Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  743 744 [745] 746 747   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 2:51:06 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

We also don't have Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin or Ted Stevens. We're doomed, DOOMED!

That's it. I'm moving to Denmark. I think T could use a new neighbor anyway.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22321
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:04:33 AM   
Mynok

Who's this?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 22322
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:08:21 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

ALL HAIL THE THREAD!!!  

Truest words spoken today, Niceguy 2005.

Post #: 22323
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:29:51 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

We also don't have Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin or Ted Stevens. We're doomed, DOOMED!

I thought that you repudiated any political discussion on the Thread? I also notice that everyone that you listed came from the right side of the spectrum.Don't you dislike any center or left wing commenators/pols?

There's a center in US politics? Surely you jest.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

"Center"

Yeah....the rest of the party calls us "Rhino's". They think we are a mythical beast. Except the day after an election day.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22324
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:31:41 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

POLKA WILL LIVE FOREVER!!

Just curious how many fellow geeks out there will get the referrence!

I'll guess Weird Al.....but thats just a WAG.

No , but that's a good guess. It's a line from the latest of the Dresden Diaries, "Changes". One of the minor characters is a coroner whose hobby is a being a "one man band" specialing in Polkas. I was curious if anyone here had read any of the books. I'm not a fantasy/horror fan , but this author writes in a very entertaining and humorous manner, with some VERY quirky characters rhrown in.

I havent a clue of what you are talking about. Not as if its the first time, or anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dresden_Files One link is worth a thousand words (especially ones that you don't have to type!)

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 22325
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:41:03 AM   
thegreatwent

Tithe

Why do I always forget to check with my S-2 before planning my recons in force. The spooks had the info but did I ask them Nope, not I. PBEM can keep you humble

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22326
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 4:55:44 AM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

I thought that you repudiated any political discussion on the Thread? I also notice that everyone that you listed came from the right side of the spectrum.Don't you dislike any center or left wing commenators/pols?

I didn't mention any because I don't know any. Other than Jon Stewart, of whom I am a fan.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22327
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 5:38:22 AM   
sdevault

quote:

I see nothing wrong or political about this post. I mean, since they are all cartoon characters...How is that political???

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22328
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 7:53:20 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to sdevault)
Post #: 22329
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 9:00:05 AM   
comte

Good morning guys

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 22330
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 11:03:05 AM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 22331
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 11:03:37 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ALL HAIL THE THREAD!!!  

Good to see you, Chris!

Mike

Post #: 22332
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 11:34:36 AM   
sprior

Morning men

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22333
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 12:09:31 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ALL HAIL THE THREAD!!!  

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 22334
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 12:09:53 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

That's it. I'm moving to Denmark. I think T could use a new neighbor anyway.

Dude????

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 22335
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 12:10:24 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Oh, and morning tithe.

Post #: 22336
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 12:11:24 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Who's this?

I know, right? The name seems familiar, but I cant line it up with the silly bastard it belongs to.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 22337
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 12:12:10 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Yeah....the rest of the party calls us "Rhino's". They think we are a mythical beast. Except the day after an election day.

Steve, the immeasurable quantity.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22338
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 12:14:08 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

Tithe

Why do I always forget to check with my S-2 before planning my recons in force. The spooks had the info but did I ask them Nope, not I. PBEM can keep you humble

Because you're a true redleg and you can't be bothered with such nonsense. You see a grid square and your first instinct is to obliterate it.

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 22339
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:03:48 PM   
USSAmerica

Mike

Post #: 22340
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:25:02 PM   
bigmed1204

Good morning thread, did you sleep well?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 22341
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:26:16 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

I didn't mention any because I don't know any. Other than Jon Stewart, of whom I am a fan.

As a non-political public service , I'll give some names of left or center commentators (or at any event, non-right wing). Chris Mathews,Joe Scarborough,Rachel Madden,Lou Dobbs,Tom Shales,Joy Behar,Bill Maher (yes, I know that he claims to be a humorist, but so is Jon Stewart) Keith Olberman and Anderson Cooper. I'll let you figure who stands where ,but you shouldn't have any trouble seeing video's of all of the above (I didn't list any print media) and there are many,many more. Just because FOX gets something like 75% of the American viewership, we should not forget that there at least 8-10 other networks out there.

I mention these , not as an endorsement (as a person entrenched firmly in the center I've not been able to recommend anyone since Harry Reasoner and Eric Severide passed on.) but just to make it easier to hear other opinons. If you'd like more, please feel free to E-mail me (my email is on the profile page, or find me as log in name at Yahoo.com).

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22342
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:27:05 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: sdevault

quote:

I see nothing wrong or political about this post. I mean, since they are all cartoon characters...How is that political???

You've never heard of POLITICAL CARTOONS?

(in reply to sdevault)
Post #: 22343
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:28:08 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Steve, the immeasurable quantity.

Yes, our name is Legion! (Actually it's Steve )

Post #: 22344
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:29:19 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmed1204

The THREAD NEVER SLEEPS! It's always there, always watching!

(in reply to bigmed1204)
Post #: 22345
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:29:46 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I sure wouldn't call Jon Stewart a media centrist. He's a converted comedian who is fortunate enough to be the recipient of a well-run comedy news show. His views are decidely left of center. The Colbert Report is a bit more centrist, but still left of center.

If you want a list of political hacks on the left, I can PM you a list as long as my arm. They're aplenty. You can start with our newly elected Minnesota US Senator, Stuart Smalley.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22346
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 1:31:47 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I sure wouldn't call Jon Stewart a media centrist. He's a converted comedian who is fortunate enough to be the recipient of a well-run comedy news show. His views are decidely left of center. The Colbert Report is a bit more centrist, but still left of center.

If you want a list of political hacks on the left, I can PM you a list as long as my arm. They're aplenty. You can start with our newly elected Minnesota US Senator, Stuart Smalley.

Names Mr. Chairman! I want names! Stuart Smalley? Isn't that the name of a small white mouse that they made a couple of movies about?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 22347
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 2:54:00 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigmed1204

The THREAD NEVER SLEEPS! It's always there, always watching! lurking

Or maybe loitering in a suspicious manner...

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22348
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:01:46 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

As a non-political public service , I'll give some names of left or center commentators (or at any event, non-right wing). Chris Mathews,Joe Scarborough,Rachel Madden,Lou Dobbs,Tom Shales,Joy Behar,Bill Maher (yes, I know that he claims to be a humorist, but so is Jon Stewart) Keith Olberman and Anderson Cooper. I'll let you figure who stands where ,but you shouldn't have any trouble seeing video's of all of the above (I didn't list any print media) and there are many,many more. Just because FOX gets something like 75% of the American viewership, we should not forget that there at least 8-10 other networks out there.

I mention these , not as an endorsement (as a person entrenched firmly in the center I've not been able to recommend anyone since Harry Reasoner and Eric Severide passed on.) but just to make it easier to hear other opinons. If you'd like more, please feel free to E-mail me (my email is on the profile page, or find me as log in name at Yahoo.com).

Maher is still around? I thought he quit years ago?

All the names you list are familiar to me, but only by reputation. Aside from Olberman, who's an <expletive deleted>.

Stewart is most definitely not centrist. He's a leftist, even if he's not the pinko-commie that Beck would like him to appear as. Kudos to Bill O'Reily for saying that on his show.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 22349
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 4/22/2010 3:09:32 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maher is still around? I thought he quit years ago?

All the names you list are familiar to me, but only by reputation. Aside from Olberman, who's an <expletive deleted>.

Stewart is most definitely not centrist. He's a leftist, even if he's not the pinko-commie that Beck would like him to appear as. Kudos to Bill O'Reily for saying that on his show.

Maher is indeed still around ,on HBO , but have moved from nuetral central to openly announced left of center. Stewart is left of center, but still pretty honest , and extremely funny ,(which is the most effective form of commentary. Funny but not generally mean spirited. Maher and Colbert are generally , in my opion , definately mean spirited).

You'll generally find those commentators on CNN,MSNBC , and CBS. Most have blogs.

One excellent source of links , (even though it's definately right of center ), is the Drudge report. He lists almost every major news source and a great many commentators (regardless of left,right,center or whatever) with easy links.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 22350
Page:   <<   < prev  743 744 [745] 746 747   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  743 744 [745] 746 747   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI