

Hey, Steve, Gladiatt, et. al., got room for the official bikini inspector in this government of yours?

Yes, but Steve models them.

Coffee Minister is sounding pretty good right about now.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 21722
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 12:00:04 PM   
Chickenboy

Good morning, men.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21723
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 12:03:49 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Morning tithe.

Did I mention I HATE allergies?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21724
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 12:07:39 PM   
Chickenboy

Dude. Word.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 21725
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 12:18:22 PM   
Onime No Kyo

But I sure do love chicken.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21726
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 12:55:44 PM   
Chickenboy

What sort of drugs are you using to control your seasonal (?) atopy / inhalant (?) allergies?

Post #: 21727
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 12:59:04 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

And what about this OLD idea of forming a governement with guys from the Thread. I always asked the minister of free time

Sounds good. Sprior will be minister of silly walks.Dixie can be minister of drawing. T will be minister of no! Yuri can be minister of BLASTING! And I'll be the minister of grumpy old geezers!

I probably won't have a lot of meeting with Dixie or Yuri: their "work" take time, and i CANNOT afford this, having to keep "free" time .
But for T, you or Sprior, i think our stuff is a very "short-time" need....

I also baggsy Generalisimo of the Air Force!

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 21728
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 1:10:42 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

We only are serious about not being serious! What , did we scare you in our discussion of which state government is most corrupt?

i am awfuly ashame, but i really thought there was a serious part (if not the whole) in this talk.
Should never doe this mistake again.
Can i send a few idea about corrupted governement ????? ; (note to myself don't get involved in political debate).
And what about this OLD idea of forming a governement with guys from the Thread. I always asked the minister of free time

No.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 21729
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 2:09:51 PM   
AW1Steve

Tithe...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21730
LOG! - 4/9/2010 3:02:47 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

quote:

Hey, Steve, Gladiatt, et. al., got room for the official bikini inspector in this government of yours?

Yes, but Steve models them.

Coffee Minister is sounding pretty good right about now.

crap....i wanted to be minister of silly walks. Guess i'll have to settle Minister of Annoying Posts.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21731
RE: LOG! - 4/9/2010 3:39:01 PM   
sprior

quote:

Sprior will be minister of silly walks

Beer is my main training tool used for this.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 21732
RE: LOG! - 4/9/2010 3:42:10 PM   
Nikademus

after 4 x Schooners of Rogue Double Mocha Porter.....i was was walking silly.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 21733
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:12:01 PM   
Terminus

Well, April 9th is here again. Fewer and fewer Danes know what happened every year...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21734
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:16:10 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Hard to believe it's 70 years. Being an american my mental calculus starts at 1941 so I haven't hit that date yet.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21735
the pondering LOG! - 4/9/2010 4:17:39 PM   
Nikademus

I've often wondered how much longer WWII will remain in the public and wargamer conciousness to such a degree as we get more and more into the future. Thank heaven of course we don't have (so far) a "WWIII" to take it's place so that alone will keep it relevent, but as technology and politics change, its inevitable that there will be a growing disconnect.

WWI for example almost seems like it happened on another planet given the type of warfare, the mindset and the attitudes of that period in comparison to today's "MTV generation"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21736
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:30:10 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Well, April 9th is here again. Fewer and fewer Danes know what happened every year...

I'm assuming you do mean the invasion of Denmark?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21737
RE: the ponderOUS LOG! - 4/9/2010 4:30:58 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I've often wondered how much longer WWII will remain in the public and wargamer conciousness to such a degree as we get more and more into the future. Thank heaven of course we don't have (so far) a "WWIII" to take it's place so that alone will keep it relevent, but as technology and politics change, its inevitable that there will be a growing disconnect.

WWI for example almost seems like it happened on another planet given the type of warfare, the mindset and the attitudes of that period in comparison to today's "MTV generation"

The "MTV generation" has no idea WWI happened.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 21738
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:31:18 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

I'm assuming you do mean the invasion of Denmark?

You assume correctly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 21739
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:39:02 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

good evening guys

don't want to disturb an serious talk

haem

hope you all go well

You just dont want Big Brother to catch you participating in this prattle.

Well, Yuri, at this time of the day, i was home, so no more Big Brother

Post #: 21740
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:39:11 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

Watching Jersey Shore convinced me that the apocalypse was approaching. But I tend to overreact to these things. I'm sure some middle-aged guy was thinking the same thing seeing me in my teens and '20s. As a general rule I think that you're mentally retarded until you hit about 25 anyway.

< Message edited by anarchyintheuk -- 4/9/2010 4:40:26 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21741
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 4:40:29 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

quote:

Of course. I can also find some free time to go along with you on inspection

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21742
RE: the ponderOUS LOG! - 4/9/2010 4:51:37 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

quote:

i once made a statement on the general forum about such knowledge by the "new" generation, and the thread was closed by a Mod.
Anyway i will try to say it once more.
Here (i can't tell for others part of the world), the "young" know nearly nothing. Date of Charlemagne, of middle age, who was Platon or Socrate, when was Hundred Year War or the Great Plague. They have a very confuse notion about Louis XIV because it is our most renown king, but don't know his date of reign. French revolution, rise of industry, age of colony, or Napoleon are at best a big mist, at worst unknown. WWI is not known. WWII, well of course, with all the war-movie that we had. But the date ??? an inquiry was made a few years ago on the young students. D Day, was it in 1968 ? Or when the americans landed on the moon ?
Now, to ask youngster to remind of Voltaire, Montesquieu, Zola, or Joan of Arc, Louis-the-Saint, Clovis, Ambroise Paré..... ;
In 20 years, guys like you or me will be kept in museum or zoo. When talking with younger collegues (from only 10 years) they can't understand what i am speaking of when talking Beatles, Stones, Led Zepp', Genesis, Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood, Kubrick, Coppola....

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21743
RE: the ponderOUS LOG! - 4/9/2010 5:37:42 PM   
radar

quote:

quote:

quote:

i once made a statement on the general forum about such knowledge by the "new" generation, and the thread was closed by a Mod.
Anyway i will try to say it once more.
Here (i can't tell for others part of the world), the "young" know nearly nothing. Date of Charlemagne, of middle age, who was Platon or Socrate, when was Hundred Year War or the Great Plague. They have a very confuse notion about Louis XIV because it is our most renown king, but don't know his date of reign. French revolution, rise of industry, age of colony, or Napoleon are at best a big mist, at worst unknown. WWI is not known. WWII, well of course, with all the war-movie that we had. But the date ??? an inquiry was made a few years ago on the young students. D Day, was it in 1968 ? Or when the americans landed on the moon ?
Now, to ask youngster to remind of Voltaire, Montesquieu, Zola, or Joan of Arc, Louis-the-Saint, Clovis, Ambroise Paré..... ;
In 20 years, guys like you or me will be kept in museum or zoo. When talking with younger collegues (from only 10 years) they can't understand what i am speaking of when talking Beatles, Stones, Led Zepp', Genesis, Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood, Kubrick, Coppola....

Musically, I think the younger generations are very aware of the Beatles, Zeppelin and the Stones, at least here in the States. I am a member of several Beatle forums and I correspond with numerous 20-somethings, teens and pre-teens who really know their music.

Historically, your concerns a valid, Eric.

USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 21744
RE: the ponderOUS LOG! - 4/9/2010 5:48:20 PM   
Nikademus

Yup. Your average student can tell you all about the lineage of Rock and Roll, Hip-hop and the complete history of Snoop Dog.....but ask them where Denmark is? or when WWII started and you'll get a blank stare.

Fortunately we have Hollywood to catch them up. For example it was recently revealed that the USN was responsible for cracking Enigma thx to the capture of U-571 as portrayed by Jon Bon-Jovi.

(in reply to radar)
Post #: 21745
RE: the ponderOUS LOG! - 4/9/2010 7:21:06 PM   
Wirraway_Ace

quote:

...U-571 as portrayed by Jon Bon-Jovi.

Glad I did not see that one!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 21746
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 7:30:30 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We only are serious about not being serious! What , did we scare you in our discussion of which state government is most corrupt?

i am awfuly ashame, but i really thought there was a serious part (if not the whole) in this talk.
Can i send a few idea about corrupted governement ????? ; (note to myself don't get involved in political debate).

No.

Most obvious post ever?

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 21747
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 7:36:03 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Most obvious post ever?

If we can choose . . . I'll take minister of tex-mex and small garden implements . . . I nominate Grollub for minister of snow and hot athletic blond women.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 21748
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 7:43:11 PM   
Wirraway_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

Watching Jersey Shore convinced me that the apocalypse was approaching. But I tend to overreact to these things. I'm sure some middle-aged guy was thinking the same thing seeing me in my teens and '20s. As a general rule I think that you're mentally retarded until you hit about 25 anyway.

I have hope. This generation will not be without its scholars.

Time has allowed more balanced views of events and individual conduct of soldiers on both sides. This has led to a lot of revisionist history, but also a lot of good history. The declassification of many documents has allowed for a clearer understanding of what leaders knew and where thinking.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 21749
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/9/2010 7:44:43 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Most obvious post ever?

If we can choose . . . I'll take minister of tex-mex and small garden implements . . . I nominate Grollub for minister of snow and hot athletic blond women.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 21750
Page:   <<   < prev  723 724 [725] 726 727   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  723 724 [725] 726 727   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI